Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > METHODS > - Surgical Reconstruction and Regenerative Medicine
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 30th, 2012

Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronofusion View Post
im kind of curious. does the.shaft skin have nerve endings?
even though this is not what i hoped for, im glad people are working on regenerating the foreskins. (even tho its just a part of it)
Not the specialized ones that we refer to the foreskin having, no.
Old March 30th, 2012

I for one look forward to seeing any pictures that surface of this new and groundbreaking regenerative procedure. Think of it as a prototype for Foregen in which only the outer shaft skin layer is regenerated. We may have several other tissues to build, but at least this outer skin layer was grown and implanted without using a horrible scrotal graft.
Old March 31st, 2012

The latest post from Dr Reeds blog was posted on 31st March 2012, copied below:

Patient interested in Acell foreskin regeneration
March 25, 2012

Hello Dr. Reed, I wanted to apologize for flooding you with questions. You’re a doctor, not a therapist. How can I make a consultation appointment? I wish to know whether or not an Acell foreskin is an exact regeneration of what was cut off? Thank you, ill pay the 250

Jasmus

March 26, 2012

Good morning Jasmus,

Thank you for your continued interest.

At this time we are following our first patient, and perhaps best to wait and see how he does. So far his recovery looks good, but he is less than 2 weeks out and the Acell rep says it will take 45 plus days to see skin as was there before. The head of the penis covered with his own shaft skin, and that part looks fine. We are focusing in on replacement of the denuded shaft, that portion that underwent skin advancement over the glans or head.

Have a productive work week,

Sincerely,

Harold M. Reed, M.D.
305-865-2000
Old April 1st, 2012

Will have one interesting article on Badylak.

http://bioengineersatwork.blogspot.c...new-limbs.html
Old April 1st, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by circedasanadult View Post
The latest post from Dr Reeds blog was posted on 31st March 2012, copied below:

Patient interested in Acell foreskin regeneration
March 25, 2012

Hello Dr. Reed, I wanted to apologize for flooding you with questions. You’re a doctor, not a therapist. How can I make a consultation appointment? I wish to know whether or not an Acell foreskin is an exact regeneration of what was cut off? Thank you, ill pay the 250

Jasmus

March 26, 2012

Good morning Jasmus,

Thank you for your continued interest.

At this time we are following our first patient, and perhaps best to wait and see how he does. So far his recovery looks good, but he is less than 2 weeks out and the Acell rep says it will take 45 plus days to see skin as was there before. The head of the penis covered with his own shaft skin, and that part looks fine. We are focusing in on replacement of the denuded shaft, that portion that underwent skin advancement over the glans or head.

Have a productive work week,

Sincerely,

Harold M. Reed, M.D.
305-865-2000
So this man is going to have his foreskin the way it was as he was never circ'd?

Complete regeneration?
Old April 2nd, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1992 View Post
So this man is going to have his foreskin the way it was as he was never circ'd?

Complete regeneration?
No. This method is very similar to the method developed over two thousand years ago, however, this procedure will hopefully regenerate the epithelial tissue, or outter skin of the penis. The primary advantage of this technique is that it does not use any scrotal tissue to accomplish this goal. Many of us would not really have enough scrotal tissue to even consider surgical reconstruction, and if we did we would have very little scrotal tissue left. I do see it as a huge move forward, even though it does not regenerate the erogenous tissue. It would be interesting to know what would happen if this technique was ued to regenerate the mucosal tissue. I suspect that will be the next step and would require the incision to be placed at the circumcision scar, rather than at the base of the penis. At least that's how I understand the procedure. We'll just have to wait for the results. I feel this is one of the most interesting moments in modern medicine for many reasons. If this procedure is successful it will offer hope to men who have lost all of the shaft skin due to circumcision. I believe there are more out there than we might suspect.
Old April 2nd, 2012
Dreammagii

I wouldnt have thought that the debriding would occur at the base of the penis? If it does the stem cells that are recruited to the vascalarised site by the Acell will only regrow the skin that is already there as per the body's blueprint held in the cells. As in there is no missing skin at the base.
I think they debride at the circ scar location? But i may be wrong. Im very interested to find out more...
Guys is there any value in a small group of us interested in a month (at the end of the 45 day period of healing) raising $250 for a consult with Dr Reed, and requesting photo's, and have a log of questions from the group prepared, and recording the conversation to distribute around our group, to help knowledge sharing?
I could contribute $50 of the $250, are there 4 others interested?
Old April 2nd, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammagii View Post
I wouldnt have thought that the debriding would occur at the base of the penis? If it does the stem cells that are recruited to the vascalarised site by the Acell will only regrow the skin that is already there as per the body's blueprint held in the cells. As in there is no missing skin at the base.
I think they debride at the circ scar location? But i may be wrong. Im very interested to find out more...
Guys is there any value in a small group of us interested in a month (at the end of the 45 day period of healing) raising $250 for a consult with Dr Reed, and requesting photo's, and have a log of questions from the group prepared, and recording the conversation to distribute around our group, to help knowledge sharing?
I hope you're right. I was in hopes that if the skin was separated at the circ scar that the new tissue would be half epithelial and half mucosal. This would be ideal....I think.
I have $50 lying around if you wanna do this. Would we simply send the money to Reed? Lemme know your plan.
Old April 2nd, 2012

there is no need to pay.
it will put the photos on his site certainly.
like any other.
if the wind picture it is not serious.
you pay if you want a personalized consultation.
Otherwise, I pay me $ 250 and I give you free.
Old April 2nd, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammagii View Post
The good doctor wouldn't be able to show photos, that would breach patient confidentiality. Nor would he be able to discuss a particular patient for the same reason.

You posting the contents of a consultation would probably have his legal senses tingling, just because that is the way lawsuits start.

If this works then the doctor would likely discuss the results in general with diagrams for free, just the way doctors present new surgical techniques to their peers at conferences, or in this case that is how Dr. Reed would find prospective patients.

Just be patient and I'm sure the answers will be forthcoming.