PDA

View Full Version : Waxing/Grooming tips needed ! ! !

Z-bop
October 2nd, 2009, 03:42
Hey guys, as I progress in my restoration, all this attention to my penis has got me thinking... I need to groom better. I normally keep the hair trimmed, don't like the 70's bush look:p. And occasionally shave the balls, don't like doing it often (Lazy), and my wife does not enjoy it when it gets stubble (abrasions). But she loves the "shorn scrotum" feeling. And I like the idea of giving her more reasons to frolic in my "bathing suit" region ! ! !

So now the question to you all. I'm thinking about waxing. Grooming tips, warnings, suggestions, etc... all will be appreciated. What do you think is the best way to go about it? Methods, strategies, should I do it myself or have my wife do it while I brace for the follicular assault? Couple shots of whiskey to prepare, or man up and do it sober?

And yes, I will film it so my wife and I can have a good laugh many times in the future.:D I guess it will be my "Jackass" moment.

Thanks in advance:D

Lonewolf
October 2nd, 2009, 08:48
I would say if your going to wax... get very drunk lol. For me I just use a razor and shave my nut sack and use a trimmer for the bush. i have always liked the trimmed look and feel. Men need to take better care of this area! guys people would be more willing to preform oral sex on you if they know they wont get a mouthful of pubic hair!

restore4sure
October 2nd, 2009, 18:14
Shockingly, I don't mind waxing that much, it's not as bad as people say it is: so long as you go into knowing that they are going to be ripping hair out of it's shaft...

If you are looking for simple, go for the Norelco Body Groom. I like it, it works really well for shaping and trimming. If you look, and shop, you can get them fairly cheap. I caught mine on sale at CVS, had extra care bucks, and a coupon from Norelco, so it was <$20...

I think it's important to trim up and keep yourself looking sharp. Waxing gives you a nice smooth look, everything else enables a more clean-trimmed look. I prefer a little bush, but will gladly wax the rest (chest, stomach, etc....).

cobra
October 2nd, 2009, 18:37
Be cautious when grooming your private area. Whenever your break the skin, you can get all kinds of bacteria and viruses in there. Little razor cuts and burns can lead to all kinds of problems. I know this from experience, sadly, after getting a horrific case of cellulitis in my shaft and foreskin trying to pretty up down there for the little lady. Woke up in pain, went in the bathroom and looked in the mirror and it was swollen up triple and bright red. Went to the doctor and he said, "Is it normally that big?" LOL. After a round of antibiotics and diflucan (for the resulting yeast infections I get from antibiotics) I decided the 70's look was sexy after all! :)

Bigmike
October 2nd, 2009, 20:40
I have had no problem with using a razor but it did take a bit for my skin to adjust to it and of course extreme care is exercised when using it. The strange thing is that I've used a small trimmer to touch up areas and have gotten more irritation from that then the razor. Oh and I never use the cheapie single blade razors I've heard those will cut you alot easier. Mine have three blades. I'd be interested in the waxing but with the horror stories of pain I've heard I've never been able to bring myself to try it.

1Taoist
October 19th, 2009, 23:05
I would like to know more about this cuz shaving just doesn't work. The pricklies just kill my wife. I'd like my shaft to be more smooth, but I can't have the prickle prob. What's the best, and easiest way to keep the shaft smooth?

And I don't wanna go to anyone to wax my dick. Just not my style. What about those wipe-away pad-things advertised on tv? Or does a home wax work? I waxed the back of my neck once and that shit hurt and caused my skin to rebel like the minute men.

Any more ideas? Thanks.

Bigmike
October 20th, 2009, 00:24
Are the "prickles" from the bumps that you get after shaving or are they from the hairs growing back in? If it is from the bumps there is special lotions for "Bikini area" that help to minimize them. They are kept by the waxing supplies in most stores. If it is from the hairs then you might need to shave a bit more regularly. Aside from that its either waxing or laser removal. Only suggestions.

Z-bop
October 20th, 2009, 07:34
If it is from the bumps there is special lotions for "Bikini area" that help to minimize them.

"It puts the lotion on it's back or it get's the hose again ! ! !":p

Here is my experience and information I gathered for this "Self-inflicted Procedure"... enjoy ! ! !

Well it's done, I used a sugar based wax (get at a beauty supply shop) that can be used cold or hot. Real easy to clean up. Had my wife apply it, apply in the direction of the hair growth. Then I put the cloth strips down, again rub the cloth in the direction of the hair. Grabbed the skin that is on the "down-side" of the hair, and pulled it taunt (the hair you're removing points to where you grab). Went to my happy place, then yanked the cloth in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Make sure to pull parallel to the skin, not up and away. Speed is your friend. Watched a couple of vids of people getting waxed. One thing I picked up was - do smaller strips of hair in the groin area (not big patches as done on other parts of the body). Before the waxing, I plucked the hairs down the shaft as far as I could tolerate.

With the waxing, I started on the balls and worked my way up. I left the final "grand finale" (hair around the base of the penis and going onto the penis, for last. Because after doing that area.... you'll need a break. Gripping became harder due to the minor amounts of blood coming from the pores of the already waxed areas... and I may have been sweating from the stress of my First waxing experience;). The worst pain was around the shaft, I'd say an 8 out of 10 pain. But it's quick and done. And everyone that gets waxed says the pain decreases every consecutive time. Everything else did not hurt nearly as much. But pain is subjective.... and that being said.... quit being a pussy about it, do it already ! ! ! LOL

Talk to anyone who's been waxed to confirm the short after-effects. Waves of tingles/pain for the next hour or so. Tender to the touch in a couple of areas for the next day or two. But that's about it... you are now the proud owner of something that looks like cold store bought chicken skin ! ! It will look better in a day or two. Keep it clean until the traumatized follicles heal, to decrease chances of infection... air is good, no tighty-whities for a couple of days.

What about those wipe-away pad-things advertised on tv?
If you are referring to the liquid you apply then wipe off (it dissolves the hair), I'd personally say "keep away from that crap ! ! !" You don't want a harsh chemical rubbed on you cock and balls. Of course that was said from someone who just yanked the hairs off his crotch and was laughing the whole time... and sober.

Waxing results were/are great. My sweetie gives that area much more attention now ! ! ! She loves it. She loved it so much, she got inspired to have me wax her. Now both of our genitals are silky smooth.:cool:

1Taoist
October 20th, 2009, 14:27
Thanks. How long does it last, and how often do you have to re-do? Does the hair get less and less each time you do it? I ask cuz my wife had hers waxed and it didn't really grow back in a spot.

Bigmike
October 21st, 2009, 10:16
Thanks. How long does it last, and how often do you have to re-do? Does the hair get less and less each time you do it? I ask cuz my wife had hers waxed and it didn't really grow back in a spot.

I thought I saw some kind of cream or something that you put on after waxing that helped to keep the hair from coming back in as fast. To my knowledge waxing won't stop the hair entirely unless you manage to kill the folicles somehow. It does take awhile for it to grow back though.

Z-bop
October 21st, 2009, 12:20

From talking to people at the hair laser removal place a while ago; their answer to that question is YES & NO.

Keep in mind my education on the follicle is generic and the basics. I present this to you all based on what others have told me from a place that "specialized" in hair removal. They may or may not be accurate with their information.

First, understand the cycles of growth:
From what they told me, hair growth on the body is in roughly three different cycles. So you take all the hair on your body and divide it into three groups. Each group will be in one of the three cycles of growth (growing, maintaining, Stasis and/or expulsion to prepare for the next cycle). So what this means: in one region, hairs will be in one of the groups and each group will be in different cycles. This explains why we constantly have hair, otherwise when we shed our old hair... we'd be bald until the next time of growth. Notice all that hair on your brush? Different areas on your body will have different cycles based on specialization. ie: areas of abrasion will have quicker cycles to keep hair present. They could not answer why some follicles decrease production when plucked, and why others are on "steroids" and will pump our hair regardless of what you do to it... except for the laser treatments. Even the amount of laser treatments will vary from person to person to stop hair production completely.

My opinion: Constant trauma can weaken the follicle, making it take more time to heal...then start production again. So each follicle is an individual unit, so each will react differently. Apparently, science has not spent that much time on it yet to have a better idea. But as for time in-between plucking/waxing, is going to be individualy based... like most things when dealing with the body. Only way to find out... is to do it and see what happens ! ! ! Every person I've asked who's been doing waxing has said: Gets less painful over time & Time in-between waxing slowly grows bigger... to a point.

What i've encountered thus far: did my first waxing not to long ago, but I now have a little hair growing back. It's thick and blunt (not fine like new hair growth), so it's old hair growing that I shaved off well before the waxing. Once that stops, and only fine hairs are present; I will have a better idea of how long in-between waxing is... at least for my body.;) And i'll make sure to post the results.

Hope this helps.

1Taoist
October 21st, 2009, 16:42
So I plucked the whole shaft and it was easy as shit. Where was all the pain, kids? Nose hairs hurt a lot more.

Feels smooth. How long you think til they come back?

admin
October 21st, 2009, 19:30
So I plucked the whole shaft and it was easy as shit. Where was all the pain, kids? Nose hairs hurt a lot more.

Feels smooth. How long you think til they come back?

They don't all come back at the same time. But you'll notice whiskers within a few days, just like you would anywhere else on your body. The first whiskers you see may be eminating from follicles that lost their hair previous to this latest plucking or by other means.

To be a plucker you really need to spend a little time at it nearly every day.

Americut
October 21st, 2009, 20:55
I plucked the shaft for the first time ever, today. I found it to be pretty tolerable. Unfortunately, these new tweezers I bought, arn't so great. At least half of the time, the hair slips right through. About 1/3 of the hairs broke off. Although, some of them practically fell out, which was delightful. But others put up a fight. Not terribly painful, IMO. I will continue to do it. Earlier tonight I attempted a modification to improve the grip. I dipped the tips in silicon caulking. Tomorrow, I'm going to cut flat slit between them which will hopefully form a reliable gripping surface. I dont see why it wouldn't work, but if it doesn't then I'll try another substance for hair gripping.

Z-bop
February 5th, 2010, 15:27
Hey guys, update time for those wondering about the time in-between waxing.

Things to note: I only have to use my electric razor on my face every other day. Barely any chest hair. So my times will more likely be longer than the average sasquatch.

Here's my experience:

For the first few months, it was every two weeks. Now It's a little over every 3 weeks. It comes in light, it does not feel like a bristle brush on my sweetheart's face. So with the finer hairs, it will not cause the usual "shaved re-growth" burn on your partner's face and/or other parts of their body. Very happy I do it. Little bit of pain, and don't have to shave all the time.

Even started doing my wife's armpits. As it grows in, it is barely noticeable. They may have a concern about while waiting for it to be long enough... that it will be noticeable. Not the case, you really have to be looking to see the hair.

That's my 2 cents. Hope this answers the time question. :D

rcbrnr928
February 10th, 2010, 15:46
could you post the name and cost of the wax you used?

Z-bop
February 10th, 2010, 20:30
could you post the name and cost of the wax you used?

No problem.

"Moujan" - cold & hot Wax (water soluble with plant extracts).

Got it in a mall, from one of those "beauty supply" stores. Water soluble is great, because afterward, you jump in the shower and get the extra off. Not like the solid wax that you have to pull off.

Also, I have been doing my hair line on the back of my neck. Keeps things tight looking for weeks, glad i've done it.