Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > For Parents and Expecting Parents
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 27th, 2012

Default Re: Expecting a boy? Circumcision Decision-Maker tool for parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBollinger View Post
Parents considering infant circumcision REALLY should check out Circumcision Decision-Maker website."
Dan, thanks for joining this forum - This is a great tool, and you will be a valuable resource. But I had these comments for your consideration, recognizing that you want to keep things simple.

About/statement. Add watch a video. Evidently that's what persuades parents not to circumcise, not words. [See the real thing and decide if you want to subject your child to that brutality.]

Decide/infant-cirumcision/wellbeing. Add reduces penile length and width.

Decide/infant-circumcision/required. "The only possible justification for circumcision is to treat boys or men with penile diseases or disorders—never as a preventive measure". (1) Add that newborn boys' penises are healthy, and circumcision is never medically needed for them. (2) As to preventive measures, perhaps say does not benefit most men at all or prevent HIV (as an adult, your child will still have to practice safe sex). Doctors mention HIV and parents probably cave.

Religion. List Catholics, unless everyone but me knows that Catholics will be under Christians.

http://circumcisiondecisionmaker.com...wish/orthodox/ I was surprised to see recommended. In the text, you say there are peaceful alternatives, and that interferes with child's freedom of religion. You could add, causes extreme pain, has risks, interferes with sex life. x% choose another religion. Make them think hard about it. Physicians don't even recommend it and they get paid; how can the panel?

And the circ. rate is falling, so in 20 years, maybe no boys will be circumcised.

I don't see any mention anywhere of the risks of serious complications, including loss of all or part of the glans or penis, and death. One would hope that parents, if told of these risks, would say no.

But again, thanks!
Old March 28th, 2012

Default Re: Expecting a boy? Circumcision Decision-Maker tool for parents.

The Decision Maker would make a good app.