Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 2nd, 2010

Default loose cut vs tight cut

Just a quick question:

For those who have had a loose cut (more foreskin removed) versus those who have had a tight cut (more shaft skin removed), would it be fair to say that those who had a tight circumcision are more likely to see more effective results since theoretically the foreskin was never cut off? I know it may sound weird but I think others get the gist of my question. I would assume that the foreskin is just being pulled back over in place so would at least the ridged band be intact (no pun intended)?

P.S. - I'm not a tight cut, mines is very loose (CI-4)

Thanks
Old May 2nd, 2010
Administrator

Default Re: loose cut vs tight cut

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. The way I use these terms, Loose and tight refer to how much overall skin you have left. When you are erect, if you skin has no mobility, then I would call that tight for instance.

How much inner and outer skin is independent of this. Some call it high and low cuts. If you have relatively little inner skin, but a lot of outer skin, that could be called high cut, as the scar would then be high up on your penis when erect.

The ridged band is a term for the tip of the foreskin, where the inner and outer skin come together. Any circumcison that I am aware of removes this.

That said, if you are asking does it matter whether you have relatively a lot of inner vs outer skin, I am not sure. Some have said that inner skin is harder to grow, so if you have little inner skin left, it will take you longer. But I have not seen any evidence that this is true.

I started with very little inner skin left. I have tugged by placing the point of tension on my scar line, in order to grow inner skin and outer skin. This has worked well for me.

Hope this helps.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"

Last edited by greg_b; May 3rd, 2010 at 05:05.
Old May 2nd, 2010

Thanks greg_b

I was under the assumption that tight circumcisions removed shaft skin and kept the foreskin, i.e. - those men who have their scar on the midpoint of their penis or even further back versus those who have their scar closer to the glans. Thanks for the clarification, I actually have a good amount of inner foreskin present
Old May 3rd, 2010

I think the descriptions for that are "high" and "low", as in a "high and tight" cut, but where the skin was removed has little bearing on how tight or loose you are. I was cut low on the shaft with alot of inner foreskin left, but at the same time, very tight. However, I am very happy with my restoration, even though it's taken more time. My inner skin becomes very moist and clings to the glans well, and my penis is very sensitive. In my opinion, the more inner skin you have left, the better. Outer shaft skin is just plain skin, except near the tip of the foreskin.
Old May 3rd, 2010

Oh alright I get it now. Thank you Cobra, I was under the assumption that high and low were also intertwined with tight and loose. I'm glad I have inner foreskin and my frenulum intact to aid me.
Old May 6th, 2010

I agree Greg b, I had so much skin hacked off as an infant, in the 50's, that I had scrotal skin growing half way up the shaft and was tight as a drum,would break open during sex. Anyway, I always thought of it being tightly cut.
it was so bad, that after 6 years of good, near constant tugging I still had just some loose skin, made sex better, but no coverage at all. I got so deperate that I seeked out a surgical solution, nothing I would suggest unless you were cut so tight that 6 years couldn't do it. my story is on the "surgical solution for the desperate" thread. good luck all, hope your not cut too tightly!
Old May 8th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_b View Post
I am not sure I understand what you are saying. The way I use these terms, Loose and tight refer to how much overall skin you have left. When you are erect, if you skin has no mobility, then I would call that tight for instance.

How much inner and outer skin is independent of this. Some call it high and low cuts. If you have relatively little inner skin, but a lot of outer skin, that could be called high cut, as the scar would then be high up on your penis when erect.
Wait, wait... with respect, I think that the term 'high-cut' is used for guys who have relatively speaking a lot of inner foreskin left, that way the scar is higher up on the shaft. Low cut, from what I've read, is when the scar is closer to the glans - e.i., more inner foreskin removed and less outer skin taken.
Old May 9th, 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terato View Post
Wait, wait... with respect, I think that the term 'high-cut' is used for guys who have relatively speaking a lot of inner foreskin left, that way the scar is higher up on the shaft. Low cut, from what I've read, is when the scar is closer to the glans - e.i., more inner foreskin removed and less outer skin taken.
"Higher" when the penis is pointing down, or when it is pointing up? It is so sick to think of parents or doctors having a preference for a style of amputation.
Old May 9th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terato View Post
It seems that Terato was/is under the same assumption I was/am. I see it's starting to get ambiguous but I do agree with markmaufaux, on average, older men do seem to have "tighter" circumcisions than younger men. I guess it was a half-step forward to steer away from the neuroticism of removing all possible skin down there as practiced in the 50's and 60's.
Old May 9th, 2010

For me, a tight cut results in little or no skin mobility as an adult.
A loose cut will still have some skin mobility, but nowhere near the "natural" amount.

A high cut would have the scar closer to the body, possibly leaving more inner foreskin, (now on the outside). This would be considered proximal.

A low cut would have the scar much closer to the corona of the glans, possibly leaving more shaft skin. This would be considered distal.

I would describe the results my own circ. (infant) as tight, medium, because thier was no skin mobility to speak of, and the scar ended up midway between my body and the tip.