PDA

View Full Version : Saved One

Regrow61
December 28th, 2009, 11:12
UPDATE: My friend left his Son INTACT and baby & Mom are doing well!

My friend's first child (a boy) was born Christmas day shortly after midnight (12:15AM). Prior to me enlightening him on the pros of keeping his son intact, he was totally pro circ and from his response I am assuming my friend is Cut. However, at least he was very open minded and appreciated me educating him. To my surprise, the MUCH harder sell was to Mom. I am amazed that so many American women think a foreskin is a bad thing.

When I told a few of my friend's I was going try to convince another friend to leave his son intact, they told me I should mind my own business but I am SO HAPPY I didn't. This could of easily gone in a very different direction, so HAPPY thing turned out the way they did.

peterpink
December 28th, 2009, 12:00
Well done!

Just make sure the mother does not try retracting the foreskin. I understand it still goes on in the USA. The father also needs to be educated on the care of the foreskin since he will have no idea.

You realise that you have not just saved one, but you have brought three over to the side of normality.:)

anon poster
December 28th, 2009, 13:05
Great job - great feeling.

With so many people it's like talking to a brick wall. but when you get through to one, it feels great. i have two wins to my name as well.

Think about the difference. Instead of being strapped down and cut in to as he wailed uncontrollably, the infant got to bond with his nurturing mother.

His first painful experience will be years in the future, most likely, instead of being introduced to the world with 15 minutes of completely unnecessary agonizing violence.

Fishstick
December 28th, 2009, 13:17
Just make sure the mother does not try retracting the foreskin.

Ye, I have read about some dude's mother trying to retract his foreskin.. damaging it, and the foreskin wouldnt retract in an older age, causing the dude to be forced into circumcision, and then the doctor cut off his fernulum too... which he wasnt aware of before the surgery... horrible story I read on the web, all from a stupid ignorant actions done by his mother.

ctrclckws
December 28th, 2009, 15:53
Congrat's, hope the little one's foreskin stays saved. After all, there are well meaning grandparents and constant pressure from the medical profession.

I've been lo-key in my efforts to encourage 2 sets of new parents to learn about it before decided.

I've not followed up since the three boys were born, damn this society that makes talking about such things almost taboo.

There is hope for them, though.

admin
December 28th, 2009, 18:50
My friend left his Son INTACT
...they told me I should mind my own business but I am SO HAPPY I didn't.

Thanks for sharing.

Someone mundane
December 29th, 2009, 03:29
When I told a few of my friend's I was going try to convince another friend to leave his son intact, they told me I should mind my own business but I am SO HAPPY I didn't. This could of easily gone in a very different direction, so HAPPY thing turned out the way they did.

Well, how fortunate for the baby... Wish that I could have been born under such conditions. (Yeah I know they were pro-cut, but so were my family. Would have been nice having someone speaking up for my rights. Then again, with a mostly shut-in family, fat chance of that.)

Anyway, I find it ironic that people would tell you to mind your own business over this matter. Performing the unnecessary surgery on an infant in the first place sure isn't minding his future business... :rolleyes:

tony12345
December 29th, 2009, 07:24
Good Job!

greg_b
December 29th, 2009, 08:48
Way to go!

Yunus
December 29th, 2009, 10:59
I am amazed that so many American women think a foreskin is a bad thing.

It seems that I heard that USA's RIC is decreased to around 56%.
So,around 44% of American women think that foreskin isn't a bad thing,right?

ctrclckws
December 29th, 2009, 14:24
My wife, as well as another neighbor, is Indian, and Hindu. The neighbor was convinced by the medical profession to circ her little boy at around age 6 months. And if my little girl had been a boy, my wife was prepared to argue for circ with me.

Amazing what the medical profession has been able to do as I wouldn't have expected either of these women to be easily convinced to cut.

4Foreskin
December 29th, 2009, 20:03
Regrow61,

Great job. I hope they are pointed in the right direction on how to take care of an intact boy. They should not try to force the foreskin to retract, ever.

Again, thanks for standing up for what you believe in and saving a little boy much pain.

Yunus
December 30th, 2009, 00:51
My wife, as well as another neighbor, is Indian, and Hindu. The neighbor was convinced by the medical profession to circ her little boy at around age 6 months. And if my little girl had been a boy, my wife was prepared to argue for circ with me.

Amazing what the medical profession has been able to do as I wouldn't have expected either of these women to be easily convinced to cut.

So,I think that your wife needs to see the video of circumcision to open her mind about circumcision.

Americut
January 1st, 2010, 10:55
Bravo, Regrow! :p

Good job. I hope all of us can do this at some point.

poster poster
January 1st, 2010, 23:35
A SINGLE episode of stress can rewire the brain epigenetically:

ScienceDaily (Dec. 31, 2009) In trying to explain psychiatric disorders, genes simply cannot tell the whole story. The real answers are in the interaction of genes and the environment. Post-traumatic stress disorder requires some trauma, for instance, and people, for the most part, aren't born depressed. Now research has revealed one mechanism by which a stressful experience changes the way that genes are expressed in the rat brain. The discovery of "epigenetic" regulation of genes in the brain is helping change the way scientists think about psychiatric disorders and could open new avenues to treatment.

Richard Hunter, a postdoc in Rockefeller University's Harold and Margaret Milliken Hatch Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, found that a single 30-minute episode of acute stress causes a rapid chemical change in DNA packaging proteins called histones in the rat hippocampus, which is a brain region known to be especially susceptible to the effects of stress in both rodents and humans.

Regrow61
May 19th, 2012, 10:11
Update: This kid has a Foreskin because I convinced his father (who I believe is circumcised from his response) not to have his son cut. This kids looks pretty happy and does not appear to be suffering from being "different" from Dad.

(pic removed)

Appalled Observer
May 19th, 2012, 14:55
A lucky kid!! Well done. And well done his dad for sparing his child what he himself had foisted on him.

freddys
May 20th, 2012, 20:37
Congratulations! He will grow into a happy, whole man.
Best regards,
Alfred.

Adoptodad
May 27th, 2012, 10:07
Awesome news!

Crunchie
May 28th, 2012, 05:46
Heroic action, well done. I'd buy you a drink for that!

arsenic
September 1st, 2012, 18:22
I understand your euphoria regarding this child, but isn't it somewhat risky posting a minor's picture on the internet?

Regrow61
September 1st, 2012, 22:53
Not sure the risk? No details of this child (except he has a foreskin) were given.

His father (my friend) posted the picture of his son in public domain.

I did an amazing thing of discussing a very difficult subject, educating a first time parent, and convince him NOT to do what he thinks is normal, to his soon to be son. However, guess there are lots of creepy people.

Pic has been up long enough. Removed.

arsenic
September 2nd, 2012, 17:36
I certainly agree and applaud what you have done. It's just that now a days it risky to post pictures of minors. I would not even post pictures on facebook, myself.

admin
September 2nd, 2012, 18:05
I certainly agree and applaud what you have done. It's just that now a days it risky to post pictures of minors. I would not even post pictures on facebook, myself.

I'm glad people are thoughtful and cautious.

I have only two flaws:
1) I think I'm perfect
2) I trust that the world is not very hostile.

It's no so much faith in peoples' goodness as it is faith in their laziness. If someone wants to hurt someone there are just tons of people within an arm's reach to stab in the face. Why would anyone bother to figure out who he is and where this anonymous kid was hiding?

Posting pics online is not much different from publishing a pic in a school yearbook, except that it is about a million times easier to share it globally.

not yuuzhan vong
September 7th, 2012, 23:50
So you succeeded by informing and not coming off as saying you want something?

Regrow61
November 5th, 2012, 06:15
So you succeeded by informing and not coming off as saying you want something?
Yes. Just tried to give him some education (including what my circumcision has done to me).

Also said "I know you want the best for your son", this is why you need to know... and explained both slides, including that your son can choose later if wants.