Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network TLC Tugger User Group

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > TLC Tugger User Group
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TLC Tugger User Group Moderated by Ron Low

Old April 5th, 2009
Administrator

Default FREE Your-Skin Cone for writing a letter

Hi,

URGENT

The American Academy of Pediatrics is said to be revisiting their policy on infant circumcision. The 1999 policy puts it that there are some possible medical plusses to circumcising, but that they don't outweigh the known risks and drawbacks, or warrant routine circumcision. Nonetheless, they sum up that parents should weigh cultural factors when deciding about circumcising their sons. This part blows my mind since it's not even a medical opinion.

Their policy is followed by other agencies like the American Medical Association, and it has a big impact on whether insurers can get away with not covering the infant procedure.

I'd like you to write to the AAP policy task force and remind them that their new policy needs to reflect human rights, the immense value of intact genitals, and the fact that babies aren't at risk for STDs.

Feel free to include info about how being circumcised as an infant has affected you.

Dr. Susan Blank, Chair - Circumcision Policy Task Force
American Academy of Pediatrics
141 Northwest Point Blvd.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
USA
847 434-4000

Mail me a separate physical copy of your letter for a free Your-Skin Cone, or $10 credit toward other TLC stuff.

TLC Tugger
2020 Landwehr Rd.
Northbrook, IL 60062