PDA

View Full Version : Who's coming?

Quest4manhood
July 14th, 2009, 11:50
I'm thinking a Saturday night for the US members. I'm in the Detroit, MI time zone.

napletek
July 14th, 2009, 14:50
Hi guys,

Count me into the chat.

I am not sure who else is going to participate in this but if there is anyone in Europe (like me) then the US time would have to be before midday in order for us still to be awake when the chat takes place - since our clocks are all between 5-9 hours ahead of US time zones....

go to the world clock meeting planner and type the various cities we're in to see what the best times would be:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

(The best times are marked in green)

Speak soon,

James

Any other suggestions?

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 14th, 2009, 16:20
Definitely count me in too, obviously. This coming Saturday, the 18th? Sounds good to me. I'll be there. You all just let me know what time and I will be there. I am very anxious to get this off the ground. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. Gabe, I'm in the same time zone as you, EST.

Josh

z726
July 14th, 2009, 18:44
Ok, you guys have got me curious: who's coming to what? {mod: and where?}

newforeskin
July 15th, 2009, 16:13
Hi guys,
count me in ,the chat too.
I would prefer ,as my time is 6 HOURS AHEAD,
to start the chat saturday or sunday any time,only before 6 pm Detroit time.

Keep me informed.

Newforeskin

Quest4manhood
July 16th, 2009, 09:26
Ok, you guys have got me curious: who's coming to what? {mod: and where?}

To a chat at a javachat website where personal rooms can be setup and accessed by other users. We will be discussing strategies to bring about true foreskin regeneration using Acell's technology.

Anyone have any problems with Saturday the 18th at 10 AM EST, then? I believe that would get everyone at either late morning or not too far into the evening, right?

Once we have a time set, I'll pm everyone with the website URL again along with the room and access info.

SamJS
July 16th, 2009, 11:26
I would love to be involved with this. Saturday sounds good to me. I go off to the jungle on monday for a month and I'd like to get in on this before I leave.

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 17th, 2009, 09:40
Anyone have any problems with Saturday the 18th at 10 AM EST, then? I believe that would get everyone at either late morning or not too far into the evening, right?

Once we have a time set, I'll pm everyone with the website URL again along with the room and access info.

I'll be there! :D Please let me know the URL and room and access info as soon as possible! I know I've said it before but I'm saying it again—I'm very excited and thrilled to get this off the ground. I really think we'll all be able to get some productive things accomplished at this first chat meeting. :)

Josh

newforeskin
July 17th, 2009, 13:06
Saturday the 18th at 10 AM EST ,

to me is fine, i will be there.

AlbertaGuy
July 18th, 2009, 00:38
I'd definitely come and chat, but I'll be watching an early copy of Watchmen on Blu Ray saturday night and seeing much blue penis.

I'll make the next one. :D

where do you guys meet?

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 00:58
Since I am not doing a 6 day work week for once, I'll join in too.

Do we have an URL for this yet? :confused:

napletek
July 18th, 2009, 04:30
Hi guys, I am travelling in Belgium but will see whether I can be there for 10 EST. if so I would be delighted to chat with you!

If not, I would have the following to say:

1) What are our objectives? Are we interested in proceeding only if a fully functioning, natural foreskin can be regenerated? Or are we prepared to go ahead if the best that's possible is an "imitation" foreskin - i.e. extra mucosal skin, hopefully a frenulum and a foreskin that closes of its own accord - but perhaps with less functional nerve tissue than an intact guy?

2) Which urologists are best to approach (one in reconstructive urology)? Perhaps we should be getting a list together of potential candidates (with the help of Doctors Opposing Circumcision possibly). Who are the regenerative surgeons we are interested in contacting?

3) What sort of project are we going for here? There seem to be two broad types of regeneration - regeneration of skin in a lab which is then "transplanted" onto the patient; and the regrowth in vivo directly on the patient.

4) Have we got anyone who is actually willing to put themselves forward as a candidate for regeneration when the moment comes? The first person will clearly be taking a certain risk. (The ideal candidate to present ACell with at first is someone who suffers from a genuine penile injury since that is a condition that won't generate controversy in the way the circ debate does in the US.)

5) Research - this sort of work will involve a lot of research on the part of ACell or a research team (a number of years I would say, I'm afraid). This is complicated work and no one has done it before. How is this going to happen? Where will the funding for it come from?

6) Innervation. I think we still need to find out the position as far as skin regeneration and feeling is concerned. We are proceeding, I imagine, on the assumption that this is only worth it if you can get innervation of the regenerated skin (i.e. normal nervous tissue function). Or are there some who don't mind so long as they have extra skin in the end?

I may be online if I find an internet cafe but otherwise I look forward to hearing what you guys discuss! All the best,

James

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 18th, 2009, 06:58
Alright, good questions, we can discuss the answers during the chat if James isn't present. The time is fast approaching, do we have a URL yet?

newforeskin
July 18th, 2009, 07:38
Alright, good questions, we can discuss the answers during the chat if James isn't present. The time is fast approaching, do we have a URL yet?

Tell me if i am right,
is our appointment in 90 minutes?
Has anyone of you known from Gabe an URL?

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 09:00
One minute to go, and still don't know where....

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 18th, 2009, 09:01
One minute to go, and still don't know where....

Yeah exactly. The time we're supposed to meet is supposed to be now, and, uhh, yeah, we don't have a place to meet. Someone dropped the ball here. :(

admin
July 18th, 2009, 09:11
we don't have a place to meet. The reason I moved this from Calls to Action over to Spam is there was no URL after like a dozen notes.

Cheers,
-Ron

newforeskin
July 18th, 2009, 09:17
Yeah exactly. The time we're supposed to meet is supposed to be now, and, uhh, yeah, we don't have a place to meet. Someone dropped the ball here. :(

Ok,this is the situation!!We are here to our appointment ! We do not know anything about Gabe , i am sure he will show up and tell us why he is not here.
Is someone of you familiar with chat?
Can someone of you find another one for the next appointment ?

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 18th, 2009, 09:23
Ok,this is the situation!!We are he re to our appointment!We do not know anything about Gabe , i am sure he will show up and tell us why he is not here.
Is someone of you expert about chat?
Can you find another chat ?

Well, I suppose if we just want to meet in any random chat room, I could go find one that would be good for us. Are we interested in that? I'm not sure if most places would want us discussing this subject just randomly in front of a bunch of people, but, we may not have much choice I guess. Anyway, if you want me to just go find any random chat I could step up and go do that, I would suggest we all sign on with our same names from here so we know who eachother is. Let me know if you want me to.

Josh

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 09:25
We can meet on IRC.

You can get an IRC client here http://www.mirc.com/ for Microsoft Windows

We can meet on the Undernet network in the "acell" chat room.

newforeskin
July 18th, 2009, 09:26
We can meet on IRC.

When?
I have a mac, is this a problem?

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 18th, 2009, 09:33
We can meet on IRC.

Alright. I downloaded it. I'll be there shortly. Hope to see the rest of you there, then?

SamJS
July 18th, 2009, 09:33
How Do I join in?

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 09:36
When?
I have a mac, is this a problem?

Not at all!

Here is a client for os X and above.

http://colloquy.info/

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 18th, 2009, 09:39
Ok I don't know how to find or get to Acell under this. I have never used this program before, it seems fairly archaic and non-user friendly.

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 09:42
How Do I join in?

once you log into the Undernet server you can type "/join acell"

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 09:42
Ok I don't know how to find or get to Acell under this. I have never used this program before, it seems fairly archaic and non-user friendly.

Welcome to the old school my friend ;-)

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 18th, 2009, 09:46
once you log into the Undernet server you can type "/join acell"

I don't know how to do that.

Where is Undernet, I don't know. Can you please be a little more detailed with your instructions saevio, remembering that it may be obvious to you how to use this program but to me it is not.

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 09:50
I don't know how to do that.

Where is Undernet, I don't know. Can you please be a little more detailed with your instructions saevio, remembering that it may be obvious to you how to use this program but to me it is not.

There is a very quick "how-to" here http://www.ircbeginner.com/ircinfo/mirc.html

Should get you going real quick

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 18th, 2009, 09:57
Alright, well, I got it figured out, I'm there now.

newforeskin
July 18th, 2009, 09:59
I can't go in ,
please, Saevio,can you help me?

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 10:02
I can't go in

Can you be more specific on the error?

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 18th, 2009, 10:14
Hi Lorenzo. When you first open the program, hit the button "Continue". Then fill in all your info like name, email address, nickname (use 'newforeskin' so we know it's you), then, over in the left corner of that screen you'll see a bar that says "Categories". Under that go to "Servers". Click on it. It brings up a long list. You scroll almost to the bottom of it (it's in alphabetical order) until you find the one called "Undernet". Click that one then click "Select" over to the right side of that screen. Now click "Connect" back at that next screen that comes up. When the next little box pops up that says "Enter a channel name and click join", type in "#acell". You should be in the chat. Let me know if that works for you, or if you have any problems buddy.

Josh

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 10:42
OK, I've got an easy to use browser based IRC client url for every one!!!

http://www.web-irc.org/

Nickname "your nickname"
Server "losangeles.ca.us.undernet.org"
Port "6667"
Channel #acell
Password leave blank

newforeskin
July 18th, 2009, 10:42
I am in COLLOQUY,but it is completely doifferent,
they ask me to fill in a server, which server havi to use?US.UNDERNET.ORG ?

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 12:46
The first chat started an hour and a half late. With a bumpy ride trying to get people in, but it ended well several hours later!

Several people have accepted tasks, that should give this new venture into the arena of bio-engineering a good start. :cool:

There will be another session held next week. If you are interested in participating or just seeing where we are going with this please join in on the chat next week.

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 18th, 2009, 14:24
Yes indeed. Don't know what happened with Gabe but thanks to your quick thinking we did get off the ground and we were able to have a very productive first meeting! I'm very pleased with how it went. Good meeting all around, good work from everyone. So, does everyone know what they're doing then, everyone understand the plan and what tasks are 'assigned' to them? Scott, you will be working on starting to make the website. Lorenzo, you will remain in touch with our surgical contact and we'll be waiting for a response back from him, by way of notification from you. Sam, if you're reading this, you'll be looking into starting the nonprofit and setting up the organization with ties at your school, getting professors involved and in your state. I'll be coordinating everyone's activities. The plan sounds solid, I believe we can do this team! :D

SamJS
July 18th, 2009, 18:18
Yea, everything sounds great! Sorry I ran off randomly, a friend showed up at my house unexpectedly and I didn't want to keep him waiting. I'm heading off to Hawaii until the end of August, so I'll really be able to get things rolling once I start school again in September. Then I'll be looking to create a group of supportive professors, as well as creating the non-profit officially.

saevio
July 18th, 2009, 19:10
I have started a project site. This is not intended to be our final site! But rather a place to put the project together. Those of you willing to contribute should get a gmail account and PM (Private Message) me through this board, and I will give you the ability to edit the site.

For now go here (http://sites.google.com/site/invivoorg/home) to see all that needs to be done.

newforeskin
July 19th, 2009, 03:58
Hi guys, I am travelling in Belgium but will see whether I can be there for 10 EST. if so I would be delighted to chat with you!

If not, I would have the following to say:

1) What are our objectives? Are we interested in proceeding only if a fully functioning, natural foreskin can be regenerated? Or are we prepared to go ahead if the best that's possible is an "imitation" foreskin - i.e. extra mucosal skin, hopefully a frenulum and a foreskin that closes of its own accord - but perhaps with less functional nerve tissue than an intact guy?

2) Which urologists are best to approach (one in reconstructive urology)? Perhaps we should be getting a list together of potential candidates (with the help of Doctors Opposing Circumcision possibly). Who are the regenerative surgeons we are interested in contacting?

3) What sort of project are we going for here? There seem to be two broad types of regeneration - regeneration of skin in a lab which is then "transplanted" onto the patient; and the regrowth in vivo directly on the patient.

4) Have we got anyone who is actually willing to put themselves forward as a candidate for regeneration when the moment comes? The first person will clearly be taking a certain risk. (The ideal candidate to present ACell with at first is someone who suffers from a genuine penile injury since that is a condition that won't generate controversy in the way the circ debate does in the US.)

5) Research - this sort of work will involve a lot of research on the part of ACell or a research team (a number of years I would say, I'm afraid). This is complicated work and no one has done it before. How is this going to happen? Where will the funding for it come from?

6) Innervation. I think we still need to find out the position as far as skin regeneration and feeling is concerned. We are proceeding, I imagine, on the assumption that this is only worth it if you can get innervation of the regenerated skin (i.e. normal nervous tissue function). Or are there some who don't mind so long as they have extra skin in the end?

I may be online if I find an internet cafe but otherwise I look forward to hearing what you guys discuss! All the best,

James
1)I am interested in proceeding only if a fully functioning, natural foreskin can be regenerated
2) i have found a plastic surgeon who is interested in this application and of course i have put him in contact with Acell
3)It can take some years of research but,For what i have understood, the foreskin will be regenerated IN VIVO
4)The first candidates will be the animals
5) We are thinking to create a website, promote our goals and raise the funds for Acell
6) Acell claimed that regrow innervation in the new foreskin is possible

saevio
July 19th, 2009, 23:26
1)I am interested in proceeding only if a fully functioning, natural foreskin can be regenerated
5) We are thinking to create a website, promote our goals and raise the funds for Acell
6) Acell claimed that regrow innervation in the new foreskin is possible

1. We will only ever know if we can regen a natural foreskin if we proceed *first*. No counting chickens, before the hen's start to lay now! ;-)
In all truth I too of course want the real thing, but that could be very far off. The ability to create a faux skin tube may very well be here right *now*.
Skin expansion though valid can take in interminable length of time for some, myself included. I've been doing it for way too long, and have seen very little
in results. If I can get the same results in 2 weeks as I can in 40 years of tugging, I'm all for it

5. Limiting ourselves only to Acell I believe would be a mistake. It would be correct though to say Acell is our initial focus.

6. From the few... very few press releases Acell has had, it looks to me as if their product stimulates the growth of new *normal* skin. Which is kinda the key, scar tissue tends to block the growth of nerves... OF COURSE, no one but Acell knows how many cases they have had in which their product didn't work.... AND their formula may need tweaking to stimulate the growth of all the specialized parts. Which brings us all back to why *WE* to fund the research into the application of this stuff. You know damn well no one else will.:mad:

Not Convinced
July 20th, 2009, 01:49
I'm just wondering if all this stretching and tugging really does work. What I'm trying to say is it really possible to stretch something back which has been taken away?

One day they might invent a cream that you can rub on and it will magically restore the foreskin. I hope they do:D

napletek
July 20th, 2009, 06:30
Guys I'm so pleased that you managed to have a meeting on the weekend!! I was unable to get online in the Belgian countryside so my apologies. I'm back in London now.

As the meeting was held online, was there a transcript kept of the meeting? I would very much like to read it.

Saevio the website is a great idea! I will PM you so that I can be added (if you would be willing to add me of course).

Excellent ideas. I am still quite concerned about the funding issue as I don't think anything's going to go anywhere without that. Was that discussed in any detail?

Meanwhile, some light relief from Brussels, where I was last week. The official symbol of the city is a child peeing (called the "Manneken Pis"). The legend says that in this way the little child saved the city from a fire. and happily - for him - he was intact! Here's the photo of the famous statue.

Quest4manhood
July 20th, 2009, 07:44
Well, I'm glad to see you were all able to meet! I'm terribly sorry I missed it. Friday evening my wife got an urgent call from her mother, and I was obligated into a 3.5 hour drive to southern Michigan (aka - BFE) to stay, without internet, with my wife and her ailing(rolling eyes) mother. I arrived home late last night.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could copy me on whatever was discussed.

Saevio, I'd like to help with the site, doing graphics if nothing else.

INeedAForeskinTransplant
July 20th, 2009, 12:17
Gabe, it's ok, we understand, we figured you had some kind of emergency. It was touch-and-go there for a bit, but I handled it in your absence! ;) James, it's a shame you weren't there but it sounds like you had a much nicer time in the Belgian countryside anyway, so, I'd say that was a pretty fair trade-in. Can't wait to see that little statue, sounds funny. :) There was no transcript kept as far as I know, if there was in any sort of way, Scott would have it, he's sort of become our team's default techie! But Gabe it woulds definitely be great to have you make graphics for the site and James, those ideas you mentioned earlier about setting up some links for the organization in the UK and possibly starting on a scholarship would be a great idea! We now have people involved at both American and English universities, so we're on our way. Great work everybody.

saevio
July 20th, 2009, 21:58
Guys I'm so pleased that you managed to have a meeting on the weekend!! I was unable to get online in the Belgian countryside so my apologies. I'm back in London now.

As the meeting was held online, was there a transcript kept of the meeting? I would very much like to read it.

Saevio the website is a great idea! I will PM you so that I can be added (if you would be willing to add me of course).

Excellent ideas. I am still quite concerned about the funding issue as I don't think anything's going to go anywhere without that. Was that discussed in any detail?

Meanwhile, some light relief from Brussels, where I was last week. The official symbol of the city is a child peeing (called the "Manneken Pis"). The legend says that in this way the little child saved the city from a fire. and happily - for him - he was intact! Here's the photo of the famous statue.

I had got us all into an IRC channel for the meeting. :D

Male fortune. I was researching everything being discussed at the same time... amongst other things. Accidentally closed my client before logging... *will* get the next one AND post it to the site.

newforeskin
July 21st, 2009, 02:12
In all truth I too of course want the real thing, but that could be very far off. The ability to create a faux skin tube may very well be here right *now*.

5. Limiting ourselves only to Acell I believe would be a mistake. It would be correct though to say Acell is our initial focus.

:

I do not understand , what does FAUX mean?

5.I think that Acell is just our initial focus too.
I think that we have to create the website,create the non-profit organization and write a letter to all the other regenerative medicine companies too,we never know......maybe we find other companies that have other technologies that can help faster

saevio
July 24th, 2009, 19:46
I do not understand , what does FAUX mean?

5.I think that Acell is just our initial focus too.
I think that we have to create the website,create the non-profit organization and write a letter to all the other regenerative medicine companies too,we never know......maybe we find other companies that have other technologies that can help faster

faux = imitazione

saevio
July 30th, 2009, 21:21
I'm not working Saturday, so at 7am Pacific time I'll log into the IRC chat room, and start doing more work on the site. If anyone wants to help, or even have an impromptu meeting there will be someone there.

You can find a web based IRC client on the website here http://sites.google.com/site/invivoorg/

INeedAForeskinTransplant
August 1st, 2009, 02:52
I'll be there, Scott. Or try to be, anyway. I would like to discuss what direction we'll be taking things in next and hopefully find out from Lorenzo if he's made any progress or gotten back any new news from any of his contacts. We can't really do much without that.

newforeskin
August 2nd, 2009, 08:29
I am sorry to have missed the chat appointmet , i am too busy with my work untill next tuesday,
would you tell me in general if you have talked about some specific points?

INeedAForeskinTransplant
August 6th, 2009, 01:20
I do not think it worked, either I wasn't able to get on or you were not there. Shall we all, or as many of us are able to, try to make it a point to meet this Saturday to discuss the new developments since last meeting? What time would be good for everyone? Later is better for me, as I tend to sleep in, but, you let me know what is good for all of you.

newforeskin
August 6th, 2009, 16:17
What about 1 pm ,Detroit time?

zahnmann
August 6th, 2009, 20:39
IRC has been around for Mac since before there was any windows.

look here:
http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/mac/
-zahn
stopthecut.org

saevio
August 6th, 2009, 23:22
I'm sure the chat client worked! I just missed the appointment myself. Sorry if you went looking and didn't find me.

I'm up for another go this Saturday though if you all want. I should make it, but fair warning I might be working that day. Some one else will need to log the chat if that happens..

newforeskin
August 7th, 2009, 01:26
I will be at the chat.
Saturday at 1 pm , Detroit time,
please, tell me who else of you will be there.

INeedAForeskinTransplant
August 7th, 2009, 02:10
I will be there in all great likelihood. Saturday, 1 PM, Detroit time, to discuss all new developments since our last chat.

INeedAForeskinTransplant
August 7th, 2009, 21:15
You guys are cool beyond belief. A group chat on Saturday night? Everybody sits alone at the screen and types. Sounds like the thing to do on Saturday night. Talk about missing foreskins...how bout missing lives?

Man, fuck you. Seriously, go behind those bushes over there, drop your drawers, and fornicate yourself with a sharply pointed stick. Seriously, you are a troll. What the fuck's your deal, douchebag? Who the fuck are you to comment? You think we're the sad ones? I am getting all kinds of things done. Making progress across all kinds of fields of human endeavor that have never even been done before. What have you done that's so great with your life? Troll around message boards? Lift weights? Go out drinkin' wich' ya boys? Watch 'Ice Road Truckers' and wear sleeveless shirts? No really, I'm impressed. The history books will surely record your presence on this planet.

newforeskin
August 8th, 2009, 12:02
it is 1 pm now. is somebody there?

INeedAForeskinTransplant
August 9th, 2009, 01:29
Did anyone make it to the chat appointment this afternoon? :(

newforeskin
August 16th, 2009, 03:45
we will hava a meeting next saturday august 22, you tell me the time

AlbertaGuy
August 17th, 2009, 00:47
we will hava a meeting next saturday august 22, you tell me the time

damn, I'm not available again on Saturday.

are we still doing the chat on MIRC? not everyone knows how to use that. Java chats are more the current thing....

I just created a chat room at http://www.wireclub.com

It too a few seconds to create an account and I named the room "Circ Chat"

I assume the room will disappear when I log out, but maybe we can meet up and talk there some time?

try logging in and seeing if you can come into the room.

If anyone knows of an empty Java chat room where you can log in as a guest, that would be ideal. but this Wireclub chat looks pretty good and simple so far. I am AlbertaGuy1 on there

hey i just tried that http://sites.google.com/site/invivoorg/ googlemirc chat and that's pretty ok. you can log in as a guest and not have to create an account

INeedAForeskinTransplant
August 17th, 2009, 01:12
damn, I'm not available again on Saturday.

are we still doing the chat on MIRC? not everyone knows how to use that. Java chats are more the current thing....

I just created a chat room at http://www.wireclub.com

It too a few seconds to create an account and I named the room "Circ Chat"

I assume the room will disappear when I log out, but maybe we can meet up and talk there some time?

try logging in and seeing if you can come into the room.

If anyone knows of an empty Java chat room where you can log in as a guest, that would be ideal. but this Wireclub chat looks pretty good and simple so far. I am AlbertaGuy1 on there

I like this idea.

Edit: Also, nothing has been done with the site yet. ( http://sites.google.com/site/invivoorg/ ) It should at least say something about foreskin tissue regeneration so we can refer people to it and they will know what it is and at the very least it is a nominal billboard for our budding organization. Right now it just looks like some weird, vaguely creepy empty shell website that looks like it could be a front for some kind of clandestine quasi-governmental agency or data smuggling ring and could spark off conspiracy theories if someone ran across it in this state! :eek:

AlbertaGuy
August 17th, 2009, 01:31
come in. I am still there for now. the chat room is in the Member Created area

saevio
August 22nd, 2009, 01:58
I like this idea.

Edit: Also, nothing has been done with the site yet. ( http://sites.google.com/site/invivoorg/ ) It should at least say something about foreskin tissue regeneration so we can refer people to it and they will know what it is and at the very least it is a nominal billboard for our budding organization. Right now it just looks like some weird, vaguely creepy empty shell website that looks like it could be a front for some kind of clandestine quasi-governmental agency or data smuggling ring and could spark off conspiracy theories if someone ran across it in this state! :eek:

This site should never be used to refer someone to, it is just a sandbox, a development/work area. The real site will come later when there will be a real 501(c)(3) behind it.

INeedAForeskinTransplant
August 26th, 2009, 17:45
This site should never be used to refer someone to, it is just a sandbox, a development/work area. The real site will come later when there will be a real 501(c)(3) behind it.

Kay. Gotchya.

AlbertaGuy
August 30th, 2009, 01:09
If anyone is online and wants to chat, I am back in the wireclub.com chat in a room that I created called Circ Chat.

It is in the members created tab.