Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > Grief
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Grief Realizing you've lost a perfectly evolved healthy normal body part (or even a diseased one) can hit you pretty hard. We're here to help.

Old August 31st, 2010

Default MGM Grief Support Group(s)

I'm from Sarasota, Florida...but I've lived in Pittsburgh PA for the past 2 years.

Now I've had this idea for a long time, but I never lived in a metropolitan area populated enough for it to seem viable.

There is a Pittsburgh NORM office, but they rarely have meetings any more. Also, from the contacts I spoke with (on the phone as well as email) the groups generally revolve around discussing restoration.

Now, I am going to start my aggressive restoration very soon, I am plotting it out. I would love to meet with other restorers to discuss the process. But I'd also like to discuss my grief. I am a very sensitive person, I always have been. For those who like MBTI I am an INFP...hehe.

I have never gotten over my grief. I want to, Lord knows I want to. But I just have never felt fully supported, and I've never felt fully understood, and I've never had a group of people with whom I could just express my RAGE and SORROW over this mutilation!

If anyone lives in the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area and is interested in getting together in a group, or even one on one if necessary, to discuss grief...I would benefit from that.

I think such groups could be started in other cities too...

If anyone is in the Pittsburgh area and is interested...you can either reply here or send a private message, or both...

Also, others can potentially use this thread to discuss starting other groups...