PDA

View Full Version : Circumcision in Iraq

David
August 11th, 2008, 17:20
I just watched an HBO documentary made by four high-school students in Baghdad. One of the Muslim students seemed to have undergone circumcision at age 18 (celebrating that "now I am a man!") and wearing ritual clothing afterwards. I thought Muslim circumcisions occured around puberty. Does anyone know if this age (18) is true in Iraq?

Murk
August 11th, 2008, 17:27
I just watched an HBO documentary made by four high-school students in Baghdad. One of the Muslim students seemed to have undergone circumcision at age 18 (celebrating that "now I am a man!") and wearing ritual clothing afterwards. I thought Muslim circumcisions occured around puberty. Does anyone know if this age (18) is true in Iraq?

im a muslim living in malaysia and i was circumcised around the age of 12 (yup, around puberty, and i believe it was the same for my brother.

although not in iraq, i hope that info helps somewhat :p

z726
August 11th, 2008, 19:22
It varies from country to country. Last year there was a news story about circumcision among muslims in Turkey, which said they do it between ages 5 and 12. I've heard that muslims in Europe often do it before puberty as well.

I don't know anything about Iraq, but if they commonly wait until a boy is 18 then good for them. Better that it happens later in adolescence when the boy has a choice in the matter and possibly has a better sense of judgment of what he's doing.

Qwerty123
August 23rd, 2008, 11:10

It depends, some countries/cultures do it at birth, or early childhoot. Others, like Singapore/Malaysia/Filipens do it at around 13-15, others do it at adulthood like a ceremony of becoming a man.

Where I am there are people from all over the world, and most muslims I know get it done as a child regardless of where they are from/what their culture do.

ron1
March 14th, 2009, 15:57
I find this interesting.

The last major war was Iraq. All three of the major parties were the circumcising cultures: U.S, Iraq, and England. Not that war is limited to circumcising countries, but odd nonetheless.

z726
March 14th, 2009, 19:31
Actually I hear it's been fairly uncommon in the UK, ever since their public health insurance refused to pay for circumcision decades ago.

UncutHungItal
July 4th, 2011, 15:27
Actually Iraqi boys are normally circumcised somewhere between ages 3 and 7. It is a gruesome ordeal in which a boy is stripped, spread open and held down by his father and uncles, and has his foreskin cut off while he screams in agony.
Not for the squeamish photos of this being done to an Iraqi boy are here:
http://www.life.com/search/?q0=leith+fuad+mosa

Two small groups of Iraqis are not normally circumcised: Christians (Assyrians, Chaldeans, and Armenians) and Mandeans, a tiny religious group in southern Iraq. Here is the story of an Iraqi Christian immigrant to the USA who decided to get himself circumcised as an adult and fell into a depression after it destroyed his sex life:
http://www.ksnocirc.org/pamphlets/intactiraq.pdf

Saracen_restorer
July 5th, 2011, 20:17
Actually I hear it's been fairly uncommon in the UK, ever since their public health insurance refused to pay for circumcision decades ago.

Perhaps he was referring to the notable minorities that practice circ privately within the UK (Jews, Muslims, those of tribal African descent etc)

sambacy
October 29th, 2013, 08:29

I am from Iraq, Male Genital Mutilation(MGM) is epidemic, even some non Muslims were forcibly circumcised by Al-Qaeda org., hundreds of adult Christians and Mandaens were forcibly circumcised, religious movements hold annually mass circumcision, something disgusting, many children undergo circumcision trauma that would change their life forever, circumcised male is lusty because removing foreskin expose sensitive penis head to continuous stimulation via friction, brain focus on sex all the time and the result is typical Muslims, Jews and circumcised Americans, ironically circumcised male can never have NORMAL sex because he lost already 20000 nerve receptors and that result in frustration, sex for circumcised male is like sea water, if you drink more then you would become more thirsty, inevitably circumcised male burst in violence like terrorist Muslim, evil Jew and Waco American.
See this video to understand circumcision demonic origin
ON yOUtUBE WEBSITE SEARCH FOR THIS TITLE:
"Circumcision mystery of Babylon, genital mutilation sacrifice for female demon"

Also see video in Dailymotion website titles "Babylon Whore and Circumcision"

CIRCUMCISION IS NEITHER HEALTHY NOR HOLY