Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 21st, 2009
Administrator

Default Re: Can glans sensitivity be permanently lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingshiftworker View Post
Most of my sensitivity is on the glans, especially at the tip just below the urethra but before the frenulum begins.
I think some people would describe that as part of the corona.

-Ron
Old January 21st, 2009

Swingshift is pointing out something interesting- the glans, in Chinese medicine, is connected to the brain and it's glands (notice I said GLANDs), which is why it swells up on orgasm- it is discharging the brain of sex chemicals.

If some people are sensitive to their brain endocrine function, they'll feel it it their glans. Probably why he gets off when his GF licks the tip of his cock (I'm bout to cum just thinkin bout my wife- or the barrista at starbucks -doin that :-)). I'll bet there's a good mental and visual element to your sex, whereas some just enjoy the feelings.
Old January 22nd, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I think some people would describe that as part of the corona. -Ron
I never heard it called that, but it's definitely not part of the inner foreskin.

I've always read that the area at the tip of the penis just below the urethra -- the corona, as you describe it -- is the most sensitive part of the penis and that's the case for me. However, the surface of the head (which is the main part of the glans, as I view it) is also extremely sensitive, as well. It gets even more so as the skin there becomes more moist and apparently thinner through dekeratinization. The results are a shinier and smoother surface, which makes color changes (red when engorged and pale when not) much more apparent and feeling more intense.

My "inner foreskin" is pretty much like dead skin to me. There's some feeling there, but the difference in feeling between the inner skin and glans is like the difference between running a fingernail over the back vs. the palm of your hand. The former will be felt, but the latter causes tingles -- at least that's how it is for me.
Old January 22nd, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Agreed. And it can't be disputed.

But not every sensation that gets someone off originates in tissue that could be flagged as "erogenous" by microscopic analysis. I don't think we need to be in the business of trying to convince people they don't enjoy slippery stuff sliding against the glans.

-Ron
Not my intent. I experienced an increase in glans sensation with covering, no doubt. Certainly more than I thought would happen. In fact, in communication with Mr Taylor, it was obvious that HIS focus was on the microscopic, and mine was on my experience. I didn't expect increased sensation in my glans, because I knew that by Nature's implied intent it wasn't designed for this, but my actual experience belied that. Why this is true, remains for research to discover, although I can throw a couple of hypotheses out there.

Here's the way I usually describe the overall interaction of the tissues of the human penis: not dependent on just one seat, but rather it's a symphony, with various parts of the whole chiming in at different places in the build to orgasm. The glans has it's "musical" part, and will play that part more than once in the building crescendo, as will mucosa, shaft skin, the brain, muscle, etc.

But to expect that there IS one seat (the glans, in circumcision culture ignorance), is to miss several points, one of them being the fact that mucosa plays the loudest in the theme of orgasm by design, but is supported by all the other "instruments"; answered, counterpointed, muted.
Old January 28th, 2009

Yes i get that feeling when i have a shower and when i wash the head with a sponge it has that sensitive feeling but this tugging device is really amazing i have noticed the difference in nearly 4 months.I have noticed that when i bunch the foreskin it looks thicker