Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 12th, 2013

Default Urologists/Dermatologists friendly to foreksin restoration

Hello all,

I know some of you have been engaging in physician assisted restoration. I was wanting to do the same thing as well. I think it would help heal the negativity I have towards the medical profession. The only thing is I want to take it a step further. I'd like to take measurements to determine the level of keratinization pre and post restored and brain scans to determine any quantitative or qualitative change in the brain.

It would be great to contribute to actual scientific evidence and not just an anecdote, seeing as one of intactivisms biggest criticisms is its use of anecdotal evidence.

Anyone know of a place to start? Totally not looking forward to being dismissed or worse, being sent for a psych eval.
Old May 12th, 2013

Default Re: Urologists/Dermatologists friendly to foreksin restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distalero View Post
Not sure I understand this at all:

1. How would a physician "assist" you in the actual process of restoration? It's all, the entire process, up to you. This happens to be one of it's strengths, actually.
That's what I was thinking. They're not going to help, and a restorer doesn't need their approval, so screw them. Also, just because one is a licensed doctor doesn't mean that they have a clue what they're doing. Most of us know more about foreskin anatomy and restoration than doctors with medical degrees that have been practicing for years.
Old May 12th, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distalero View Post
Not sure I understand this at all:

1. How would a physician "assist" you in the actual process of restoration? It's all, the entire process, up to you. This happens to be one of it's strengths, actually.

2. Keratinization is simply some dead mucosal cells, only a few cells thick in most cases, on near microscopic level at any rate ; why "measure" this, especially post restoration? Then it's only one cell thick. No big mystery, especially to Science. Cover your mucosa, dead cells are eventually sloughed off. Voila; move on.

3. No urologist or plastic surgeon will order a "brain scan" for any reason, not the least of which is because what you describe is research, not medical practice. Forget it.

Perhaps from the outside restoration looks daunting, and mixed with all sorts of issues, apparently for you including your admitted psychological issues, but once you get going, it all falls into place: tugging on skin to add enough new tissue to roll down into a tube. Some physiological changes happen during and after this process, but you need to get goin' first.
1. The 'support' would be prescription supplements. Hell, having a doctor prescribe the tugger. I have a health savings account to burn and thanks to obamacare I can only get the tax advantage with a prescription. I'd also like to raise doctor awareness to this issue.

2. Because the belief is that there is no difference cut or intact, the amount of keratin on the glans. Restorers here refer to dekeratinization as they restore. Doctors just say all it does is return the penis to a moist environment and there is no dekeratinization taking place.

3. I have never reached orgasm through stimulation from a partner, only through masturbation. I'd like to know if there is any change from the process of restoring. Otherwise the doctors are right and there really is no point in restoring.
Old May 13th, 2013

So is it safe to assume there is nothing that can be taken to speed up the tissue expansion? Any topical creams people use to moisturize add nothing to the process of tugging? Some restorers use Vitamin E oil, etc. I take that this is just wishful thinking?

My belief in that keratin levels are the same are from a medical study, not from some forum post. See here: http://www.circs.org/index.php/Library/Szabo. I am aware of the pro-circ nature of the site.

From the study:

"There is controversy about whether the epithelium of the glans in uncircumcised men is keratinised; some authors claim that it is not[15], but we have examined the glans of seven circumcised and six uncircumcised men, and found the epithelia to be equally keratinised."

What if that study also took into account 6-7 restored mens' keratin levels? But if keratin levels don't matter anyway, why the change in sensation for those restored? Is it due solely to the gliding action that the fauxskin provides, the fact that the glans is no longer subjected to the elements of dry air and clothing or a combination of both?

I am sorry if you felt I lumped you into "doctors." When I was cut in 1985 I would say the RIC rate was around 80% Now it is 56% Still a majority of male infants getting cut because of this BS surgical procedure. I don't have a lot of respect for the medical profession because my doctor violated Primum non nocere.

Basically I'm just thinking out loud. What research would it take to convince the medical profession and/or parents to see that circumcision isn't something to do unless medically necessary?
Old May 14th, 2013

Although not adding to the above dialogues, most doctors have never heard of foreskin restoration. Most of the medical schools still do not teach the anatomy, physiology, and function of the prepuce, and only rather recently have there been medical reports on the subject. Doctors do not have the time to read all publications, and have to depend either on abstracts, or worse, on suggestions from their associations. Every time a medical doctor is made aware and become interested in foreskin restoration, we go a long way.
Six weeks ago, during the sequences of mohs surgery by a new dermatologist, I was reading "The Ravenous Brain", by Daniel Bor. During the second surgery, the doctor asked some questions about the book, and seemed more curious about my preferences than I expected. When I was told that all the carcinoma had been removed, the doctor started the sutures, and I asked if he was familiar with tissue expansion. He right away said that I would not need any, which I knew. He also explained that it was not his field and only knew about the saline filled balloon methods. To which I explained that it would not work in my case, since it was for foreskin restoration. He looked surprised, asking foreskin restoration? I have never hear of it. But I will check it. I explained that I was leading the local NORM chapter, and that all the members would benefit from medical expertise. I also told him that I would bring some information at the two week check-up.
Unfortunately, at the two week check-up, he was tied up in surgery. Another doctor checked me and took the photos. I waited as long as I could, and finally gave the folder with relevant articles to his assistant. I also included a note inviting him to our next NORM meeting, not that I expected him to show up, and he did not. I had the six week check up this afternoon, and was eager to talk to him about restoration, but again, it was another doctor. Of all the bad luck, my doctor had collapsed yesterday morning, during a surgery, and was still in intensive care. I asked his assistant if I could visit him, but the assistant did not even want to tell me in which hospital of the complex he was currently.
This is the first time that one of my doctors had shown interest, and I was not going to let the opportunity slip away.
I am sorry for this long tale, but I was sure that I had found an interested doctor. I know that doctor talk much among themselves, and breaking into one of their groups is not possible for me, since I am not an MD.