Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 23rd, 2013

Angry What my doctor told me

Let me note that the doctor I talked to is not my primary doctor, as a couple years back I was unsatisfied by his work and requested a new one. This time around I wanted a male doctor to talk about foreskin restoration so I walked in fairly happy to get a good answer of what needs to be done. He instead promised to call me in the following days, but failed to do so; so when I called Kaiser and asked them what happened (it has been about a month since my visit there) and I get a call that he talked to the urologist. I was hoping this guy knows what he's talking about, but instead I get just a bull of an answer. He said that nothing manually should be done down there, especially at my age. He also stated the surgical option, and how it's not recommended, and instead I told him the entire list effects that could happen if that surgery was done wrong. I felt like I knew more about this than him, and whatever asshole he talked to. Now I was already pissed as it is, but what really got my piss to a boil was when he told me that the urologist said that there was no lack of sensitivity. I then moved on to explain to him that not only the foreskin itself has nerves, but also the glans harden; I'm guessing the doctor's gay so I didn't explain gliding action to him. This is ridiculous, you can't even trust the doctors you visit to help you. He scrubbed it off as if it was no big deal and that I'm just wasting my time worrying about it. My parents (my mom especially) said that she won't help me if I don't get an approved doctor recommendation. It's scary, but I'm also trying to second guess myself at this. Is manually stretching skin tissue really going to harm me? Am I really going to have to put a tube up my penis each and every time I need to piss? Each day I'm slowly losing my passion in becoming an engineer and levitating toward being a urologist/neurologist so I can help end this bullshit for everyone.
Old May 23rd, 2013

Default Re: What my doctor told me

Would it be wise to seek another, smarter urologist?
Old May 23rd, 2013
Administrator

Many doctors, including urologists, are clueless about foreskin care and the harm circumcision does. If you want input from a doctor that is knowledgeable, then yes, finding another doctor would be a good idea. One way to start might be to try contacting DOC:

http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/

Perhaps they might have a recommendation.

I doubt that manual will cause any harm, boys are always tugging and playing with their penis and foreskin. Just do not tug so hard you cause pain and tears. Use common sense.

Where did you get the idea that restoring causes you to need a catheter to pass urine? Or did I misunderstand you? That has never happened to my knowledge.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old May 23rd, 2013

yes it would be heeps better and even look for more then 1 try find 2. them more support u can get the better
Old May 23rd, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_b View Post
Where did you get the idea that restoring causes you to need a catheter to pass urine? Or did I misunderstand you? That has never happened to my knowledge.
Regards
He said that over stimulation to that area make damage you enough to need to use a catheter. Thanks for the link (and reply), I'll definitely contact DOC and find a smart urologist. Your input really means alot for me, especially in a time of confusion and anxiety for me. Every comment helps!
Old May 23rd, 2013

well then having a wank must be so bad that your penis would fall off becuse thats way more stimulation then stretching would ever be lol
Old May 23rd, 2013

The doctor is an ignorant fool. Those of us that have been restoring for a few years know that it is not harmful, providing you do not cause pain. The body is very forgiving and will repair any skin tears for free.
Old May 23rd, 2013

Your intuition is right on all counts.

Circumcision messes up your sex life. Restoring helps to bring it back.

I am 60 and have restored for 3.5 years, using devices mostly, and some manual stretching. I have never had an infection, a skin tear, or any problem. But I have grown a foreskin whereas I did not have one before, and sex is much better.

Your doctors don't know diddly. Remember, they get paid to operate, not to send you home.

Maybe find an intact one if you can. Anyway, you don't need anyone's recommendation. It's your body. Start now and you will be grateful.
Old May 23rd, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy932 View Post
well then having a wank must be so bad that your penis would fall off becuse thats way more stimulation then stretching would ever be lol
Haha, I should've told him that word for word.
Old May 24th, 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzume View Post
He said that over stimulation to that area make damage you enough to need to use a catheter. Thanks for the link (and reply), I'll definitely contact DOC and find a smart urologist. Your input really means alot for me, especially in a time of confusion and anxiety for me. Every comment helps!
Bullshit. He doesn't know what he is talking about. He is using fear mongering.

If DOC cannot provide references, then you will have to interview some doctors to find one that is foreskin knowleadgeable. You will have to come up with some questions that you can ask docotrs to give you confidence they know enough to actually giove you good advice. For example:

Do you know of DOC? Are you a member? Why or why not?

Have you taken DOCs continuin education module on foreskins? why or why not?

What is the proper treatment of an infant/child's foreskin?

Under what conditions is circumcision medically justified?

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"