PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever heard of Electronic cigarettes?

Borneo
February 9th, 2010, 03:41
I have this awful habit of smoking cigarettes. Yes, I'm a nasty person who should rot in Hell. Now that I said it, we can keep the brow beating to a minimum.:mad:

On Friday, I ordered some of these.

http://www.blucigs.com/home

I have tried to quit on too many to count occasions and just turn into an asshole. So that coupled with a normal short fused Irishman, and quitting could get somebody hurt... most likely me.:(

So these things use a battery which heats up a filament called an atomizer, to create a mist vapor out of the flavored nicotine fluid in the other end of the device. It seems to turn on when it's sucked on (sounds sexy). These have been around for a few years now, but since it's the nicotine that I crave and not the smoke itself, I thought I'd give it a go.

Is anybody else using e-cigs now? Do you like them, are they as satisfying as the real ones? As far as the health concerns for these, I do know it's a fairly new thing... but I can't see these things being as nearly unhealthy as the real thing.

What do you think? Yeah, I know. "Why don't you just quit?" Because I'M ADDICTED!!!!!!!!! Got it? Now I covered that one too. :D

Joseph
February 9th, 2010, 03:59
I've heard of 'em yes.

Now, just because you asked to "keep the brow-beating to a minimum" doesn't mean that's what gonna happen m8... I'm gonna brow beat 'till...

Naw I'm just kiddin' bro!

Last thing I've heard it was being talked about whether or not they should be legal at bars etc., seeing as they don't release any smoke...

Not sure where I stand on that...

Me, personally, I smoke a fag everyone once in a while, but not enough to give tobacco any business... just bum 'em off friends whenever we're out having a good time...

admin
February 9th, 2010, 10:05
I just heard on the radio this morning that some of those don't deliver relevant amounts of nicotine to help people trying to quit. I don't know what they meant.

z726
February 9th, 2010, 14:03
Where I live, these vaporizers are being advertised for use with nicotine and other implied substances. I assume that may popularize the devices, albeit in more of an underground fashion.

Have you looked into nicotine patches or gum? Those are ways to gradually decrease intake without having to inhale the stuff.