Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > METHODS > - Bi-Directional Tensioning
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

- Bi-Directional Tensioning TLC-X, CAT II, DTR

Old April 28th, 2012

Default Not applying DTR properly?

edit: whoops, I guess this better fits "Methods -> Bi-directional tension"

Hi,

I'm restoring since October 2011 with my DTR but I think I'm not applying it correctly, I've watched the vid on foreskinrestore.net (DTR website) and he simply has far more skin than I do to begin with, so his method does not work for me,

I've also watched a vid here somewhere but I'm not sure that's right either, I'm barely gaining any skin

I'm about a CI 2.5, how am I supposed to apply the DTR?

also it keeps sliding off, even after cleaning both my skin, the gripper and the DTR itself, with 1 rubber band it's fine but with 2 it'll slide off,

I try to use two bands because with 1 there isn't much tension...
Old April 28th, 2012

Default Re: Not applying DTR properly?

I would suggest the double gripper method. I have found that using that method works quite well to prevent slipping. Also, I've discovered that using a wide gripper on the outside when using the double gripper method increase grip and comfort.
Old May 4th, 2012

When I started out, I was around CI-2, and had a little trouble with my DTR. But after a few weeks, the skin loosened and grew enough so that I had a much easier time putting it on. Be patient, you will get there. Try tugging mode before you begin bi-directional, that will help train your skin.

Currently I'm about 18 months in wearing on a daily basis for several hours at varying tensions. I've found that keeping things neat and clean helps with gripping of course. But there are some things that have been critical for my comfort and success with extending wearing. I always make sure that both my penis and DTR are completely air dried before I put it on. Excess moisture does not help. And then throughout the day, I always make sure not to dribble any urine on the glans or shaft/foreskin remnant, and always dab with toilet paper before putting it back on. If urine touches the skin, it will keep the skin moist and slippery, and makes gripping significantly less successful.

Keep at it, its a goal very much worth the hard work and journey.
Old May 11th, 2012

how exactly is tugging different from bi-di if I may ask? I keep seeing people recommending me to tug yet it only seems more clumsy, does it apply different tension?

could you please explain why I should tug before using bi-di?
Old May 11th, 2012

I have very greasy, sweaty skin and the dtr slips off of me on hot days. To remedy this I first wash myself and the dtr with dawn soap to remove grease and then I dry. Then I dust myself and the dtr with baby powder and apply. It works great and holds all day.
Old May 12th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootype2crazy View Post
I have very greasy, sweaty skin and the dtr slips off of me on hot days. To remedy this I first wash myself and the dtr with dawn soap to remove grease and then I dry. Then I dust myself and the dtr with baby powder and apply. It works great and holds all day.
I also wash myself and the DTR before applying it, with 2 grippers it won't come off but after 2 hours or so it hurts like hell!

I've solved my problem by just applying 2 grippers, I usually put the smooth one over the one with the holes.
Old May 12th, 2012
bsidney

I read the other advice and will use some of it myself. I use the fixed tension instead of the rubber bands when I get between 1 and 2 rubber bands, Sometimes 1 rubber band isn't enough tension and 2 is too much. The fixed tension bolts work for me then.
Old May 13th, 2012

If one rubber band isnt enough and 2 is too much then I would recommend either set screw OR use one band and a longer rod. With a longer rod the single band is stretched further putting more tension on it. Double grip is also very nice.
Old May 14th, 2012

Are you using a ton of tension? I'm kind of between 1 & 2 elastics for tension required as well. I've found a way to help out an underpowered elastic. I pinch the knob the elastics are secured to and the end of the rod forcing the pusher down to maximum tension. If i use too much tension it'll slip, if i find the happy medium, the elastic will be able to hold the pusher that far in if I kind of plow the way for it.

Not sure if its a bad batch of elastics or if the growing skin tube requires more tension every month. I used to use an elastic for 4-5 days, now they seem to get "white" and lose elasticity after a 2-3 days. now that i have a bunch of worn down ones, i use two worn down ones or a new one and a worn down one to get a better tension.