Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 12th, 2012

Default Could Use Some Advice From Those Already De-Circumcised

Hello all,

I have been restoring for almost a week now and even in this short span of time, my progress has been incredible! I have gained WAY more sensitivity in my penis than I could ever have imagined, and I have moved from a solid 2 (on the Coverage Index) to a 2.5! My glans has also become shiny and smoother and I'm probably about 1/3 of the way de-keratinized!

I am using the YourSkin cone during my classes (about 5 hours every day), and using the cone in combination with the TLC X for the remaining 19 hours when not showering, exercising or that other thing . This quite possibly is the best $100 I have ever spent in my life!

However, as I am always a healthy skeptic, I am wondering if there is a trade-off for this current (insanely) fast progress, and that would be the restoration process slowing way down with time to compensate for my current fast progress. Obviously, I would not want that to happen and it would be a huge inconvenience since I am going for at least a Coverage Index of 6.5 or 7.

Can any "veteran" restorers fill me in on whether or not I have anything to worry about? Is my progress just really good and I can get back my foreskin in another 7 or 8 months (at my current rate)? Or will I end up like most guys who are restoring and need a full year-or two?

Thanks!!
Old April 12th, 2012
Veteran Restorer Back to Finish the Job!

Thumbs up Chill Out!~ You're fine! Enjoy it!

Hey Mado.....
Grizzled Veteran here!
Been restoring for about 237 years now! (ok...so that's an exaggeration!)...I did the of and on thing for far too long...I never had super fast progress but others have! There are many variables...
Having insanely fast progress in the beginning is a wonderful motivator..the only possible down side is that it can get you expecting that progress rate..and when/if it slows it could be a real bummer. But enjoy it while it lasts..and hope that it continues until you've reached your goals.

if you're not hurting yourself, or causing pain, or damage to the skin...then I see no reason why a good, fast pace isn't awesome! (want to share your tips with me? I've got 4 more CI steps to take before I'm satified).

Keep up whatever you're doing! It sounds like it's working its magic!
Feel free to PM me with any questions or anything!
Old April 15th, 2012

Default Re: Could Use Some Advice From Those Already De-Circumcised

Most of us have seen a quick decrease in the rate of what appears growing new skin. Unfortunately, it takes a long time to multiply the cells which make the new growth. At the very beginning, most of the visible expansion is caused by stretching. But stretching is not permanent. Only newly grown skin will be permanent.
Please, do not use this comment to discourage you: many lucky men do grow skin in a short time, but for some of us (including myself), it is a matter of many months or years, and the changes are so slow that it takes good measurements or pictures to even realize that a change is taking place. At this moment, enjoy the elation of knowing that you are making a change, and if your rate of growth should slow down, you have a feeling for the future benefits to keep you motivated.
With my best wishes on your restoration.
Alfred.
Old April 15th, 2012
Administrator

Great progress! I hope it continues.

However, I have consistently under estimated how much longer my restoration would take. By a lot. Reports seem to be pretty consistent that in the first few weeks, progress seems very fast, then tapers off. Probably due to the tissues gaining mobility and elongating.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old April 17th, 2012

Thanks for the info, guys! It's very much appreciated, and Alfred is right in that even if it takes 10 years to fully restore my foreskin (knock on wood!), the improved sensations alone are enough to make it so that I can tolerate having to put on the Tugger X and cone every day.

It's been close to just two weeks now of my restoration process, and I'm finding that my remaining skin is so elastic and stretchy that I'm going to have to switch over to the 4.5" long rod rather than keep using the 3" long rod if I want to keep making progress! Plus, I've also noticed that my glans is producing a sweet, intense scent that I can only presume stems from the increased dampness of it being covered in a protective sheath of skin all day long (not a moldy smell or anything, it's just like a natural body scent). And my glans is getting shinier and softer with every passing day

I gotta say, I'm surprised at how quickly my body is adapting to all this sudden change...I would think that for 18 years of being exposed to clothing and being "toughened", it would take a little while for my penis to adapt, but apparently not! (And dear God, I hope it stays that way until I'm done with restoration!!)

Take care and see you around the forums!
Old April 17th, 2012
Veteran Restorer Back to Finish the Job!

That's awesome! Thanks for the smile!
Old April 17th, 2012

Location: Detroit. Been to NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle, & Ann Arbor, Michigan

Not to worry. There's is no down side to initial fantastic restoration progress. Sometimes a guy will just start off doing everything right - using a device and tension that produces all the right vibes for tissue growth - right off the bat.

I was one of them too. I restored using the T-tape and strap method tugging up-and-to-the-side to a jock strap waistband. My initial progress was so fast that I first made telephone contact with a NORM Coordinator to ask if there was something wrong, just as you have asked here.

The only downside is when the rapid progress suddenly slows. This often happens after a period of about 3 months. No one really understands why this is so, but many restorers have reported the 3-month grace period when progress was phenomenal.

The only way you may be engaged in a self-deception regarding progress is if your tugging is pulling the entire outer covering of your penis forward to give apparent progress. By pulling the entire covering of your penis forward, I mean something like what is pictured in Fig. 1 of the paper on "Celsus's Decircumcision Operation" in the CIRP Library, but without the surgical incision made near the base of the penis. In our case, stretching alone would occur at where the incision is pictured. I think I did this with some of the high tensions I used. The skin of my pubic mons pulled forward a bit unto my shaft. But when I stopped tugging, it went back, giving me some apparent shrinkage.

Ref. Celsus's Decircumcision Operation
http://www.cirp.org/library/restoration/rubin/

David
World As Monkey Island
Old April 18th, 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Science Monk View Post
the rapid progress suddenly slows. This often happens after a period of about 3 months. No one really understands why
My theory is that the initial apparent gain is due to improvements in mobility and due to skin stretching (and some growth). After the first couple months the growth continues after the other effects have topped out. When you stop tugging the skin stretch will revert, leaving the growth.