PDA

View Full Version : Can Foreskin Be Restores By A Kynodesme?

Keith
December 5th, 2011, 02:45
A kynodesme is relatively simple.

A link to an image of it

http://www.foreskin-restoration.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=343&pictureid=1691

An article about it is here:

www.foreskin.gc.bz/other_historical.php

The article states:

This suggests that the Greeks were aware of tissue expansion and it lends credence to the theory that perhaps they discovered that, through long-term use of the kynodesme, the wearer's foreskin grew longer, or even that this was the intended purpose of the kynodesme from the very beginning.

Does anyone have any knowledge with regards to the use of the kynodesme? And if any one has any websites they would like to share that explain the kynodesme that would be appreciated.

Can the kynodesme help restore foreskin?

Skinned Alive
December 5th, 2011, 12:04
My very, very limited understanding is that is was used to keep the glans from showing in public as it was considered highly offensive to do so.

Having read the article you linked to, rather than just the excerpt which came across as talking about the kynodesme, the Greeks knew about restoration and encouraged it. Despite Soranus of Ephesus saying

If the infant is male and it looks as though it has no foreskin, she should gently draw the tip of the foreskin forward or even hold it together with a strand of wool to fasten it. For if gradually stretched and continuously drawn forward it easily stretches and assumes its normal length, covers the glans and becomes accustomed to keep the natural good shape.,

I don't think they would have intentionally used the kynodesme for restoration purposes as it's intent was the same as a loin cloth would be to another culture or the way we use pants/shorts/skirts/dresses/swim suits/etc. today. Speaking of today, I don't see how a traditional kynodesme would provide the necessary tension. That being said, I suppose you could suggest that any of the tugging devices that use a strap are an "evolution" of the kynodesme and, since the tugging devices that don't use a strap are an "evolution" of the ones that do they would be an "evolution" of the kynodesme as well.

All that having been said, the article you linked to does suggest that the Greeks might have accidentally discovered that the kynodesme lengthened the foreskin over a period of time which lead Galen to develop his "tape method" in the second century.

I guess the answer to your question is yes and no. Yes being compared to what was available back then and no compared to what is available today. I certainly wouldn't consider it "safe" by today's standards as it involves some type of rope/twine/band tied in a bow which could hinder a quick release during an erection. I suppose you could make the device "safer" but, it would probably lack in comparison to any of today's methods.

Very interesting article though.

frizzen
December 5th, 2011, 14:29
http://www.addicks3.fsnet.co.uk/nat/nudelife/kynod/kynod.htm

It's more of a retainer, but it is tentioned by the weight of your package. so better than an oring, but not as much tension as like a tlc, cat...

grab a shoelace and try it. theyre comfortable, and it's interesting to not have stuff flopping around between legs. it makes sence as the ancient jockstrap, keeps things up outta the way.

Skinned Alive
December 5th, 2011, 18:30
http://www.addicks3.fsnet.co.uk/nat/nudelife/kynod/kynod.htm

Some of those look absolutely painful.

JimOZ6
December 5th, 2011, 19:26
Man, I sure agree with that. If I had nothing at all but string, and wanted to restore I suppose I would try it. But OUCH.

Then too, I guess if I posted photos with my TLC-X on with pusher and straps, people might look at that as horrendous.

Skinned Alive
December 5th, 2011, 19:31
Man, I sure agree with that. If I had nothing at all but string, and wanted to restore I suppose I would try it. But OUCH.

Then too, I guess if I posted photos with my TLC-X on with pusher and straps, people might look at that as horrendous.

True but at least you can "knock it off". Some of those pictures looked like erections trying to tear through the skin on whatever side they could. I'm cringing even thinking about it. Even flaccid I would be terrified of tying it to tight. I'm glad that's not the preferred method lol.

admin
December 5th, 2011, 22:59
The point of the ancient Kynodesme was to keep the dink out of harms way and to keep the glans out of sight. Presumably you could spring a Rod in the arena or changing room and look pretty much like your non-aroused peers.

To restore, the ancients just flipped the idea over and tied a weight to it. During the Hebrew Hellenic period (what was that, like 500 BC) the weight was called the Pondus Judaicus, or "weight of the Jews" because cut Jews would restore so they could pass as intact in Greek culture including in the nude exercise realm.

I forget where I saw it, but they also made clay weights shaped like today's TLC Packers and held those on with the twine.

-Ron

Keith
December 6th, 2011, 00:07
According to what I have read foreskin restoration was pioneered in Greece and then later was revived in America. I also noticed while researching that in America there are a lot of jewish organizations that oppose circumcision and I didn't expect to see that. One of those organizations is here: http://www.jewsagainstcircumcision.org/

I wonder if there is a book or something on how they rediscovered the non-surgical techniques of foreskin restoration.

freddys
December 6th, 2011, 00:25
Without weights, a kynodesme would act as well as any retainer. Personally, when not tugging or inflating, I use a short piece of wide white shoelace as a kynodesme. For me, it is easier to put on than o-rings, and the tightness of the knot can be conveniently controlled.

Kynodesme2
November 24th, 2014, 08:35
I have been wearing one for two years and find it very comfortable to wear. I also sell them. See attached flyer for more information.