Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 28th, 2012
Super Junior Member

Exclamation Circumcision stunting penis growth???

I recently read a page that said, "The overhang of babies provides extra skin for the penis to grow into as the child matures." so could this mean that with the addition overhang + no foreskin = insufficient skin to grow into? And that the tightness of the skin around the penis could stunt some of the growth resulting in a shorter penis!?

very curious idea indeed, opinions please!

(If your wondering the page was http://www.coloradonocirc.org/files/...d_Function.pdf at the bottom of page 10.)
Old June 28th, 2012
Administrator

Default Re: Circumcision stunting penis growth???

If you mean that the tight skin could prevent the the inner parts (corpeous cavernosa etc) of the penis from growing as long as they would have otherwise, I think this could happen in some cases.

But I think this effect would be relatively small compared to the effect of the tight skin simply keeping the penis form extending out as far as it could if it had more skin.

But I am speculating.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old June 28th, 2012
Super Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_b View Post
If you mean that the tight skin could prevent the the inner parts (corpeous cavernosa etc) of the penis from growing as long as they would have otherwise, I think this could happen in some cases.

But I think this effect would be relatively small compared to the effect of the tight skin simply keeping the penis form extending out as far as it could if it had more skin.

But I am speculating.

Regards
Yea, definitely.
I know restorers who once they started getting more slack in their penis, it increased their length while erect!
which occured to me it may have also stunted some growth at the same time
Old July 1st, 2012

I seriously doubt it, as in my extreme case for example it just drew tons of skin from abdomen & scrotum (aka turkey neck), with super tight skin overall.

Been restoring consistently for 9 months now, no FEC yet but went at least 1/2" up length erect. (skin is still tight around base, I'd say about 1/2" left)
Old July 3rd, 2012

I believe it can and does.
Old July 8th, 2012

Actually, I did read an article from a medical journal once that compared uncircumcised vs circumcised men. It appears that overall, that uncut penises are larger than cut penises. There probably is a detrimental effect of getting cut when it comes to size. It isn't a huge difference, but in this one study it was statistically significant.
Old July 9th, 2012

I believe so (based on my own experience). My erection always feels restricted by my skin and all my skin from my scrotum hair is pulled up. I think my penis would be at the very least .5" longer if not for circumcision.
Old July 9th, 2012

Penis. Reduction. Surgery.
Very prevelant in a certain country where everyone wants everything bigger. Bigger tv's. Bigger trucks. Bigger movie explosions. Bigger biceps. Bigger boobs. Bigger Big Macs. Bigger Cocks. How they ever got everyone to agree to this will never stop astounding me.
Old July 10th, 2012
Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antibunk View Post
Penis. Reduction. Surgery.
Very prevelant in a certain country where everyone wants everything bigger. Bigger tv's. Bigger trucks. Bigger movie explosions. Bigger biceps. Bigger boobs. Bigger Big Macs. Bigger Cocks. How they ever got everyone to agree to this will never stop astounding me.
You mean Texas?
Old July 11th, 2012

Location: Detroit. Been to NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle, & Ann Arbor, Michigan

The penis of many circumcised males seems to be stunted - never achieving its full dimensions during puberty.

This is really obvious if you look and the "soft-hard" galleries at the Erection Photos web site.
http://www.erectionphotos.com/

Enter the site >> click on soft-hard in the upper menu bar.

Some circ'd males end up with what is sometimes referred to in gay parlance as a "rosebud dick," that is, a short fat penis that pokes forward through a spray of pubic hair rather than hanging down. This is readily seen in the first few "soft-hard galleries."

In their landmark 1999 paper, Drs. Christopher J. Cold and John R. Taylor noted:
"It has been observed that the flaccid penis in circumcised males tends to hang less vertically than in those with complete anatomy. The loss of dartos muscle support may explain the difference. Certainly, the loss of most of the penile dartos muscle makes the penis less able to make positional adjustments during erection and with temperature changes.
http://www.cirp.org/library/anatomy/cold-taylor/

Micropenis is also found only in the photos of circ'd males' penises in the "soft-hard" galleries.

A case of "buried penis" is presented in the Scarring Section of the Bothed Galleries on circumstitions.com
http://www.circumstitions.com/Botched2.html#scar

David
World As Monkey Island