PDA

View Full Version : Oops

David
May 13th, 2007, 16:22
I remember one time when my device fell off while I was in an elevator with other people at work. Luckily it was carpeted so it did not make much noise. I just bent down, picked it up, and put it in my pocket (acting like it must have slipped out of my pocket to begin with). No one asked me anything as this happened very quickly. Sure glad it wasn't a hard floor, or it would have made quite a sound, and have been quite difficult to explain! :D

Toveri
May 13th, 2007, 20:58
Wasn't there a famous song about 2o years ago called, "50 ways to lose your tugger"?

botanica
May 14th, 2007, 17:23
LOL! Reminds me of the sliding dance I did one time when something similar happened and I could feel it working it's way down my pant leg. But to have it fall out and to nonchalantly pick it up takes some doing!

Ron

jdawg81
May 14th, 2007, 17:36
I have a huge fear of losing my tugger in public!! :eek: When I first started I was using tape and I had my band attached to a modified sock and the tape broke free and was trailing out of my pants luckily I was at home so it was not a big deal! From then on I was very careful about making sure everything was secure. I have no idea how I would have explained that to a co-worker or just an average Joe on the street! :D

admin
May 14th, 2007, 19:26
I think we need to be ready to unapologetically explain what's doing if the need arises. For me it was just that one time getting through security at traffic court.

But I did have the device loosen and hit the floor last year. I was sitting on the runway waiting to get off a plane, and I unclipped the strap from the device for comfort since I'd be hitting the restroom in the concourse soon anyway. Then when we got out, I was carrying most of the family luggage and wearing my fanny pack in front.

The pack was hanging low, and with my hands full I couldn't make it stop flopping against my tugger, and it knocked the device loose, and just by chance I also had not re-attached my failsafe lace at the previous rest stop, so the device hit the floor.

Just bend down and pick it up. Nobody has to know it's not a stopper or a gasket or whatever unless you freak out.

-Ron

jdawg81
May 14th, 2007, 19:41
Thats true but what do you say if someone asks? Because someone is bound to ask LOL

metalwhere
May 26th, 2007, 05:57
I was drunk one night, all good stories start off that way right, wearing a pair of shorts, when my Tugger came undone and was hanging below my shorts. Well being drunk, and being in the more eclectic neighborhood of town, someone on the patio mentioned something about it hanging from my shorts. To which I politely told them what it was, and what it did, and where they could find it. Pulled the elastic band off my leg stuffed it all in my pocket and carried on.

-MW

grubub
May 28th, 2007, 20:36
I was wearing my CAT II ro once with a stainless steel ring. I was getting to a buddies house, and decided there was too much tension, and wanted to take it off. So I took it off in the car, but forgot the ring. So... after a while of walking around and standing around, it slipped off, down my pant leg, and banged right onto his hardwood flooring. I quickly dropped down and pocketed the ring. He turned around to look at me and said "what was that?" to which i replied... "My knife fool!" haha.. and he didn't ask. He knew damn well I didn't have my knife on me :D

russell56443
October 20th, 2007, 23:49
Before I got smart and started saftey pinning the strap around my leg and the strap going to the TLC Tugger to my boxers I had the whole damn thing come undone at Wal Mart,it was about a foot behind me by the time I got to the restroom:eek:

z726
October 21st, 2007, 14:42
This one time during my first year of tugging, I was using t-tape and strapping around the waist, when the tape started to pull off from my skin. I was wearing shorts. Luckily I didn't have the strap hanging out for long before I got the chance to sit down, discreetly remove the end still attached to my boxers, and put it in my pocket.

Later I got the idea of threading the strap through safety pins clipped to my boxers whenever I wore shorts.

ScottC
March 12th, 2008, 13:34
I rarely wear boxers & when I was first noticing spontaneous roll over & using MULTIPLE O rings I was TOO confident & the slide OFF was so slow I didn't notice! THey (3) dropped on the side walk outside of a BUSY grocery store. I'm sure I turned BRIGHT red & later my wife laughed long & hard! Mostly b/c she didn't want me to & thought it was hilarious that I was embarassed!

David
March 12th, 2008, 20:15
Back when I was wearing a device inside my boxers (I had changed from briefs) and it was not pinned to the boxers, it came off once. Fortunately for me it fell onto the carpeted floor of an elevator where I was alone. Whew!

DPX1
September 20th, 2008, 18:04
Back when I was starting out with a your-skin cone it popped off and fell out my pant leg in the cafeteria at school. I just sort of looked around and picked it up with a "huh? whats this?" look.

Disaster averted. :cool: