Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 30th, 2012

Default Erotic electrostimulation (e-stim) might replicate 100% intact nerve endings

Hello all,

I'm bringing this up because like you I'm dismayed by my serious dearth of erotic nerve endings--HOWEVER, a healthcare pro mentioned recently that nerves could be stimulated electrically. This is similar to a TENS device, which is basically electrically-based medical shock therapy. The application of low level electrical energy to a nerve mimics input provided by nerve endings, as the interaction between nerve ending and brain is an act of relaying electric potential energy.

The skin on the genitals is fairly thin compared to other parts of the body (I know, I know, the thinnest and most sensitive part is gone). But consider this: the foreskin and glans are mostly innervated by the penile dorsal nerve, which runs all along the top of the penis and branches nerve endings out to all the overlying tissue. If you stimulated your dorsal nerve with an Estim unit like those made by PES or Erostek, you could hypothetically turn up the power and give yourself a BIG dose of neural impulses BEHIND the scar tissue. If the electrical energy is going directly into the UNAMPUTATED section of the dorsal nerve, this would mimic (perhaps precisely) the sensation of feeling 100% of your intact nerve endings stimulated.

This stuff is expensive, but I've ordered some in the interests of checking this idea out. The primary goal of male and female genital cutting is to diminish erotic sensations. If it's possible to BYPASS the site at which the erotic nerves are ablated, you could experience enormous erotic feedback comparable to an intact male.

I will be the first to admit that this is an imperfect solution. It requires gear and isn't applicable during normal intimacy (although I gather some couples to E-stim together). However, until complete regeneration is possible (and I truly think it will be in the next 10 years) this route could provide a man with the sexual sensations ignorance has tried so desperately to deny us. I will keep you all in the loop!

I am most interested to ask if any men cut as adults have tried/could try Estim to see if the quantity of the sensation is a good approximation of what it was like to have 100% of your nerve endings.

Stop cutting babies!
Old September 30th, 2012

Default Re: Erotic electrostimulation (e-stim) might replicate 100% intact nerve endings

Haven't tried it, but no doubt it would work.

Similarly with erotic dreams.

In a conscious state, the brain (of a circumcised aware guy) 'knows' the penis has been altered, that the nerve endings are not there. Hence, corresponding sexual response and feeling.

What came first, chicken or egg?
Old October 1st, 2012

Default Re: Erotic electrostimulation (e-stim) might replicate 100% intact nerve endings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distalero View Post
I should've added: the word "hypothetically" isn't a word most of us here like to read in association with gizmos and our dicks. Especially powered gizmos that have to be implanted. Not to mention impractical for use in the everyday world. We're even iffy about the word "demonstrated", especially in association with the typical ad copy phrase you used: "health pro". Most of us like the word "proven", and we like it most when it's embedded in the result portion of a written abstract of a proper scientific study.

Just sayin'.
I get it. The equipment we're talking about rests on the surface of the skin but has enough current to stimulate nerves beneath. If you're like me and get almost no sensation from normal sexual activities then I think it's at least worth a shot. I'll let you know how it goes, but people who are into it say it really feels amazing. If there's even a slight chance that my penis could feel amazing instead of numb I'm going to check it out.
Old October 1st, 2012

This is an interesting idea. The brain is actually the most important sex organ in the body, the brain has to recieve the data from the genitals, then interperet it. By amputating sensory nerves in our genitals, it basically has the same effect as performing a lobotomy on the part of the brain that is responsible for interperting data from the foreskin. If an intact man had this specific lobotomy performed, for all intents and purpose who would be circumcised and would feel what a circumcised man does (even though his genitals would be intact).

But for us, our penis is not intact, but we do have an intact brain. So if we can find a way to stimulate the part of the brain that interprets data from the foreskin, then in theory the brain would be tricked into thinking you have a foreskin and you should be able to feel the same sensation.

If the specific parts of the brain could be stimulated in such a way (and I'm not sure if e-stim is capable of doing that) then I do think that the person would feel something. It would probably be similar to what an intact man feels, but not exactly the same. The foreskin has stretch receptors and can feel sensation as it is moves around. Stimulating specific parts of the brain won't replicate this sensation accurately (in theory it could if the technology and equipment was advanced enough, but there is nothing that can stimulate the exact parts of the brain so precisely to do this at the current level of technology) but it might be able to provide some additional stimulation that a circumcised man could not normally feel.

Everything I talked about above was theoretical (was not referring specifically to Estim, just the concept of manipulating the brain with technology). But Estim is not theoretical, it is a real product. I'm not sure if external stimulation from Estim could stimulate the exact parts of the brain in the precise way that is needed to feel what an intact man does. But possibly it could stimulate approximate parts of the brain in a somewhat random way, which could provide some additional sensation that you couldn't feel before. And it it works, even just a little, then it would be worth it.

Anyway, its an interesting idea. I am excited to hear some updates about how your experiment goes.
Old October 3rd, 2012

Distalero- long time since I've posted, but I'll add a little bit to what you said.

Micro current devices- which are what we need to talk about, not E-stim and other what-not -do indeed operate on the effect of interrupting nerve activity. Tens units do this, but Tens is really the original micro-current device. Their are others, like something called Alpha-Stim, which acts mostly at or below threshold of feeling. In other words, you're barely supposed to feel anything.

Now, that being said, Distalero, lets just try this concept from a slightly off-label approach. One thing that could go on is what has been observed as the principle of "bounce-back", which says that deliberate suppression of signal can, once the suppression is removed, create a consequential bounce-back of signal that in effect may exceed that of original baseline signal, i.e. an increase in feeling.

Now, that's a maybe. Might be worth a try, but not with PES or other stuff that rises well above threshold of awareness. That stuff, in fact, has been shown to damage feeling in the long-term, as the user must continuously up the shock to get the same response. You wanna talk about brain chemistry? We're talkin about opiate addiction now.

The principles, let alone the results, of below threshold E-stim are difficult to understand and even more difficult to prove.

I would say using a micro-current device on your penis would be beneficial, as it is also on your brain-stem (worn on the ear lobes with clips). This practice probably should be approached as brain-penis connective therapy, and could theoretically have merit.
Old October 4th, 2012

Meant to ask...whatever happened to Rumpleforeskin regeneration super-pac? Are they still accepting 10% of people's pay checks?
Old October 4th, 2012

Sounds like we're getting some clarity on the situation.

And since when are the Italian police something to call into the mix? Ah, nevermind.