PDA

View Full Version : Foreskin & Cleanliness

PrepuceRegenerator1
November 29th, 2009, 01:37
One reason for circumcision is cleanliness. But cleaning a foreskin is just as easy as cleaning any other body part. I am circumcised, but I can vouch for that, as I have been restoring long enough to have gained significant coverage, ergo, smegma. So, I have a poll for uncircumcised and restor(ing/ed) men:

What do you use to clean your penis (under your prepuce?) Please also specify how effective your method is & how often you do it.

admin
November 29th, 2009, 02:25
What do you use to clean your penis (under your prepuce?) Please also specify how effective your method is & how often you do it.
At the end of a shower, I force my skin off the glans and rinse it with water. I'll rub a bit even though that removes the protective accumulated sloughed-off skin because I prefer to be unnaturally sterile in case my wife is in the mood for oral sex later. If I've been extra sweaty or had to skip a day showering, sometimes I'll add Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser to the routine, or if I'm catching a strong aroma, I may even go with some soap. All in all, it's very quick and painless, and I don't think much about it, but since you asked...

-Ron

Joseph
November 29th, 2009, 02:50
I am not circumcised, and I find I begin to smell if I don't wash in like 1 or 2 days, but it also depends on the time of year. I get my stinkiest during the summer. Perhaps because I'm extra sweaty?

What I do that is pretty effective is, when I'm soaping up the rest of my body with a wash-cloth, I pull back my skin and rub the head and surrounding areas with the soft washcloth and suds that I was using to soap up.

At the end, when I'm rinsing, I just pull back and wash off the soap.

That's it. When I get out of the shower and pull back on the skin, I'm squeaky clean down there.

Some habits of mine: I hold the end of my foreskin when I pee, not pull back on the head. This probably will contribute to the smell, though any remaining urine is gone in a few shakes. I find I have better aim this way. I have less control when I pull back my foreskin to pee.

Maybe this is why guys are famed to have trouble staying on target? Perhaps this is a US phenomena... dunno, though.

BamaDude
November 29th, 2009, 03:04
I do the "Three R's"- Retract, Rinse, and Replace, every time I take a shower.

One habit I picked up from intact guys is to also retract, rinse, and replace immediately before "getting busy".

Tormod - IRL
November 29th, 2009, 03:23
I'm restored to about CI 7 or 8 now. I can get a bit aromatic after 3 or 4 days of not cleaning.
I run and shower daily.
When I will put on a T-tape later, I quickly wash with dilute soap and thoroughly rinse.
When I will use the TLC tugger later, I rinse with water only.
Either type of cleaning is fine for later "horizontal" activities.

Yunus
November 29th, 2009, 03:53
One reason for circumcision is cleanliness. But cleaning a foreskin is just as easy as cleaning any other body part. I am circumcised, but I can vouch for that, as I have been restoring long enough to have gained significant coverage, ergo, smegma. So, I have a poll for uncircumcised and restor(ing/ed) men:

I'm an intact male or never circumcised.
I open or retract my foreskin and rinse it with clean and fresh water.

I clean my foreskin twice everyday.I clean my foreskin when I take a bath and I need less than 1 minute to clean my foreskin.
My foreskin is very easy to be cleaned,not like what circumfetish people said that cleaning intact penis is very hard.

There is only a lazy male who circumcise himself for easiness of penis cleaning.Spending 1 minute for washing foreskin every bathing isn't wasting a time.

The total time of foreskin washing is only 2 minutes per day or 732 minutes per year or 12.2 hours per year or 1220 hours per 100 years (lifetime) or 51 days per 100 years (lifetime).Why did circumfetish people think that foreskin washing is very hard and wasting the time?

Going Hooded
November 29th, 2009, 10:13
I am writing to say thanks for your replies. I appreciate them a lot.

Americut
November 29th, 2009, 20:39
I dont have a foreskin, nor am I restored yet but I do have to wash. Seems like many of us have different ways of going about this. Personally, it was because of a post on this forum that I started doing the whole "piss bath" thing where you pinch the end of your skin shut and fill it up like a balloon. The fact that piss has natural astringent properties is just a bonus really, because I do it for fun. I like the way it feels. After that, I just rinse with the warm water of the shower. Water seems to do all that I need for cleaning. No odor remains. However, I always wash the tugger with soap. I am pretty damn sure that pre-cum which has become rancid is big contributing factor to the smell that is created in an unwashed, intact penis (or in many of our cases, retained by some kind of device). There is a far different scent that I notice when old pre-cum is present and when it is not. And water washes that right off. I use soap on the tugger because that removes any oils that may be on the surface, and can affect the quality of grip it holds on the skin.

PrepuceRegenerator1
November 29th, 2009, 23:19
I am pretty damn sure that pre-cum which has become rancid is big contributing factor to the smell that is created in an unwashed, intact penis (or in many of our cases, retained by some kind of device). There is a far different scent that I notice when old pre-cum is present and when it is not. And water washes that right off.:rolleyes:

If you're talking about that very distict smell that smells kind of like raw seafood, then you're smelling the natural bacteria on your penis that collects under the skin or on your device. I have the same experience with my pill tube. I smell the same thing, and I never produce Cowper's fluid, so that's probably just a co´ncidence that it smells different when precum is present.

Americut
November 29th, 2009, 23:59
If you're talking about that very distict smell that smells kind of like raw seafood, then you're smelling the natural bacteria on your penis that collects under the skin or on your device. I have the same experience with my pill tube. I smell the same thing, and I never produce Cowper's fluid, so that's probably just a coïncidence that it smells different when precum is present.

I'm not really sure, man. The only time I smell that scent is when I actually see the clear, liquid substance that is called "pre-cum" when I take the tugger off. Other than that, I never smell anything (and I check often). I want to elaborate on this. After sex or masturbation, there is a sort of clear, liquid that leaks out of my penis. I have noticed that in the times that I piss after said sex/masturbation this liquid does not leak out, as it is flushed out with the piss. In the times that I flush it out, there is no odor that I later notice. However, if I do not flush this out, I WILL notice later that there is this odor. That is what has lead me to believe what I claimed before. If my body is unique in this situation... well ok.

Tormod - IRL
November 30th, 2009, 02:30
Americut,

I think I have the odour caused by accumulation of pre-cum also. I can most times feel when I am producing pre-cum. There is first some form of visual stimulation followed by a tingling sensation deep between the legs. The skin of the sac seems to "creep". No erection. Then when I next look, the fluid is there under the restored skin.

z726
November 30th, 2009, 03:00
Here, let me fix that first sentence for you:

One excuse for circumcision is cleanliness.

There, that's better.

To clean my penis, I use water. Since I don't yet have reliable coverage, it usually retracts in the shower so some soapy water might get on it, but I try to avoid that. I try not to let the glans dry out.

Yunus
November 30th, 2009, 09:38
I was confused.

Some people said that a soap is needed to clean the foreskin.
They also said that mild soap is very good for foreskin cleaning.

Could you mention the soap products which are classified as mild soap.

Sometimes,I used rarely a baby soap like cussons baby soap to clean my foreskin.Is that safe?

Someone mundane
November 30th, 2009, 11:31
I was confused.

Some people said that a soap is needed to clean the foreskin.
They also said that mild soap is very good for foreskin cleaning.

Could you mention the soap products which are classified as mild soap.

Sometimes,I used rarely a baby soap like cussons baby soap to clean my foreskin.Is that safe?

The body is far from being as delicate and fragile as glass... You're probably fine. I doubt that most soaps intended for bathing will cause any major imbalance. At most it might irritate. But I'd assume (since I don't have a foreskin) that's it.

Billybobbed
November 30th, 2009, 12:36
Circumcised or un-cut I don't think you want to be using SPAM SPAMSPAM SPAMSPAM SPAMSPAM SPAMSPAM SPAMSPAM SPAM Clampetts homemade lye soap on your penis.:eek: Seriously though even though I'm cut I use just warm water out of the shower head and gently rub it clean with only my hand. A wash cloth is just too rough. Since I've been restoring everything is waaaay more sensitive down there.

Tally
November 30th, 2009, 14:50
There is a study (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1195128/?tool=pmcentrez) that shows one possible cause of recurrent balanitis is washing the penis with soap. The soap irritates the mucous membranes and removes natural bacteria, allowing harmful pathogens move in.

When I shower, I wash the outer skin with soap. As I am rinsing off, I retract and rinse under my restored foreskin. Then I manual tug. :D

I do not notice an odor with this daily cleaning regimen.

Joseph
November 30th, 2009, 16:40
What's annoying is that for women it's recognized that some "flora" are necessary, and it's advised not to douche often.

But for men?

CIRCUMCISE THEM!!!

Not a trace of dirt, schmeg, or odor must be found!

Billybobbed
November 30th, 2009, 19:09
What's annoying is that for women it's recognized that some "flora" are necessary, and it's advised not to douche often.

But for men?

CIRCUMCISE THEM!!!

Yeah, but Joseph, women want their men to be FRESH like Summer's Eve douche.:D I think women watch too much daytime TV, next they will want us to dip our cocks in Clorox to get rid of those stubborn stains, then lay them out on an ironing board and spray them with either starch or fabric softener (depending if they want a woody or something soft).:eek:

Someone mundane
December 1st, 2009, 03:40

But for men?

CIRCUMCISE THEM!!!

Joseph makes an excellent point here, actually.

I REALLY don't get it. If you take the time to bother to research, it's easily recognized that not all bacteria are harmful towards us. From intestinal flora to microbes on the skin. The entire human body could be considered a colony of sorts.

Then there is the fact that you can be too clean. It's been found that people less exposed to various microbes tend to have a slightly weakened immune system. (At least, that's what I'd heard) Same thing with exposure to certain pets, it helps build it.

There is an extremist end to everything... I'm not saying to walk around filthy by any means, but it does piss me off how people will ignore these things due to their hysteria of disease or a simple germ phobia. We live in a world of filth, it's not something you can entirely escape from in the big picture and we do have some natural defenses and compromises on our bodies in place for it. I used to have a germ phobia myself but not anymore. I've since come to see the folly in it. I practice basic hygiene while avoiding excess and still seem to be pretty darn healthy overall.

cobra
December 1st, 2009, 15:57
I am a sweaty, oily guy and my foreskin can start smelling in half a day. I produce alot of that natural lube under there. It interferes with my tugging, making tuggers slip off, but I like the smell. It is erotic to me.

I wash it like everyone else. Soap and water. It's not that complicated. Removing erotic tissue to help with hygiene is basically saying every man is too retarded to use soap and water. It is insulting.

So we can build space ships and fly to other planets, but we can't figure out how to wash our weiners...? :rolleyes:

finman
December 1st, 2009, 16:10
Plain soap or shower gel is fine, and cleans well.

admin
December 1st, 2009, 20:47
Removing erotic tissue to help with hygiene is basically saying every man is too retarded to use soap and water. It is insulting.

I think we also need to recognize that there is actually nothing unhygenic (in the clinical) sense about leaving the space within the foreskin unwashed by anything other than sterile urine leaving the body. After all, every mammal evolved a foreskin 65 million years before surgery, soap, or running water were around.

We clean to conform to social norms, and it has a cost in terms of natural suppleness.

-Ron

bebbon
December 2nd, 2009, 08:04
have to be the linguistic-dabbler here.

smegma -from Latin, detergent, soap, from Greek smēgma,

from smēchein to wash off, clean.

thank you, ancient philosophers.
(to whom we owe soap [from the river sapo], plumbing, baths.)

PrepuceRegenerator1
December 2nd, 2009, 18:08
I agree with what Joseph said earlier:

"What's annoying is that for women it's recognized that some "flora" are necessary, and it's advised not to douche often.

But for men?

CIRCUMCISE THEM!!!

Not a trace of dirt, schmeg, or odor must be found!"

I can relate. My mother and father had me circumcised for cleanliness and "aesthetics", and growing up, my mother would make me take a shower if my pit smell was even slightly detectable. I can only imagine what she would've done about the smegma smell had I been left intact. I wonder if there is an evolutionary purpose for the way women are about all this cleanliness shit? Or maybe it's just a stupid meme...

Joseph
December 2nd, 2009, 18:17
I did NOT start having a smell until about my late teens.

Maybe it's different for each lad, but by the time I started to notice a smell (IF I didn't shower), I kept to myself and didn't need mum to tell me to go take a shower.

If you're mom's smelling your smegma, you've got problems.

:D