Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 4th, 2009

Default a new way to de-keratinization

i just find out a way to de keratinization of our glans, i will have a try. then see how is going.

anyone have some ideas about this?

use girls' exfoliating scrub, or Purifying Scrub cream,have a wash on your glans like girls use on their face

girls' exfoliating scrub is used to de keratinization the Horny on the face.

and we can use the gentle one for the sensitive skin, try to not harm the glans

is it a idea?

Last edited by jackieeee; September 4th, 2009 at 05:45.
Old September 4th, 2009

Default Re: a new way to de-keratinization

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieeee View Post
i just find out a way to de keratinization of our glans, i will have a try. then see how is going.

anyone have some ideas about this?

use girls' exfoliating scrub, or Purifying Scrub.have a wash on your glans.

girls' exfoliating scrub is used to de keratinization the Horny on the face.

and we can use the gentle one for the sensitive skin, try to not harm the glans

is it a idea?
I don't know if this would be a good idea because of potential harm to the glans.

Since the glans are a mucosal body and not skin, I'm not entirely sure of their repair mechanism. In regular skin, the top layers are dead cells which are replaced over a rather short period of time by shedding and rising in layers. One could remove the epidermis and still have little worry of scarring or injury since these skin cells are already dead.

I should add that I don't have direct evidence to present, and this is completely based on personal assumptions. Should someone disagree with my assessment, follow best evidence. I would caution that by virtue of being a more sensitive area on the body which develops to be covered at all times, it would be wise to take a more conservative approach. Leaving the glans alone will have the same effect over time, without undue risks of damage. My main worry is that if the top layers of the glans are living tissue, then you could diminish sensitivity if they don't replace or repair due to abrasion.

*I believe this because the glans are made of mucosal tissues which I assume is more similar to the dermal layer of skin than the inert, dead top layer (epidermis). Thus, I would hypothesize that vigorous rubbing with a coarse surface could potentially create scar tissue formation. My rationale is simply because the glans are supposed to be a protected layer. Unless better information were to be presented, utility would favor simply letting things go on their own.

Last edited by RPizzle; September 4th, 2009 at 03:56. Reason: Clarity, *Addition
Old September 4th, 2009

Completely agree with you RPizzle. While reading that idea, I caught myself slightly wincing. I've had my glans rubbed raw from lots-o-sex (without paying attention to proper moisture/lube), and the next couple of days SUCKED big time. Would imagine that the aforementioned exfoliation would be somewhat like that. Or worse.

jackieeee, don't stop thinking about ways to help our situation. You may come up with something that will one day help us all. A good idea for all of us would be to present the idea's in here first, that way if it's been tried, no need to repeat it. If it may be harmful, we all can help from one of us getting too hurt. If it's a great idea, then we can all help refine it right away and progress it faster.

Keep the ideas coming ! ! !
Old September 6th, 2009

agreed. I have been at it for about 45 days now and the de-caritanization (sp?) is progressing along very nicely with no effort from me other than wearing my device daily.

the change in the skin and the new sensitivity is amazing and getting better daily. I described it in my diary, which I plan to post soon, as being like new baby skin - especially on the glans.
Old September 6th, 2009

Don't call it "girls exfoliation"
Its manly to exfoliate its just the word was probably made by girls.
It gets rid of acne (blackheads) by SCRAPING AWAY THE DEAD LAYER OF SKIN
It's like sandpaper in a bottle its tough as nails with an ironic girly name.

Like that big guy everyone calls tiny

that being said

I've done it obviously you don't do it vigorously and I didn't do it to dekeritize just to clean no problems.

Above post alberta guy what device do you use? I just started and was hoping it wouldn't take 45 days to de keritise. But by the sounds of it you use a device that touches the glans all the time? I tape so its just skin hopeful that it will be quicker.

So I would say its not to dangerouse (while it's keritized) but I wouldn't try it once it starts to de keritise that would probubly HURT
Old September 8th, 2009
restore4sure

There are some dekeratinizing agents, but they are mostly retinoids, though one common one is salicylic acid, which is a keratolytic. That's why it works for acne, by speeding up the process of clearing out dead cells and keratin, and making room for new growth. I am sure you could find a LOW percentage, or even use the wash in the shower to help along. Again, I don't know how you personally will react to it, as it is a mild acid.
Old September 9th, 2009

My view on this is not to try and rush any dekeratinization process. It is going to take you at least two to four years (maybe more) to complete a restoration process. You are in this for the long haul. Once you have enough skin for reliable coverage, any dekeratinization will come about naturally as the emolients produced by the new skin do their job.

I know others disagree with me on this. That's fine. I guess I am more focused on regaining the gliding action (function) and less concerned with the glans (sensitivity).

My advice is to be careful about doing these sorts of things. You only have one penis and you don't want to damage it. Patience and determination are the watchwords. My 25.