PDA

View Full Version : Speed of process in children?

rocky
December 1st, 2010, 20:47
I'm just wondering if anyone knows. I've heard it can take 1-3 years to restore an adult foreskin, but what if it was a young child? My wife and I are adopting a 4 year old african american boy from the "system", we don't know yet if he's circumcised, but having worked as an aquatics instructor at a local YMCA in an all black area, my guess is that he probably is. If so, then we will want to restore his foreskin, would it take less time for a 4 year old to grow his foreskin back? about how long?

cutitout27
December 1st, 2010, 21:03
I'm just wondering if anyone knows. I've heard it can take 1-3 years to restore an adult foreskin, but what if it was a young child? My wife and I are adopting a 4 year old african american boy from the "system", we don't know yet if he's circumcised, but having worked as an aquatics instructor at a local YMCA in an all black area, my guess is that he probably is. If so, then we will want to restore his foreskin, would it take less time for a 4 year old to grow his foreskin back? about how long?

At 4 I don't think he really is aware that anything is missing, or would understand it if it was explained to him. Restoration should be his choice when he is mature enough to decide if he wants to or not.

And I think attaching anything to his 4 year old penis could potentially get you into a great deal of trouble.

admin
December 1st, 2010, 23:25
I think telling him that boys are born with more skin than he has is fine.

Telling him he can use a retainer to let his skin do the job it was meant to do (covering his glans) is humane. Using it starting now could prevent some of the damage that those of us who didn't restore until adulthood have sustained.

I can now make Your-Skin Cones any size, and in clear silicone (http://foreskin-restoration.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6325) so he'll have a better chance of getting a good application.

-Ron Low
http://TLCTugger.com

Farmwife
December 2nd, 2010, 12:21
There are conflicting opinions on helping very young children to restore. On one hand, it would probably go faster and the benefits to being restored in childhood are obvious. On the other hand, once again someone else is changing the child's penis. And you'll have social workers and stuff to deal with until the adoption is final.

I know of someone who just encouraged her son to pull the skin forward whenever he had a chance. A child usually has a fair amount of slack skin and that isn't too hard to do. Her son wanted to be covered like his younger (intact) brother so he pulled it forward all the time, essencially tugging. I know she said he was getting more coverage, but I haven't heard from her in a couple of years now. I think the important thing to her was that it wasn't something that someone else was doing, it was him doing it.

And a lot will depend on the child's personality. It's probably one of those things where you know the right approach to take after you've known the kid for a while. Actually, most of parenting is that way.

Oh, and congratulations on the upcoming adoption. :)

admin
December 2nd, 2010, 13:10
There are conflicting opinions on helping very young children to restore. On one hand, it would probably go faster and the benefits to being restored in childhood are obvious. On the other hand, once again someone else is changing the child's penis.

Manipulating a healthy penis for no reason or to harm it is inexcusable. To help someone avoid further harm is OK in my book. But of course the child should be allowed to handle their own regimen as early as possible. I'd bet some kids could apply a retaining cone at age 3.

-Ron

admin
December 2nd, 2010, 13:13
I think telling him that boys are born with more skin than he has is fine.

Further to that, some kids could probably handle the message that doctors are able to do amazing things because they never stop learning. He can perhaps understand that some doctors thought cutting was best in the past but now they know leaving it alone is best.

cutitout27
December 2nd, 2010, 16:33
My worry here is that the child is going to talk to his teacher, or other adult about how his adoptive father is teaching him how to do tricks with his penis.
And then when you try to explain to said adults that you were just encouraging him to correct his "mutilation" you are going to be looked at as a pervert who adopted a child to play penis games with. Restoration is from my experience not looked upon favorably in this country. Especially for children.

This is different from the case with Farm wife's friend who had a child who wanted to look like his intact brother. Adoption is tricky. {mod: it does complicate things}

WoundedBird
December 3rd, 2010, 15:34
It's sad because I realize that metal stenosis can be prevented or minimized by keeping a kid covered. But I also realize that most people would indeed think of it as "playing weird penis games". I think maybe the onset of puberty would be a better time to discuss this, in general, though I recognize the benefits of having coverage in youth. I was so tightly cut that I had no mobility while flaccid by the onset of long-term memory.

*Sigh* - I don't know what the answer would be here. But if the kid could keep a secret, I agree with Ron that a retaining cone would be a good idea.

cutitout27
December 5th, 2010, 04:55
Honestly, I wouldn't bring up a thing until he is mature enough to understand what the deal is. And I doubt he wants to go to school with a device on.

WoundedBird
December 5th, 2010, 12:34
It does seem like this will be very tricky, at best.

rocky
December 7th, 2010, 18:01
I thought when you're restoring, the device doesn't stay on all day long. Of course I wouldn't send him to school with anything like that on. If he's wearing it overnight and when he's not in school or at someone else's house when I'm not there, would that be enough to restore it quickly? Of course I would educate him not to discuss anything to do with his penis with anyone outside the family unless they're a doctor, and if his teacher is female (which she probably would be) I certainly would not want him discussing it with her. I wouldn't take parenting advice from any woman whose not a relative. That would be like a male teacher calling a girl's parents because she keeps scratching her loin parts in class, it's none of his damn business, not to mention inappropriate.
It said in one of the articles that the "device" would not need to be worn at all times, I'm just wondering how many hours of the day is ideal.

admin
December 7th, 2010, 19:59
wondering how many hours of the day is ideal.

The men in our controlled trial averaged 11 hours per day under tension and made excellent progress; 3mm/month FEC improvement.

-Ron

greg_b
December 8th, 2010, 19:21
I thought when you're restoring, the device doesn't stay on all day long. Of course I wouldn't send him to school with anything like that on. If he's wearing it overnight and when he's not in school or at someone else's house when I'm not there, would that be enough to restore it quickly? Of course I would educate him not to discuss anything to do with his penis with anyone outside the family unless they're a doctor, and if his teacher is female (which she probably would be) I certainly would not want him discussing it with her. I wouldn't take parenting advice from any woman whose not a relative. That would be like a male teacher calling a girl's parents because she keeps scratching her loin parts in class, it's none of his damn business, not to mention inappropriate.
It said in one of the articles that the "device" would not need to be worn at all times, I'm just wondering how many hours of the day is ideal.

Based on my experience and reading, several hours a day should be effective, likely even less. I tug for 3-6 hours a day, 4 days a week and am making better progress than when I was tugging as close to 24/7 as I could. Manual tuggers only apply tension for an hour or so a day.

Be very cautious about restoring while asleep. Nocturnal erections can apply a great deal of tension and have real potential to do harm since you are unconscious.

I would suggest first simulating what will happen while asleep. Wear the device, wear what is worn to bed, get a full blown erection, get under the covers and roll around. Do this a few times and see if any issues come up. Then, when first trying it for real, use less tension than you plan to, just to be safe. It is very difficult to simulate exactly what will happen when you are asleep. If everything seem OK after a few days trying it at reduced tension, try increasing the tension a bit more and go a few nights that way, eventually working up to full tension.

Note that you will most likely want to use less tension at night (due to the increased tension form nocturnal erections) than you would during the day. Which is why I do not tug while asleep. My experience suggests that I can be as or more effective tugging for shorter periods using more tension while awake.

Regards

Unregistered
December 10th, 2010, 22:13
If so, then we will want to restore his foreskin,

Why would this be your choice?????? Why force your opinions onto him????
How about let him make his own decision about his penis.

I look at this "forced restoration" worse than circumcision.

You are obviously against circumcision. If he was to be already circumcised, I would recomment that you do not pass your anti-circumcision attitude onto him at all. Most circumcised boys/men will not have a problem with it. If you force your opinion onto him, you will most likely be causing him unnecessary mental trauma. Just let things lie. Don't bring it up. If he asks you a question, don't make him out to be a 'freak'.

Maybe you should ask the adoption agency what they think about your forced restoration idea?

Aussiebloke
December 10th, 2010, 22:32
If so, then we will want to restore his foreskin,

I agree with the previous poster.

This sounds pretty sick to me.

I hope you have told the adoption agency about your plans!

admin
December 10th, 2010, 23:18
This sounds pretty sick to me.

There is nothing sick about healing.

There is nothing sick about preventing further harm.

Aussiebloke
December 11th, 2010, 00:48
There is nothing sick about healing.

There is nothing sick about preventing further harm.

What further harm would be caused from remaining circumcised????
The only further harm that could be caused by doing such an act would be psychological harm due to forcing a child to manipulate his genitals against his will.

I would hope that this individual will be reported to child protection if he were to persue such a thing.

greg_b
December 11th, 2010, 07:45
What further harm would be caused from remaining circumcised????
The only further harm that could be caused by doing such an act would be psychological harm due to forcing a child to manipulate his genitals against his will.

I would hope that this individual will be reported to child protection if he were to persue such a thing.

Since a child's penis is not fully grown or developed, it is reasonable to think that further harm could indeed occur, in my mind. How much and of what nature is hard to say with any confidence since we do not know how much growth and development remains to take place, nor do we know how much was amputated.

I agree that this is a situation that is quite grey, the context and details make all the difference in whether this is a "healing" process or not.

Regards