PDA

View Full Version : Cannabis, circ, and sex

1Taoist
October 24th, 2009, 20:58
As a side-issue regarding sexual function, and the regenerative type, I would like to explore a thread regarding people's thoughts on the medicinal use of cannabis, it's legalization as such, and the overall effect this supplement may have or produce in the assistance of better sex and restoration process.

What?

Well...

I personally have a little issue with a portion of my spine that is fusing, which can periodically cause great pain and discomfort. Both myself and my wife struggle with some degree of stress and...mental tension...which can and does inhibit some of our ability to enjoy our sex life together. Recently, thru am attorney friend of mine I was able to see a cannabis doctor here in CA and obtain legal medicinal cannabis in various forms which wipe out both my body pains as well as our mental ones. It really is a functional thing.

As I continue to restore successfully, some of this benefit is lost due to the outliers I've mentioned, and I'm testifying that use of this type of medicine really does help. Lately, I've suffered a bit of depression on some fronts due to my wonderful new skin system being wiped out by a.) back and torso spasm pain that is crippling; and b.) mental stress (pain) which obstructs the engagement and enjoyment of sex.

One thing I've noticed is that when my wife and I use it, we are both better able to enjoy each other sexually.

I've grown up thinking using pot was not the answer to anything. But I am beginning to change my mind. Having gone the legal route, and responsibly procure this substance, I have found this shift for myself at this point in life acceptable and enjoyable. Drinking, I gotta say, isn't as fun.

The social progress toward legal use of this natural product is fascinating, and encouraging, to me. Just as the reduction in RIC is. I'm not advocating everybody go out and get this stuff, and I realize people have been using it all along (albeit illegally), but i feel it's good to share and get the word out about some of the hangups and misconceptions about cannabis, and move toward a more acceptable place for it. Some may not agree. I do, however, discourage use of it for younger folks, as it may not assist them in forward growth and progress, but for 40+ folks well-ahead in life and saddled with various problems and pain it does, used responsibly, work. And better than prescription pharmaceuticals. IMHO.

What are people's thoughts on it? Experiences? Considerations? What are the downsides? Anybody had a counter-experience?

Since sex can be a mental challenge as well as physical, as revealed by our further understanding of the losses of circ, I'm considering that folks out there restoring their skin system that was taken may also suffer on other fronts, such as stress or conditioning, mental hangups, etc, which also play a role in the reduction and/or inhibition of good sex. In my experience, cannabis use effectively relieves issues that allow for the natural and physical enjoyment of sexual function. For instance, I get rid of my physical pain and my wife gets out of her head. These two things, in our case, equal better sex. I'm all for it.

I realize this is a political topic, as is circ, and I see a close parallel. People in pain can't enjoy sex. Intact or otherwise. I am simply offering this as discussion toward a more active and functional adult sex life, in congruence with efforts to restore the foreskin, an integral piece of the natural and pleasurable experience for both the man and woman in sex.

Look forward to everyone's thoughts. Fire away.

Unregistered
October 25th, 2009, 00:18
Sex high is incredibly enjoyable. All the senses are heightened, you melt into your partner, their skin feels so good, you get into incredible sync. It is just wonderful.

I tend to treat pot as a sacrament - I take it seriously, I use it to accomplish lots of things: see how my life is going, make decisions, listen to music, watch film, and if I'm lucky, fool around with someone.

By sacrament, I mean that I use it fairly infrequently, like once every 2 months or so (recently, much, much less). But that may be conservative. I think it is quite benign for your health and there is actually some evidence that it is neuroprotective (yep, you heard that right).

So, I say enjoy marijuana fully. It is about freedom of the mind, sensuality, sex, music, deep spirituality.

Incidentally, the same death cult spirit that cut our foreskin off at birth HATES marijuana. So smoke away and be alive.

Unregistered
December 2nd, 2009, 23:28
Man, you've got a tricky situation. Marijuana will give you temporary relief from the back pain and mental stress which is inhibiting your sex life, so it helps in the short term. The irony is that in the long term marijuana WILL WITHOUT DOUBT make these problems worse, less so in the case of back pain. So, if the problems get worse in the long term, what do you turn to - the short term fix.

Let me just stop for a second and say that I have had major problems because of marijuana and it has taken me many years many years to regain my health. But I'm good at researching things and getting things down to the essentials. I know a hell of alot about all of the problems you have stated here and also about marijuana in general. If you ask me more and want to know ways out of your pain I can put you in the right direction and more importantly back up everything I say with links to information from reputable sources. And I used to love the stuff, like the other poster ( hey man if you want spirituality just do spirituality - the hard way - drugs is any easy way to block the body's senses and open up spiritual experiences). YOU ARE IN GREAT DANGER OF DEVELOPING A DEPENDENCE UPON A LIFE RUINING DRUG - MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT.

I will bookmark this page in case I forget to check back - bad memory from all the pot you see. Hope this helps

admin
December 3rd, 2009, 09:53
smoke away and be alive.

Anybody eat pot on a regular basis? I have no more objection to pot use than I would to alcohol, but I'm not smoking anything ever.

1Taoist
December 3rd, 2009, 19:56
This is an interesting question you raise. I went into the dispensory and saw that they have a variety of edible means, however...I know from personal experience this road is fraught with overdose- there is absolutely NO regulation on the amount of shit that is in them. You're just rollin the dice. For instance...the breath-strips. Great idea, just melt on your tongue and you go your merry way.

Until you trip out harder than you ever thought you could on pot.

You gotta break them up into pieces, but that entails experimentation. Even with that, you still can't know. And for some f'in reason some chefs like to pack the shit with the most concentrated THC they can gin up. That's not cool, and according to my attorney..."It's a problem they have to fix". Yeah, you could say that.

Makes a case for smokin. No way to overdo that. Quisine is the surest way to get yourself so jacked you'll vote against cannabis legislation.

SamJS
December 3rd, 2009, 23:13
I've eaten marijuana fresh from the plant, not cooked so it has no "high" properties, no THC or anything. It kind of tasted like basil, but it really wasn't that great so I didn't put it in my salad again.

barney18
December 4th, 2009, 04:14
Eating food that has been cooked with the oil from marijuana (acquired through a tedious extraction process) gives a gradual, wonderful high that seems to last longer than if smoked - for me at least. It takes about half an hour after eating the stuff for it to start to kick in and even then it takes another half hour to reach it's peak.

I've only smoked it and had sex a couple of times but I never was able to reach climax. My partner and I ended up falling asleep before either of us came. That doesn't mean it wasn't fun though! :)

snakedance
February 11th, 2010, 18:51
Marijuana and sex mix well together, that is true. For me, sex while high is a very slow and sensual thing. I am never in a hurry and feelings seemed enhanced, including on my newly forming skin. With pot there is no ego in bed, only the pleasure and connection with your spouse/partner. It does seem to help block out all other things that may be bothering you at the time so you focus only on the feeling and intimacy of making love. If I am extremely stressed at work and in life, an occasional toke helps me filter through the BS and focus on what really matters in my personal and family life, including sex. That said, it is important not to overdo it. Do not rely on pot to enhance the experience every time or you may find that sober sex is not even worth it. As with everything in life, moderation is key.

Alcohol, on the other hand, deadens the senses and makes me take longer. I start to go faster and harder and sex becomes much less intimate. So I really hate drunk sex and if I know I am going to be having sex that night I limit my consumption to 1-2 drinks, if any.

Cooking with MJ is a crap-shoot as far as dosage. You can seriously take too much and really get scared. It is impossible to overdose and die, but things can become unpleasant for a few hours. When cooking with MJ, it is best to start with a small dose of the cooked goods (like ridiculously small) and work up slowly from there. Wait at least 2 hours between small doses. Smoking can be hazardous to your health, but keep in mind that with today's high THC content MJ, only a small amount is required for desired effects. I can easily make a couple of grams last a month at my smoking rate (1-2 times a week). I personally believe the risks associated with that small amount of smoking to be no more than living in a city and breathing exhaust fumes everyday.

1Taoist
February 11th, 2010, 20:04
Nicely outlined. Thanks.

cobra
February 11th, 2010, 22:51
I think it's kind of silly to worry about the health hazards of marijuana when we are constantly bombarded with far worse toxins on a daily basis. Shampoo contains carcinogens. The chemicals in all our plastic products leach bisphenol-a into the water we drink and the food we eat. Bisphenol-a is processed into an estrogen-like chemical in our bodies, which plays havoc with our male hormone levels and also is known to cause diabetes and a whole host of other problems. Like snakedance said, car exhaust fumes are much worse than people think... I've read it's even worse than smoking cigarettes! Hell, we live out our lives within giant electromagnetic coils that constantly generate E.M. fields (the electric wiring in our houses, public buildings, jobs). Our drinking water is contaminated. Our public waters are polluted with the excreted remains of the prescription drugs we take, which passed through unmetabolized. Antibiotic wipes, cleansers and sprays are wrecking our immune systems and breeding super drug resistant bugs.

And you're worried about smoking a little MJ?

That's sweet... child of the 80's... Say No To Drugs campaigns... :)

The only reason MJ is illegal is because it is impossible to tax... and our country is full of religious assholes who think anything that feels good is sinful.

I know what it is like dealing with stress and pain. Man, I have been going through my own shit for months and months. I don't think I have ever completed rebounded from my nut surgery when I had that mass removed, I work 60 hours a week minimum... I have seriously considered getting some myself. I don't like the feeling I get from drinking alcohol. I always want to fight someone.

Sorry, you just sounded like you have some residual guilt about using it, but if it helps, Tao, smoke it. My only concern would be a legal one-- but you have that wrapped up.

MJ and hemp could be such a boon to our country, medically and economically. I won't go into all the history and whatnot. If you're interested in why it is really illegal (it has more to do with the timber industry and certain political figures in the past who didn't want to compete with hemp growers) you can google to your heart's desire.

My moral and spiritual ethics find little wrong with its use aside from the possible legal ramifications. If you cannot obtain it legally, it is pretty stupid to use it as you can really suffer some severe consequences in our repressed culture... otherwise, ehh.

ih8vtec13
February 11th, 2010, 22:53
Finally a topic i can relate to on here!!!! :)

I am not going to sugar coat it, or play it down, I am a pothead and a marijuana advocate. The fact that it is so in the open and still taboo bothers me so much. The fact that there are so many studies that show so much good can come from a plant, it helped a friend of mine with torretts. It would stop the ticks that it caused and he got in trouble cause his twitching was gone. Anyone that has ever known someone with that disease knows that it is difficult on them and their families, I think that it was a contributing factor in his suicide as well. maybe if the research was listened to my friend would still be here.

It has also helped me a lot, I have ADHD and it helps me to concentrate. I smoke before I work on my car, edit my photos, I even smoke before my workout. The thing I love the most that it does is help me sleep I have pretty bad insomnia so anything that works for that is a blessing. It does make most activities more enjoyable including sex and and masturbation and unlike being drunk you are more functional. That being said, it should be treated the same way when involved with driving, it does impare you.

Now I know some of you are curious about trying it and dont want to smoke there are other methods of getting TCH, eating is just one of those BTW. A vaporizer could be the answer, it is inhaled like smoking it only its water vapor that contains THC. They are pretty costly for some of them but they are worth it, the high is better, no smell, and no smoke. The only real downfal other then cost is the time to heat up, I ordered one of these http://www.vaporgenie.com/ they are all the benifits of vaporizing, but the conveniance of a pipe, and they are prety cheep at $50. I will let you know how it is as soon as i get it and use it a little. :)

finman
February 12th, 2010, 12:05
There is another view about cannabis:

However it is misleading and dangerous, to our youth in particular, to label Cannabis as “soft”. In fact the serious adverse effects of Cannabis have been known for some time now and Hall and Solowij in the British Journal of Psychiatry sounded warnings in 1997 about such issues as dependence on Cannabis, adolescent developmental problems, permanent cognitive impairment as well as involvement in and the development of psychosis.

http://priory.com/psych/cannabis.htm

hypospadia
February 12th, 2010, 14:27
Just want to echo what was said earlier...be very, very careful with edible THC, especially if you didn't prepare it.

I once tripped out so hard on a brownie I couldn't walk or move for at least 5 hours. My organs felt like they were convulsing, I thought I was going to die. One of the worst experiences of my life. It took a full 24 hours before I felt any semblance of "normal."

Anyhow, +1 for smoking or vaporising it in my book. Wouldn't mind trying some with my gf, it always gets me going.

snakedance
February 12th, 2010, 16:23
I agree with keeping kids away from Marijuana, or any drug including alcohol for that matter. It can be detrimental to adolescent development. I didn't start until I was 21 and am glad I didn't try it earlier. As for dependence, I guess everyone is different. I smoked cigarettes off and on for 2 years and never developed a dependence, though nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known. I have gone months between smoking MJ, so I would not classify myself as dependent on it.

As for depicting Mj as soft, well no drug (including prescriptions) can be truly considered soft if there is the potential for adverse side affects. That said, MJ would have to be one of the "softest" drugs around, especially when compared to alcohol which has one of the highest addiction rates.

But hey, it's a personal choice and if I can handle it I don't want someone (government) telling me I can't do it, especially when the legal recreation drugs (cigarettes, alcohol) are so much more dangerous- including the new wave of people hooked on LEGAL medications (oxycontin, vicodin). I personally would prefer my son to grow up and try Marijuana rather than getting hooked on pills or alcohol.

admin
February 12th, 2010, 18:51
Hi,
My only recreational drug is alcohol, but I have dear friends who use MJ once in a blue moon. They aren't addicts and they aren't mental. The suggestion that a specific genetic type could be identified that would have severe medical or psychological reactions is just one more thing that makes me crazy mad about our fucked up society trying to punish and stigmatize victimless behaviors while ignoring atrocities like MGM.

I think if pot were on the same legal footing as booze these poor saps who are going to whig out from smoking it would be more likely to get the diagnosis when it could do them some good, because there would be no stigma in asking your family doctor for a screening.

1Taoist
February 12th, 2010, 19:21
Lotta good thoughts here.

I gotta agree with hypospadias- those breath-strips did the same thing to me. No way to go, IME. No way. No. No.

Vaporizer sounds awesome. Please let us know about that.

I do think it makes us who have kids in a bit of an awkward position. I won't do it when they are up or I'm takin care of them. I think it does alter your presence. Not like alcohol, but one or two puffs does more than one or two drinks. Depends on the individual I guess, but it really does effect you in terms of presence. Maybe that's just my mistaken perception. Alcohol does far more to our liver and our stability, but cannabis just alters us. In some cases that may be ok.

I love cigars. They relax me. But cannabis does too and has no next-day effects.

Sex on alcohol sucks ass, and not in a good way. Sex on cannabis helps to clear my head, so it's a more free experience.

I think the pharmaceutical industry wants to control dosage and effect while making $$$.

Cobra, if you got probs I recommend it. Sounds like you and your wife could chill and put your skintube to work. There is no panacea, but natural substance is always the best, and pharmaceuticals fuck your kidneys and liver, so I choose the weed. For low-level relax, a Cuban cigar is 5star. Weed is the next step up. Vicodin can suck it.

finman
February 13th, 2010, 03:18
I once tripped out so hard on a brownie I couldn't walk or move for at least 5 hours. My organs felt like they were convulsing, I thought I was going to die. One of the worst experiences of my life. It took a full 24 hours before I felt any semblance of "normal."

Sounds a bit like circumcision to me:

As an infant I was circumcised and I couldn't walk for years. My organs felt like they were convulsing, I thought I was going to die. One of the worst experiences of my life. It took a full 44 years before I felt any semblance of "normal."

1Taoist
February 13th, 2010, 12:32
You weren't circumcised, you were turned into a eunuch.

It's odd that so much of sex is mental as we get older, and the damag of circ becomes more apparent. Cannabis seems to help people, but many people I know who smoke it regularly don't have sex. The pot actually disables them from even wanting it. Or bothering.

It seems to clear your head, if that's an issue. It makes you relax, if that's an issue. It also makes you eat fattening foods, if that's an issue. Cheeseburgers while high are outstanding. So is Captain Crunch with Cheese Whiz.

As this becomes more and more legal, and accepted, I think not that many people are gonna start using it. Opening a pot dispensory will never become Weedbucks. But a lot of people do use it, and to good benefit. Young people shouldn't use it for the same reason they shouldn't adopt any substance use that is altering until they are adults.

I think people should become promiscuous when they get older. The 40 years should be about doin all the things you were told not to when you were younger, like anal sex in a 5-star restaurant unisex bathroom. Except acid and coke.

The great thing about this idea is by this time, your character is pretty much formed and you ain't gonna be effected by the character-altering effects of doing things when you're in your formative years.

And for many of us, these are the restoring years, cuz our minds are becoming aware and things like weed and sex can be enjoyed.

Someone mundane
February 15th, 2010, 07:52
I don't really have anything to say regarding the drug usage, (and being young, doubt my opinion accounts for much on here to some people) but I personally could care less and do not see what all the political fuss is about. Some will use it, some won't. Among peers, some will be pressured into using it, others won't. I wouldn't go anywhere near it (yet?) myself, I intend and hope to live as cleanly as possible for as long as I can anyway.

It's a great point that there are plenty of chemicals all around us all the time, yet I don't see nearly as much of a stir over that.

The main reason why I've even bothered to comment is because of all the special attention it receives, despite equally prevalent and justifiably worse issues. I'm pretty sure leaving a permanent scar and loss of functional tissue in a totally non-consenting individual qualifies over temporary (I know it's more complicated and addictions can result if not controlled, still.) chemicals entering the body, to be labeled as worse. In the face of all the chemicals we're already exposed to as we grow up as well.

In particular, I especially got a bitter laugh out of that passage saying the drugs (I know they can, don't get me wrong) can negatively affect adolescent development... Of course, meanwhile a blind eye is turned toward the phenomenon of circumcision in our cultures, along with the effects it can have on a still growing organ, never mind the peer related aspects around that as well. Shouldn't it be a no-brainer that It has the potential too? I know that simply discovering the mere fact that I got cut really depressed me and put a huge damper on my motivations toward everyday responsibilities or even things I normally do for enjoyment... Sometimes it still interferes with my mood, depressing and frustrating me, even to the extent that I obsess. Not to make it sound like I don't try to help myself, but it's difficult. Doesn't help that doctors usually do not list "He may grow up and hate it." as a possible psychological risk, so it's not something that you have commonplace therapies for. Besides counseling... And obviously restoration for what good it can do.

Didn't mean to go on or change the subject, just comment. Disregard my tangent there.

ih8vtec13
February 15th, 2010, 15:56
Ok so I got my vaporizer today and it is pretty cool. The VaporGenie is pretty cool cause it is as convenient as a pipe but there is no smoke. The vapor even comes out in clouds like smoke as well. I think it should be easy for most people to get, if you already smoke out of a pipe then you should hav no problem getting it. I have burned it a little but I will eventually get it right every time I think.

If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

1Taoist
February 16th, 2010, 18:06
How was it? I read a bit about this, seems a pretty good idea. Was the effect any different? Would you please relate in more detail?

1Taoist
February 17th, 2010, 23:02
I hear ya. $5-600 bones for these contraptions, but I gotta say...probably a really smart way to go. Also, I wouldn't mind vaporizin some horny goat weed along with the MJ :-D. Says you can inhale herbs, so why not? Insta-wood bonin power. Throw in some ginseng and deer antler, too.

Americut
February 20th, 2010, 23:50
I was fascinated by vaporizers, when I first observed one. Superior to burning, IMO. Works better, better for you, all that.

1Taoist
February 21st, 2010, 11:55
I'm a buy one. Can I use it on people who are pro-circ?

skinstretchfan
August 4th, 2013, 17:26
Just bumping this because I'm pretty disgusted by the level of ignorance when it comes to cannabis on this forum.

Anti circ people of all people should understand how studies can be flawed, biased, unsubstantiated but made to look otherwise.

I mean some of these responses look like you guys went on a field trip, starting with the reefer madness movie, following with a visit with the FDA, then finally some class with the DARE program....

Please tell me in 3 years people here have wised up to the medicinal properties of cannabis...

StopTheCycle
September 14th, 2013, 04:19
I have no medical justification for using cannabis, but all the same, I recently had access to it, for the first time in over a decade.

What a difference a decade can make. All of a sudden, I can choose which strain to buy. Not just the latest moldy ass brick shipment from Mexico.

I recently smoked something called, "Pineapple Kush".

It turned my dick into a lightning rod. HELL YES Cannabis makes sex better. But it turned me into a zombie.

I have a love/hate relationship with weed right now. But since I have such limited access to strains, I can't be objective about it.

1Taoist
September 15th, 2013, 11:53
Part of the reason that is the case is because cannabis regulates your nervous system, central and peripheral, and giving you a boner is one half of the equation. The other half is sleep. Which, if you think about it, is what you do after you relieve your boner.

1Taoist
September 16th, 2013, 12:49
Probably need to re-up your research, Distalero, cuz you're wrong and never been right, not since prohibition.

Cannabis doesn't change brain chemistry negatively. I'm living proof, in fact. I have MS. I use hemp oil- not the legal seed oil, the actual cannabis oil -and I have the MRI's to prove it: no disease activity.

Talking about smoking it is antiquated. And dumb, chronically. It isn't cannabinoids that change chemistry of the brain, it's smoke- as in irritant. But even in that situation the cannabis appears to self-regulate its own smoke damage. But nevermind that, it's 2013. Anyone smart will tell you vaporizing is best for immediate symptomatic relief, sublingual tinctures too, but ingesting the oil is best- the liver metabolizes it into very beneficial substances that are long-acting. The stuff that heals.

If people can actually approach the substance without the long-established non-sense of schedule 1 (no medicinal value), they might really see that their government has done them a supreme disservice. In fact, lied to them. For a long time. Possibly criminally.

There needs to be a new film called "Pharmaceutical madness".

All anyone needs to know about the health and safety of cannabis is try it. But even then, one still needs to use the appropriate strain for their personal chemistry/problem.

If think you know what's what, Distalero, from a Science (capital S) perspective, go talk to those doing the most research on this plant: the Israelis. Yes, they are the forefront and are growing and testing plants that are less inclined to get you stoned but instead relax and heal- as in more CBD rich than THC, which has been the trend for some time. The Israelis know that it stops cancer; they know it has a regulatory effect autoimmune and neurological diseases; diabetes; many others. So if you wanna run around with United States doctors who tow the line and fear peer ridicule- you're the problem not the solution.

The troubling fact for your perspective and dubious claims is...everyone who uses it is living proof you're wrong.

1Taoist
September 17th, 2013, 21:53
Well-put, D. You made plenty of relevant points.

What science- or pharmacology, specifically- needs to address, however, is why pharmaceutical medicines are making us sicker. Why there are such deleterious side-effects which natural medicines like cannabis do not cause.

While I guess you can call things like sleepiness or the munchies as "side-effects", these things are nothing like side-effects listed at the end of every pharmaceutical ad. As I said, I have MS (newly diagnosed last year, at 45), and I immediately started taking the drugs that are available to "reduce attacks". I took all kinds of mess they gave me for various "related symptoms", which proceeded to make me feel terrible. Never been sicker. I finally got off meds and took the cannabis oil...and I feel great. Almost normal. Quality of life is great. I now sleep. Pharmaceuticals made me feel terrible, not only that but I lost my morning erections. Since cannabis...I get one every time I take a fuckin nap.

My MRIs show no disease activity. Can't argue with that.

I'm not gonna say others don't benefit from pharmaceuticals. But the ones I was on were $50k a year. And they don't really work. Cannabis is quite inexpensive comparably, and does work. No real side-effects to note, unless you wanna call feeling healthy and functional a "side-effect".

StopTheCycle
September 19th, 2013, 04:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3IMfIQ_K6U

Dr. Sanjay Gupta's recent CNN documentary.

The little girl suffering with Gervais syndrome is meant to pull your strings... but why not?

She has a chance at a life. Mostly because she's lucky enough just to be a Colorodan.