Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 12th, 2012

Default do any intact guys find oral painful (glans)?

I am circumcised. I have had oral sex from girls and I have found that while I enjoy having the frenular area stimulated, I really don't like having the glans stimulated. In fact it can get quite uncomfortable.
Recenlty I received oral sex and it was not very good. Somewhat painful in fact. I remembered I have felt this way before, with girls who aren't so good at this. She wasn't doing anything "wrong" (i.e. there was no teeth, nor anything unusual going on that I could tell), but just hitting the wrong spots. For example, for some of it, she was facing horizontally, stimulating both sides of the glans and corona, instead of vertically where I would feel the frenular area stimulated. When my glans is stimulated, or the corona, it felt raw and sensitive to touch, and I wanted it to stop. It was not enjoyable at all, in any sexual sense.

So my question is, how sensitive are the glanses of you intact guys out there? Do intact guys have oversensitive glans (discomfort during a blowjob, say) or is it usually OK to be stimulated there? The reason I ask is that in this great video on foreskin anatomy, the researcher talks about how the penis is actually designed to reduce sensations from the glans when aroused, to prevent feelings of discomfort. This effect doesn't function as well in the circumcised male, because not enough sensory information is trasmitting to the spinal cord, since the foreskin (which would normally transmit a lot of information) is missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD2yW7AaZFw "Anatomy of the Penis: Penile and Foreskin Neurology"

"The pain and temperature, the very simple protective and rather unpleasant sensation that comes from glans when it's at rest, is turned off by this drive from the foreskin, because of inhibitory endoneurons in the spinal cord. In otherwords, when you have enough cascade of sensation driving into the cord, it sets off inhibitory neurons that inhibit the input from the glans. Men don't feel anything in their glans, because they wouldn't want to.
So what happens then in the circumcised man?
When orgasm occurs, and the foreskin sensory drive begins to tail off, there isn't enough of it (there's less than 50% of it of course) to maintain the inhibition of the glans, and suddenly they feel the most unpleasant sensation of the glans and an instant stop of motion. They've either withdrawn from their female partner, or if they're still inserted, they say "for heaven's sake stop, don't move, I can't bear it", and this is a very common feature in circumcised men."

Presumably, if intact guys' foreskins are transmitting enough sensory information when aroused, the sensation from their glans could be more inhibited, and they will not feel this same discomfort that I feel when the glans/corona is directly stimulated.
Comments?
Old April 12th, 2012

Default Re: do any intact guys find oral painful (glans)?

Been reading this forum this week, and decided to register just to respond to this. Yes, my current girlfriend gave me oral a couple times and it felt more painful than anything. I wasn't sure what was wrong, but now I'm sure it's because I'm circumcised. Like you said, the frenulum area was the most pleasurable, but when she touched the glans it felt wrong.
Old April 13th, 2012

It shouldn't be painful. Maybe they're young chicks that don't know how to do it right?
Old April 13th, 2012

There's no "right" way to give a blow job, only what the people involved like. And not every man enjoys receiving oral sex either. Perhaps the two posters above just happen to be two men who don't enjoy that particular type of stimulation.
Old April 14th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
There's no "right" way to give a blow job, only what the people involved like. And not every man enjoys receiving oral sex either. Perhaps the two posters above just happen to be two men who don't enjoy that particular type of stimulation.
No, I very much enjoy oral sex.

My point simply was to ask intact and other cut guys if they also experience discomfort from having their glans/corona stimulated. I would appreciate feedback on this point from anyone reading.
Old April 14th, 2012

The glans has many protopathic or free nerve endings to detect pain and temperature. The corona of the glans has the encapsulated nerve endings that send pleasure signals to the brain. (Cut men often complain of the unpleasant or painful contact of the glans with clothing.) In an intact penis the ridged band/frenulum signals seem to cancel any pain signals form the glans. I have been told by an intact person that touching the intact glans before erection is unpleasant, even painful. While cut men like oral sex (for what is a compensatory behavior) because it gives pleasure through the corona and frenulum remnant, oral is obviously much more pleasurable for the man with the complete apparatus. (See Ken McGrath's explanation at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD2yW7AaZFw)
Old April 14th, 2012

And here I've heard some blind pro-circs swear up and down that the most useful sexual nerve endings are in the glans.

God, as if I didn't have enough of a reason to be depressed about this.
Old April 14th, 2012
I didn't ask for this.

Perhaps the girl was too aggressive? I'm not intact, but restoring. Oral sex has only improved for me. Granted, I have been with the same woman since I started restoring, and we have communicated in all matters of sexual stimuli. Maybe you should experiment with your partner(s) and tell them to stop something you don't like, or suggest something you think you would prefer. You shouldn't feel like calling the whole thing off, but rather comment and/or suggest something she could adjust to suit to your preference.

It's always good to share thoughts like this with those you are intimate with.
Consider it.
Old April 15th, 2012

Technique definitively matters. I've once been with ladies that would carve their teeth on my glans (who knows, maybe their mouth was too small) and it wasn't nice. It happens on the corresponding side too: different women will need different kinds of stimulation of their labia, vagina and clit, some need it done very softly, other prefer it rough as it goes. Some don't enjoy fingering, some love it. I don't see how it can feel bad as long as it's done right.
Old April 15th, 2012

Any sort of light pressure + stroking on my glands feels mildly painful yet pleasurable at the same time. I can only withstand slow strokes over my glans, otherwise it just hurts. I'm circumcised by the way. I'd imagine having a foreskin reduces the direct friction along the glans during the outstroke, making oral sex and sex in general more pleasurable.