Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > METHODS > - Surgical Reconstruction and Regenerative Medicine
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #291  
Old March 30th, 2012
LoveShy LoveShy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 176
Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronofusion View Post
im kind of curious. does the.shaft skin have nerve endings?
even though this is not what i hoped for, im glad people are working on regenerating the foreskins. (even tho its just a part of it)
Not the specialized ones that we refer to the foreskin having, no.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old March 30th, 2012
StemCellMan StemCellMan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 23
Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

I for one look forward to seeing any pictures that surface of this new and groundbreaking regenerative procedure. Think of it as a prototype for Foregen in which only the outer shaft skin layer is regenerated. We may have several other tissues to build, but at least this outer skin layer was grown and implanted without using a horrible scrotal graft.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old March 31st, 2012
circedasanadult circedasanadult is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 51
Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

The latest post from Dr Reeds blog was posted on 31st March 2012, copied below:

Patient interested in Acell foreskin regeneration
March 25, 2012



Hello Dr. Reed, I wanted to apologize for flooding you with questions. You’re a doctor, not a therapist. How can I make a consultation appointment? I wish to know whether or not an Acell foreskin is an exact regeneration of what was cut off? Thank you, ill pay the 250

Jasmus

March 26, 2012



Good morning Jasmus,

Thank you for your continued interest.



At this time we are following our first patient, and perhaps best to wait and see how he does. So far his recovery looks good, but he is less than 2 weeks out and the Acell rep says it will take 45 plus days to see skin as was there before. The head of the penis covered with his own shaft skin, and that part looks fine. We are focusing in on replacement of the denuded shaft, that portion that underwent skin advancement over the glans or head.

Have a productive work week,



Sincerely,

Harold M. Reed, M.D.
305-865-2000
__________________
You can make foreskin regeneration possible, support Foregen.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old April 1st, 2012
atfman atfman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 209
Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

Will have one interesting article on Badylak.

http://bioengineersatwork.blogspot.c...new-limbs.html
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old April 1st, 2012
kevin1992 kevin1992 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: netherlands
Posts: 560
Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by circedasanadult View Post
The latest post from Dr Reeds blog was posted on 31st March 2012, copied below:

Patient interested in Acell foreskin regeneration
March 25, 2012



Hello Dr. Reed, I wanted to apologize for flooding you with questions. You’re a doctor, not a therapist. How can I make a consultation appointment? I wish to know whether or not an Acell foreskin is an exact regeneration of what was cut off? Thank you, ill pay the 250

Jasmus

March 26, 2012



Good morning Jasmus,

Thank you for your continued interest.



At this time we are following our first patient, and perhaps best to wait and see how he does. So far his recovery looks good, but he is less than 2 weeks out and the Acell rep says it will take 45 plus days to see skin as was there before. The head of the penis covered with his own shaft skin, and that part looks fine. We are focusing in on replacement of the denuded shaft, that portion that underwent skin advancement over the glans or head.

Have a productive work week,



Sincerely,

Harold M. Reed, M.D.
305-865-2000
So this man is going to have his foreskin the way it was as he was never circ'd?

Complete regeneration?
__________________
From holland/netherlands
If you wanne chat, PM me
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old April 2nd, 2012
jeff71913's Avatar
jeff71913 jeff71913 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas.
Posts: 846
Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1992 View Post
So this man is going to have his foreskin the way it was as he was never circ'd?

Complete regeneration?
No. This method is very similar to the method developed over two thousand years ago, however, this procedure will hopefully regenerate the epithelial tissue, or outter skin of the penis. The primary advantage of this technique is that it does not use any scrotal tissue to accomplish this goal. Many of us would not really have enough scrotal tissue to even consider surgical reconstruction, and if we did we would have very little scrotal tissue left. I do see it as a huge move forward, even though it does not regenerate the erogenous tissue. It would be interesting to know what would happen if this technique was ued to regenerate the mucosal tissue. I suspect that will be the next step and would require the incision to be placed at the circumcision scar, rather than at the base of the penis. At least that's how I understand the procedure. We'll just have to wait for the results. I feel this is one of the most interesting moments in modern medicine for many reasons. If this procedure is successful it will offer hope to men who have lost all of the shaft skin due to circumcision. I believe there are more out there than we might suspect.
__________________
jeffrey
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old April 2nd, 2012
dreammagii dreammagii is offline
Dreammagii
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 52
Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

I wouldnt have thought that the debriding would occur at the base of the penis? If it does the stem cells that are recruited to the vascalarised site by the Acell will only regrow the skin that is already there as per the body's blueprint held in the cells. As in there is no missing skin at the base.
I think they debride at the circ scar location? But i may be wrong. Im very interested to find out more...
Guys is there any value in a small group of us interested in a month (at the end of the 45 day period of healing) raising $250 for a consult with Dr Reed, and requesting photo's, and have a log of questions from the group prepared, and recording the conversation to distribute around our group, to help knowledge sharing?
I could contribute $50 of the $250, are there 4 others interested?
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old April 2nd, 2012
jeff71913's Avatar
jeff71913 jeff71913 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas.
Posts: 846
Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammagii View Post
I wouldnt have thought that the debriding would occur at the base of the penis? If it does the stem cells that are recruited to the vascalarised site by the Acell will only regrow the skin that is already there as per the body's blueprint held in the cells. As in there is no missing skin at the base.
I think they debride at the circ scar location? But i may be wrong. Im very interested to find out more...
Guys is there any value in a small group of us interested in a month (at the end of the 45 day period of healing) raising $250 for a consult with Dr Reed, and requesting photo's, and have a log of questions from the group prepared, and recording the conversation to distribute around our group, to help knowledge sharing?
I could contribute $50 of the $250, are there 4 others interested?
I hope you're right. I was in hopes that if the skin was separated at the circ scar that the new tissue would be half epithelial and half mucosal. This would be ideal....I think.
I have $50 lying around if you wanna do this. Would we simply send the money to Reed? Lemme know your plan.
__________________
jeffrey
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old April 2nd, 2012
atfman atfman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 209
Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

there is no need to pay.
it will put the photos on his site certainly.
like any other.
if the wind picture it is not serious.
you pay if you want a personalized consultation.
Otherwise, I pay me $ 250 and I give you free.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old April 2nd, 2012
alphanorth alphanorth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 120
Default Re: Regenerative Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammagii View Post
I wouldnt have thought that the debriding would occur at the base of the penis? If it does the stem cells that are recruited to the vascalarised site by the Acell will only regrow the skin that is already there as per the body's blueprint held in the cells. As in there is no missing skin at the base.
I think they debride at the circ scar location? But i may be wrong. Im very interested to find out more...
Guys is there any value in a small group of us interested in a month (at the end of the 45 day period of healing) raising $250 for a consult with Dr Reed, and requesting photo's, and have a log of questions from the group prepared, and recording the conversation to distribute around our group, to help knowledge sharing?
I could contribute $50 of the $250, are there 4 others interested?
The good doctor wouldn't be able to show photos, that would breach patient confidentiality. Nor would he be able to discuss a particular patient for the same reason.

You posting the contents of a consultation would probably have his legal senses tingling, just because that is the way lawsuits start.

If this works then the doctor would likely discuss the results in general with diagrams for free, just the way doctors present new surgical techniques to their peers at conferences, or in this case that is how Dr. Reed would find prospective patients.

Just be patient and I'm sure the answers will be forthcoming.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.