PDA

View Full Version : I bought the wrong size . . .

Cuy
July 1st, 2008, 16:06
After 6 years of experimentation, trial-and-error, tape allergies, abrasions, quitting and re-starting, I finally found a device that works for me. I bought a PUD. (Sorry, TLC Tugger guys, but I just can't get my skin to stay in a device of that design for more than 8 minutes.) I bought a "Large" PUD, on the advice of the website to underestimate when measuring. It works great, but it's too narrow and light-weight.

Lacking the funds to buy another in the XL size (I'm getting married next month, and every dollar counts), I wondered if anyone here might have a PUD size XL, and is willing to trade. I'd also trade it for a or for a PUD GP size L or XL. I also have a foreballs which would fit a PUD XL user, and am willing to trade that instead.

BTW, wouldn't a forum for sales and trades be a good idea in here?

Thanks,
Cuy

1Taoist
July 2nd, 2008, 17:48
Interesting. I, too, appreciate the PUD. It works well, and its metal design seems to promote better glans moisture and sensitivity than the silicone. Only problem is the irritating taping, and the skin will start to tear after a few hours wearing it. I was concerned about that for the obvious reason of scarring, which would be counter-productive.

You know, Ron made me a custom tugger that is a wider conical shape with the same edges of the TLC, and it works well and stays on better. This is because it is a wider cone that pushes out the skin side-ways as well as forward.

The PUD works on gravity, but I think it should be used temporarily as a weighted stretching device. Before the tearing starts, or you have to pull the tape off to pee, switching to the tugger keeps the process going and avoids the weighted tearing while maintaining the stretch.

Cuy
July 5th, 2008, 02:43
Interesting. I, too, appreciate the PUD. It works well, and its metal design seems to promote better glans moisture and sensitivity than the silicone. Only problem is the irritating taping, and the skin will start to tear after a few hours wearing it. I was concerned about that for the obvious reason of scarring, which would be counter-productive.

You know, Ron made me a custom tugger that is a wider conical shape with the same edges of the TLC, and it works well and stays on better. This is because it is a wider cone that pushes out the skin side-ways as well as forward.

The PUD works on gravity, but I think it should be used temporarily as a weighted stretching device. Before the tearing starts, or you have to pull the tape off to pee, switching to the tugger keeps the process going and avoids the weighted tearing while maintaining the stretch.

If your skin is tearing, you're using too much tension. This hasn't happened with me (obviously, since I'm seeking a larger one with more tension.) Also, you don't pull the tape off to pee, as the PUD had a large pee-through opening. The opening is threaded to accomodate the included eye-bolt, which can be used to hook onto any elastic for tugging in any direction, or to hold extra weights.

Cuy

1Taoist
July 5th, 2008, 11:52
maybe so. Thanks. Didn't even think of using it as a tugger too, that's a great idea! I've tried using the pee hole but the buildup of residual urine can cause ammonia and that isn't good. Have you ever had that?

Cuy
July 9th, 2008, 18:42
I've never had any build-up. Every time I take it off, I rinse it thoroughly with water. (Whenever I urinate with it on, of course, I'm rinsing it with fresh urine.)

Cuy