Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > General Intactivism Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 5th, 2010

Default When a baby boy is circumcised at a hospital, where does the foreskin go?

I have heard several people say different things on this issue.

Some have said that it is just thrown away, while others have said that it is sold to corporations for stem-cell research. I support stem-cell research, but I do not support doctors cutting off foreskins from infants, especially since the doctor is getting his/her own share of money from this. Use embilical-chord blood for stem cells, not foreskins. Besides, when looking at the origin of non-religious circumcision, it was done to try to curb masturbation, so I do not care what they say nowadays; if the origin is evil, the practice itself is evil, no matter how they try to justify it. Besides, if they really were trying to utilize stem-cells, they would have been successful a long time ago.

I have heard some say that it is used for cosmetics, which is even worse.

Which is the most accurate?
Old June 5th, 2010
Administrator

Default Re: When a baby boy is circumcised at a hospital, where does the foreskin go?

It's all of the above, man.

I couldn't tell you which hospitals sell, which don't, and which DO sell them, but say they don't.

It's been on the news that baby foreskins have been used for stem-cell research, and that they are used to create skin grafts for burn victims, and just old crones that want plastic surgery.

It is used in the skin cream SkinMedica promoted by Oprah Winfrey.

http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/f4sale.htm

http://circumstitions.com/$$$.html

http://www.drmomma.org/2010/04/artic...skins-new.html

http://www.drmomma.org/2009/12/steal...e-of-skin.html

http://www.drmomma.org/2009/10/fores...facecream.html
Old June 5th, 2010

Default Re: When a baby boy is circumcised at a hospital, where does the foreskin go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

It's been on the news that baby foreskins have been used for stem-cell research, and that they are used to create skin grafts for burn victims
The intent for this is good, but the method that they are using is unacceptable. As I said earlier, they could always just use embilical-chord blood for stem cells, and regenerative medicine has gotten to the point where it can grow skin grafts without the use of human stem cells, so there is no reason to have infants circumcised for stem-cell research.

Besides, other developed nations in the world do not circumcise baby boys yet have advanced own stem-cell-research facilities.

When my aunt gave birth four years ago, she tried to donate embilical chord blood for stem-cell research, but she would have had to pay a huge amount of money, proof that doctors just want your money.
Old June 6th, 2010

I asked this question of my parent's one time when I was old enough to be interested.

Their answer was that it was buried on hospital grounds.

This could have been their answer just because they didn't know.
Old June 6th, 2010

dunno if this is true, but i read once on a website that a hospital had a sign that said "don't throw away the foreskins". Apparently they used them in oral surgery.
Old June 6th, 2010

I believe that the medical establishment is taking advantage of an existing thought pattern that has already been implanted in people's heads, so that they can have an easy source of tissue for research.

They certainly don't need this source, in China they are light-years ahead of the US in stem cell research, so much so that people with spinal cord injuries are actually going to Chinese hospitals and finding great results. Outside of the Muslim minority, circumcision is also virtually unheard of in China.

I lived there for almost a year while studying language, and many, many parents still use the old style toddler pants that have an open ass area instead of using diapers so that the child can just squat down and let it fly when he needs to. I have seen many small boys pissing (public restrooms are hard to come by sometimes) and not a single one was without his God-given equipment.
Old June 7th, 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrclckws View Post
I asked this question of my parent's one time when I was old enough to be interested.

Their answer was that it was buried on hospital grounds.

This could have been their answer just because they didn't know.
Yeah, sounds like BS. Hospital medical waste is incinerated unless it is collected and transferred for research or industrial applications.