Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > Grief
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Grief Realizing you've lost a perfectly evolved healthy normal body part (or even a diseased one) can hit you pretty hard. We're here to help.

Old May 21st, 2011

Default Foreskin envy now embedded into my subconscious

So the other day I had a dream that was a little disturbing. I was outside watching a video with my mother and sister. The last scene of the movie showed an intact guy masturbating, with the gliding and everything. They were both a little offended, and I was uncomfortable. Even in my dream, I felt incomplete. My sister than apologized to the both of us saying “I forgot about that part”, which was possibly referencing to the the penis and foreskin itself rather than the graphic scene.

I believe that dreams are symbolic. It is obvious to me that at this point, wanting a foreskin is more than just a conscious desire. The setting of the dream was also significant, watching a video with the female members of my family.

Sorry I know this all sounds a little creepy, but I wanted to get my thoughts out there.
Old May 22nd, 2011
Administrator

Default Re: Foreskin envy now embedded into my subconscious

It's understandable that someone might envy not only every guy you see who seems like he might be intact, but also every intact female you see. They've got all their perfectly evolved pleasure receptive parts and we're missing a siginificant portion.
Old May 22nd, 2011

every time i touch or see a girl, i study her parts, and wonder what mine would have been like if i were left alone. if i were gay, im sure id study the hell out of every man im with too. this is normal for someone who knows they've lost something. which is why more people need to know about it.
Old May 22nd, 2011

My girlfriend gets multiple orgasms when we have sex, I only have one. I wonder if I would get more pleasure if I had the parts I was born with. I think the part that gets me is that we all started out perfect, and then our parents or whoever decided our entire life should be spent like this. How some people talk to and forgive their parents is completely beyond me. That's like those rape survivors who sympathize with their rapists.

Anyway, I don't think you're messed up for having that dream. It sucks that we have to carry a burden of being "damaged goods", when it wasn't even our choice what was done to us. It helps me to think about situations people are in which are worse than mine, like young girls sold into prostitution for instance. Then I feel sorry for them, and don't feel sorry for myself as much. Though to be fair, those girls still experience lots of orgasms from that stuff probably...
Old June 1st, 2011

Hey slick,

I've had my share of weird dreams relating to this stuff as well; I think it's especially hard because I discovered this as a young child and repressed until puberty (when health classes kind of forced me to look at what happened).

I've had a lot of dreams relating to this kind of thing, especially in the first year or so of restoring...some of them really freaked me out but, as I started to move on it just became a kind of self-exploration. I think one thing that helped was to recognize that dreams, even disturbing ones, don't have to have any big deal meaning for my present and future. Dreams really are fascinating though...

Anyway that does sound creepy as hell but...well, I'm sure many of us can relate, and its not like you asked to be in this position.
Old June 1st, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmd View Post
Hey slick,

I've had my share of weird dreams relating to this stuff as well; I think it's especially hard because I discovered this as a young child and repressed until puberty (when health classes kind of forced me to look at what happened).

I've had a lot of dreams relating to this kind of thing, especially in the first year or so of restoring...some of them really freaked me out but, as I started to move on it just became a kind of self-exploration. I think one thing that helped was to recognize that dreams, even disturbing ones, don't have to have any big deal meaning for my present and future. Dreams really are fascinating though...

Anyway that does sound creepy as hell but...well, I'm sure many of us can relate, and its not like you asked to be in this position.
To me it's not creepy. Dreams reflect on what we focus on throughout the day and what we give out attention to. It makes sense to me that my subconscious mind would conjure up these scenarios.
Old June 2nd, 2011

Smile Re: Foreskin envy now embedded into my subconscious

Mmm, for sure...it makes sense to me as well.

Still...when I have a disturbing dream like that, there is this characteristically weird negative vibe...though creepy may not be the best word for it.