PDA

View Full Version : Attend Lecture 5/23/2010 in Pittsburgh

admin
May 17th, 2010, 01:25
Brunch & Lecture Series: Gerald P. Schatten, Ph.D., "Frontiers in Stem Cells & Regeneration: Why Doesn’t the Foreskin Regenerate?"

Sunday, May 23, 9:30 AM--$8.00 per person

http://www.templesinaipgh.org/groups/Brotherhood/Brotherhood.shtml

If anyone can attend and report back to us, I'll cover your ticket and maybe parking & reasonable mileage.

It's presented as an opportunity for members of a temple, and their guests, so you'd maybe have to contact them and schmooze a bit to get the event coordinator to "host" you.

-Ron Low

z726
May 17th, 2010, 02:40
Given that this is in a Jewish temple, I'm guessing that the title of this presentation is somewhat rhetorical and they're not exactly interested in the biological reasons the foreskin doesn't redevelop after circumcision. To them the whole circumcision thing is either symbolic or just because god said so.

Actually I would guess that it is somewhat possible, if enough inner foreskin were left, and sometime soon following the circumcision it were to roll forward and get stuck over the glans. But then, that would be considered a botched job.

WoundedBird
August 30th, 2010, 07:49
I live in Pittsburgh and I missed this event.

I've known a couple people, including my romantic partner, who had a -forceps cut- and basically only the tip of the prepuce was lost. Their residual prepuces completely cover the glans while flaccid, and the corona when erect.

Still, I don't see any "regeneration" on his penis. He was just fortunate to be left with lots of coverage and his entire frenulum. Basically all some of these guys lose is the Ridged Band.

I would love to just wake up one day and be like "Wow my prepuce grew back!" That has been a fantasy of mine for a decade.