Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > Health Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health Club Non-restoring topics including Mens Health and Mental Health

Old April 26th, 2012

Default How the corporations are affecting your reproductive health

The Disappearing Male is a documentary about one of the most important, and least publicized, issues facing the human species: the toxic threat to the male reproductive system. The last few decades have seen steady and dramatic increases in the incidence of boys and young men suffering from genital deformities, low sperm count, sperm abnormalities and testicular cancer. At the same time, boys are now far more at risk of suffering from ADHD, autism, Tourette's syndrome, cerebral palsy, and dyslexia. The Disappearing Male takes a close and disturbing look at what many doctors and researchers now suspect are responsible for many of these problems: a class of common chemicals that are ubiquitous in our world. Found in everything from shampoo, sunglasses, meat and dairy products, carpet, cosmetics and baby bottles, they are called "hormone mimicking" or "endocrine disrupting" chemicals and they may be starting to damage the most basic building blocks of human development.

Link here: http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=CC...ED9BBBB4C0D5BB
Learn more at: http://www.youtube.com/user/DianeDi?feature=mhee

Warning: Contains medical nudity.

EDIT: After some searching I stumbled across a natural remedies article that lists some BPA reversing treatments.
http://www.naturalnews.com/033993_BPA_protection.html
http://naturalsociety.com/the-bpa-so...e-the-effects/

Last edited by DrBonesaw; April 27th, 2012 at 10:44.
Old May 9th, 2012
We are finally Pregnant!..Hoping for a baby boy!

Default Re: How the corporations are affecting your reproductive health

I was born in 1972 suffered an undescended testicle and have poor fertility..

I think my parents used lots of BPA in plastics. My wife and I are removing plastics from our lives as a result. We eat and buy Organic food and clothing and products often.

Sad...but my reality. BPA's screwed up my life.
Colorado
Old May 9th, 2012
Administrator

What's even sadder is that industries haven't hesitated to use these chemicals without fully understanding their effects. BPA has only become widely known as problematic in the last 5 years, but it's been used for decades in all sorts of products made for everyday use. Fortunately in the last couple years, companies have started removing it in products designed for children…SPAM SPAMbut it's just a start.
Old May 9th, 2012

that really opened my eyes the sad thing is that in 20,30 or even 50 years from now when we see what we did wrong it will be to late to do anything about it that is why we need to do something now
Old May 10th, 2012

I actually learned about this in my Biology class about ecology. There is a lot more estrogen in our current life time and all men have about a third of the sperm production as most of our grandfathers. This is also responsible for girls getting their periods at a much younger age. Random fact, but surely its something that is interesting.

I suppose a few decades ago it was the norm to just use a substance/chemicals without really digging in deep enough to truly find out it has any other harmful effects. DDT would be an example and how that may kill certain species. I even think a lot of the industries still do this today however.
Old May 13th, 2012

Businesses are in business for profit. Unfortunately, few business leaders show any awareness about the side effects of their decisions, and by the time government regulations pass through the court challenges, the damage is done.
Old May 15th, 2012

I saw a documentary about a study done somewhere in Missouri a while back. The researchers tested sperm counts of men living in the major metro areas vs. those living in rural areas. They expected the sperm counts of men living in the city to be lower, but it was actually the reverse. The men living in the rural areas had lower sperm counts, and they hypothesized that it was because of closer proximity to the spraying of agricultural chemicals. I remember going through rural Illinois once and literally getting sick to my stomach from the intense chemical smell coming off of the fields.
Old May 24th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by z726 View Post
What's even sadder is that industries haven't hesitated to use these chemicals without fully understanding their effects. BPA has only become widely known as problematic in the last 5 years, but it's been used for decades in all sorts of products made for everyday use. Fortunately in the last couple years, companies have started removing it in products designed for children…SPAM SPAMbut it's just a start.
Actually, the detrimental side effects of BPA have been documented for several years now. The U.S. is the last fully developed country to allow its use. In the EU it is banned completely. It speaks to the power, money and influence of the chemical industry (they're not alone) who put profits over public health.
Old May 26th, 2012
To Build a Mountain Takes a Long Long Time

Interesting side note, endocrine disruptors like BPA can inhibit DNA methylation, an important process your DNA uses to inactivate certain sequences of itself. If you expose mice to BPA, their offspring will show unhealthy phenotypes because of their DNA's failure to inactivate lethal genes in utero. However, you can protect against this by feeding the mice a diet rich in certain amino acids, specifically folates and choline.

The point of which I guess is for to you tell anyone you know who's pregnant to take folate supplements.

A lot of this stuff comes from the herbicides and fertilizers we use to grow food. Necessary for survival, but ultimately poisoning our water supply.

I think it's kind of fitting, honestly. We'll lose our ability to overpopulate this planet because of the technology we made to get to this point in the first place.

If these trends continue, I wonder if we'll see more developments in the field of self-determination rights for intersex people, as we'll start to see more of them. Xenoestrogens tend to produce ambiguous genitalia, after all. It's already happening among certain fish populations.
Old May 27th, 2012

Quote:
The point of which I guess is for to you tell anyone you know who's pregnant to take folate supplements.
Hahaha, posting in a topic about dangers of products of USA industries, and you recommend a supplement that is useless and dangerous. The irony

Get folate from foods instead. Easy to find in dark leafy greens like collards, swiss chard, spinach; asparagus, liver, eggs, crab (mussels, clams, etc)... best to start getting good nutrition before even getting pregnant. Nutrient rich foods instead of empty food like bread and cereals/pasta...

The more choline she eats the less folate she needs. Let me repeat, the more choline she gets, the less folate she needs. Choline rich foods, liver (chicken or veal liver tastes nicer than beef), egg yolks, butter, cod fish for example.

Speaking of endocrine disruptions in men and women like BPA bottles and pesticides, might want to stay away from soy products, unless we're talking about real fermented soy (sauce/beans) every once in a while.

To healthy babies!