PDA

View Full Version : Just a Thought

May 16th, 2010, 02:12
Lately.. The giant known as Islam is slowly beginning to consume most of Europe and America

If America and Europe become Islamic nations, we can expect even MORE forced circumcisions on our babies, not knowing what most women actually look like, and daily "stonings" down town.

Food for thought :D

What do you think of this?

cobra
May 16th, 2010, 05:23
I am not a fan of any organized religion. Period.

box_of_cereal
May 16th, 2010, 08:43
For some reason, a lot of people are turning to Islam... which is surprizing since the two converties (well one is, and the other will most likely convert soon) are women. I don't know a lot about Islam, but it strikes me as one of those "old fashion" religions that don't really adapt to the times and oppress women with the whole veil thing. And obviously I don't accept the whole "circumcision = being a man" thing.
I managed to convince one of my friends that circumcision was a bad idea a few years ago, and I asked her recently what her position on this was, and she said that she "would almost have to have it done". Mostly because a muslim husband wouldn't allow it to not be done, and because it's the social norm....
I find it funny how a lot of muslims don't like the US, but have the same mindset as them when it comes to this topic.

InnerLogic
May 16th, 2010, 11:14
But if we get it to be illegal on the grounds that the child has no choice, it wouldn't be an issue. They couldn't change a law because of religious reasons due to separation of church and state.

That doesn't stop anyone from coming up with other reasons to circumcise. We just have to spread the education. Preempt their "attack" if you will.

Anyway, I don't think Islam is taking over. Too many Christians here for that to happen.

z726
May 16th, 2010, 14:56
But if we get it to be illegal on the grounds that the child has no choice, it wouldn't be an issue.

If you're referring to assault and/or battery, that's already illegal. The issue isn't choice, but rather injury inflicted on another without consent. Many parents and doctors don't see it that way, and as the victim is too young to do anything, the law goes unenforced in this situation.

InnerLogic
May 16th, 2010, 16:26
I meant illegal like its illegal to circumcise girls.

vicousg42
September 21st, 2011, 13:55
im no more afraid of islam than i am judaism or christianity. really any ibrahimic religion has a horrible track record of its followers.

"everybodys prayin'. don't prey on me" -Greg Graffin