PDA

View Full Version : Meatus Size

skyguy
March 6th, 2011, 02:12
I was cut at birth. My meatus has always seemed to be a bit on the small side in comparison to many I've seen in person and in pics. I've tried sounding a few times. I have a very tight spot just inside my penis just past the meatus. The few times I've tried sounding, it's always hard to get anything past that spot just inside, and it always hurts.

I talked to my urologist (a very cool doctor) years ago about a meatotomy to open it up a bit more. I didn't pursue it at the time, because I was getting over a prostate infection.

I would like to hear from other guys who have had a meatotomy or have tried stretching with sounds.

hastur
March 6th, 2011, 05:53
Looks normal to me but I'm not a doc...I have an abnormal meatus,I have one small true opening and a blind opening above...I don't know if it is a birth defect,hypospadias,or acquired,meatal stenosis.
Your opening is far bigger than mine.

sakerr
February 25th, 2012, 19:12
when i was 6 I had a very minor procedure, I wouldn't call it a meatotomy but it was to open up my meatus because I wasn't able to urinate freely enough and was wetting the bed because of it.

All I have to say is it looks about the same size as mine now, and you do not want that surgery, there are not many things I remember about being 6 but I remember having to piss after the surgery it was quite possibly the worst thing ever.... ever

It is also why i do not understand sounding at all why would you ever want to do that ouch

just my two cents

JimOZ6
February 25th, 2012, 20:52
Skyguy, you can use sounds to open it up more, but seriously, looks perfectly fine. Is there a functional issue you're trying to solve?

As far as sounds to open up, use lots of sterile lube, and clean sounds, and take it very slow. Much like growing foreskin, it can enlarge on its own with patience and sounding.

skyguy
February 26th, 2012, 02:24
Since I've stretched my meatus with sounds over the past few years, my urine stream is much better. I used to have a narrow, split stream. Now I can urinate easily with a strong stream. For the record, I can now take a 10mm sound.

admin
February 26th, 2012, 12:44
I can now take a 10mm sound.

I never saw the scope they snaked up my urethra in 1995, but I'd have to bet it was 10mm.

-Ron

skyguy
February 27th, 2012, 02:21
I never saw the scope they snaked up my urethra in 1995, but I'd have to bet it was 10mm.

Ron,

Could you take that scope easily? A 10mm sound stretches my slit to the limit. Once I get the sound in, I like to leave it in place for an hour or so to give my slit a good stretch.

Not-B-Angry
February 27th, 2012, 02:26
I'm pretty sure I could take a 10mm catheter too...but that's the limit. My largest plug (yes I'm trying to increase my meatus to the size of an intact one) is 10mm but the flange is larger 12mm so I can't get it in..."what a long, strange trip it's been!" Like restoration, it is a lesson in patiences. Like water wearing down a stone....not like a stone thrown into water.
Hey! That' was pretty poetic! Write that down!:cool:

(ps. this is a urethral stretching plug---not a sounding rod it's less than 2" long)

admin
February 28th, 2012, 01:05
Ron,

Could you take that scope easily? A 10mm sound stretches my slit to the limit.

I never saw it. I just know how it hurt to pee for a few days after the procedure, and that it sent pictures and allowed the doctor to snip and stuff. It had to be appreciable, no?

skyguy
February 28th, 2012, 14:50
I keep searching the 'net for a larger size penis plug. Ideally I'd like to find a plug around 10mm that I could wear overnight.

I found a nice pug with a glans ring, but the rod was only 8mm around. That would not stretch me. If it came in a 10mm size, it would have been perfect.

CRAZYFOX
July 10th, 2013, 04:41
Hi everyone I'm a new member here , seems like a few of you can handle a 10mm sound . I started sounding a year ago almost and have been sounding with a 10mm for sometime now untill a week and a half ago after I tried to go from a 10MM to a 11MM in size .
I don't know what I was thinking , I guess I thought ok I been using a 10MM for months now maybe I can go up to the 11MM .
Well it went in all right with a good push it did , I felt in clear my meatus and then all hell broke loose on me .
Blood was pouring out of my penis like crazy , I almost panic but in my head I'm thinking stay cool and try to stop the bleeding using paper towels I had handy .

The bleeding started slowing down almost to a stop thank God and at the same time I was flushing by peeing like crazy toflush all the blood out .
After five minutes or so maybe ten minutes the bleeding finally stopped , I took a deep breath and started thinking WHY , WHY , AM I CRAZY OR WHAT !
Even with all of that going on the feeling of that 11MM going in my penis did sort turn me on for a second but WOW I thought with all the blood I might be calling 911 . I think I lost a pint of blood over that , really took me by surprise in a bad way .
I was alittle shaken up over it for 30 minutes hoping like heck whatever I did to myself I would recover from it .

Over the next four days I didn't do anything but monitoring my pee looking for signs of blood or maybe a UTI infection . A week later I saw my doctor and told her what happen , she had me do a Urine test testing for any signs of an infection or blood in my urine .
The results came back good for me , nothing in my Urine so I got lucky on that one .

So its been a week or so , two days ago I started sounding again using a 9mm for a day and the next day I used my 10mm and again some blood . I'm thinking ok its not completely healed up so I went back to using the 9mm for another day .
Today I started with the 9mm and let the 10mm side slide into my penis on its own , it slide in nicely . YEA no blood !
I sounded for awhile using my 10mm again but very slowly , no signs of blood and my pee is clear after that .
I waited about five hours or so and tried using only the 10mm , it slide right in much easier then it ever did in the past .
My guess is when I tried to push that 11MM sound in penis it tore my meatus making it larger . I notice a big difference using my 10mm sound now , it slides and so much easier now then before . Before using my 10MM I always had to warm up using my 9MM sound .
After using the 9MM I had to slowly push the 10mm in with a slight struggle and some pain , now there's no pain it slides in really easy now .

Sorry for the long story , be extra carefull when trying to insert something larger then a 10MM , the sight of alot of blood is not cool at all !
I'm not sure if I want to take another chance on the 11MM , I might have to wait a few months and make sure everything is healed up before I try that again . Only if I can get up enough nerve to try again , sounding is fun but its risky .
I will say the feeling of having a 11MM feels really good inside but in my small to average penis its a risk trying to get something that big inside and past my meatus .

Is there anyone using a 11MM now , has anyone had the same problem as I did with bleeding ?
I see some of these guys in videos who are using larger sounds then a 11MM and it makes me think how are they doing it without alot of injury to their penis like I had a week ago .

Hope I didn't bore too many of you with my first post reply , play safe and have fun !

CrazyFox

CRAZYFOX
July 10th, 2013, 22:48
I was cut at birth. My meatus has always seemed to be a bit on the small side in comparison to many I've seen in person and in pics. I've tried sounding a few times. I have a very tight spot just inside my penis just past the meatus. The few times I've tried sounding, it's always hard to get anything past that spot just inside, and it always hurts.

I talked to my urologist (a very cool doctor) years ago about a meatotomy to open it up a bit more. I didn't pursue it at the time, because I was getting over a prostate infection.

I would like to hear from other guys who have had a meatotomy or have tried stretching with sounds.

Hi , I started sounding about a year ago using a very small 6MM sound then moved up to an 8MM and after that a 9MM which at the time was all I could handle because my meatus is small . After sounding for months using a 9MM I finally was able to with a struggle insert a 10mm with lots of pain at first .
I decided to deal with the pain for awhile hoping my meatus hole would open up .
The slit on my penis opening has slowly opened up some but not enough to slide in a 11mm . I tried a 11mm two weeks ago and ended up in seconds with blood pouring out of my penis like crazy TOTAL SHOCK AT FIRST !
The thing is with my heart condition and three Stents in me my heart doctor has me on three different blood thinners and thats why I was bleeding like crazy but within ten minutes I was able to stop the bleeding and flushed my penis out by peeing alot untill finally my pee was clear plus four days later I saw my doctor who knows I sound and told her what happen . She had my Urine test for any infection and blood , the test turned out ok .

Anyway if you keep inserting the sound you can handle slowly your meatus will stretch , mine tore slightly in the opening but over time it healed up ending with a slightly larger hole .
My last Mishap inserting that 11MM did oen my meatus hole up because now I can insert a 10MM with ease , my guess is I tore the opening or meatus making it larger in size .

I love sounding , you might say I'm totally addicted to it . I just order two different sound sets off of Amazon , they were on sale so I jumped on the sale price .

Hope my story with sounding helped some , just remember sounding can be fun and safe if your careful but theres always a risk doing it .
I make sure everything is clean and as sterile , I use sterile wipes and sterile lubication called Surgilube . Its alittle expensive five doolars a tube but its the best you can use . Preventing an infection UTI is worth the extra you pay for a tube of it .

Take Care - CrazyFox

alex-oh
July 11th, 2013, 06:07
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nope.gif
Did you confuse your dick with a piñata? Was the damage of circumcision not enough for you? Do you want to break your dick yourself or something?

To me, sounding seems as stupid as cutting yourself. It also seems like it must come from the same impulse as other forms of self-harm. I think you probably should quit sticking things in your dick, but hey, it is your body to destroy in whatever manner pleases you.

CRAZYFOX
July 12th, 2013, 17:19
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nope.gif
Did you confuse your dick with a piñata? Was the damage of circumcision not enough for you? Do you want to break your dick yourself or something?

To me, sounding seems as stupid as cutting yourself. It also seems like it must come from the same impulse as other forms of self-harm. I think you probably should quit sticking things in your dick, but hey, it is your body to destroy in whatever manner pleases you.

Thats funny that Pinata ! Nope I'm not swinging or sounding a big weapon in my pants but its average enough to please most women back in my pickup days , I'm 60 now so I'm not searching for wild women like I did 20 years ago .
As for sounding my guess is your not doing it , hey whatever floats your boat I happen to like sounding if its safely done .
Twice I screwed up with some bleeding but nothing that sent me to the ER only a doctor for a checkup, yea I sort pushed my limit too far two weeks ago but its all healed up now not a drop of blood using a 10MM sound .
Your right its risky if your sticking homemade stuff up your cock , me I buy the right sounds and use sterile lube to sound with .

Anyway thanks for the laugh -CrazyFox

JimOZ6
July 12th, 2013, 22:31
Circ to Sounding is like comparing Aardvarks to Kumquats.

While it is true that one can cause harm sounding, had one never been circ'd the urethral opening would be naturally larger. Not as large as with a very large sound, but larger than us circ'd guys. I sounded till I was about the same opening as intact guys I have known...

IMO it is just part of restoring.

alex-oh
July 13th, 2013, 23:25
Restoring something quite a bit like original foreskin makes the penis much more functional. Widening the meatus does not add any function to the penis, does it? Do you want your semen to just barely dribble out? Is that the goal?

If your meatus is so small that it causes problems, that's obviously a different matter, and worth fixing I would imagine. But jamming something 10 or 11mm up your meatus is obviously ridiculous, isn't it?

I think the desire to stick things inside the penis is an unusual fetish that shouldn't be thought to have anything to do with restoring. The thought of sticking things in my dick makes me cringe. I think most men feel the same.

peterpink
July 14th, 2013, 00:22
Fletcher found that intact men had ‘a meatus 34.18 % longer, 39.48 % wider, and an opening that is 94.97 % larger than circumcised men’. (Denniston, George C.; Hodges, Frederick M.; Milos, Marilyn Fayre (Eds.), Genital Cutting: Protecting Children from Medical, Cultural, and Religious Infringements (Springer, New York/Heidelberg 2013):85-99)

JimOZ6
July 14th, 2013, 06:56
Restoring something quite a bit like original foreskin makes the penis much more functional. Widening the meatus does not add any function to the penis, does it? Do you want your semen to just barely dribble out? Is that the goal?

If your meatus is so small that it causes problems, that's obviously a different matter, and worth fixing I would imagine. But jamming something 10 or 11mm up your meatus is obviously ridiculous, isn't it?

I think the desire to stick things inside the penis is an unusual fetish that shouldn't be thought to have anything to do with restoring. The thought of sticking things in my dick makes me cringe. I think most men feel the same.

You are of course as welcome to your opinion as I am to mine.

I am curious how it is you have knowledge of "most men" and what they think?

alex-oh
July 14th, 2013, 18:17
I am curious how it is you have knowledge of "most men" and what they think?

That's fair. I really haven't asked anyone about this ever. I only heard of it pretty recently. I only knew sounding as the nautical term. I'll try to ask more guys what they think about sticking things into penises. I have a pretty good feeling they find it horrifying like I do, but I guess I don't have any reason to be so presumptuous.

Doesn't everyone totally resent catheterization (or just the idea of it)?

CRAZYFOX
July 15th, 2013, 03:10

Hi I been sounding for a year now , started using a 6MM and now I'm sounding with a 10MM all the time with little issues BUT two weeks ago I was brave enough to try inserting a 11MM in my penis . The moment it slide in is when all hell started in a bad way BLEEDING and alot of it too !
Almost panic but stayed cool and worked at stopping the bleeding , after ten minutes or so all the bleeding stopped and by the end of the day clear urine .
I did see my doctor and had a Urine test for any UTI infection , lucky for me NO infection .

The bleeding problem was I must had opened up my penis meatus slit forcing the 11MM inside which cause alot of bleeding . I'm taking alot of blood thinners because I just had three heart stents put in last Christmas of 2012 after I had my first heart attack .
Yea that was scary almost died from that but thankfully I'm still here , anyway I stopped sounding after that for atlease five months and finally decided how much I missed sounding my cock so here I am back at it again ADDICTION is the only way to explain it I guess .

So with me I have had some luck stretching my meatus but it hasn't been easy , it takes month even years they say to move up to the next higher level in size and with natural stretching includes risking bleeding of the meatus area .
My penis is no moby dick in size average , my guess is MAYBE one day soon I hope I'll be able to insert a 11MM and if I do thats going to be my limit in MM size . Anything bigger I might as well check into a hospital room and then try inserting it and have everyone on the floor prepared to take action with heart paddles and plenty of bandages . Hell make sure the IV is hooked up to me too so they can recycle my blood back into me again ! LOL

Just joking , stay safe and take it slow - CrazyFox