Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 22nd, 2010

Default Visit to the Urologist

A little history before the urologist visit. I was born 42 years ago at the height of the circumcision hysteria. Being born very early at 24 weeks I was in the hospital for 8 weeks before going home. As is the case now circumcisions were not done till just before going home. My mother wrote on three different forms that I was not to be circumcised and after changing me many times in the hospital she thought her wishes were being honered. When it was time for me to go home the nurse took me from my mother saying that they were going to give me a bath and clean clothes. When they brought me back to her she said she could tell I had been crying hard and had a look of terror in my eyes. The nurse said I had gotten cold and started crying.

When my mother got me home she decided to change me after feeding me and before putting me down for a nap. She opened my diaper and found what she described as a “Bloody Mess”. She could actually see scalpel cuts on the glans. She immediately called the hospital to ask why her wishes were not followed and the administrator stated that it was hospital policy to circumcise all boys born in that hospital. Then she asked about the cuts on my glans stating that she had seen many other circumcisions on friends kids and he stated that according to my chart my circ was done free hand because my penis was bigger than most newborns and did not fit into any of the sizes of circ clamp devices they kept on hand. He also said if the bleeding did not stop to bring me to the clinic.

After the call she went back to put me down and noticed that with every touch and even trying to close the diaper I screamed so she kept me on absorbable pads with no diaper for the next two weeks.

As I got older we found the circ was tight to the extreme, most erections would bring me to tears and further frustrate my mother. In the late teenage years it was agony the lack of skin meant an erection would completely bend my penis looking like the number 7. The only solution my pediatrician could come up with was meds that had the side effect of sexual dysfunction.

When I was in my early 20’s I discovered Foreskin Restoration and after 2 years of work I had enough skin to accommodate an errection still drum tight but no pain. Now after 10 years of tugging I have 70% coverage when flaccid and still going for full coverage although a little disappointed with the slow progress.

Last week I went to my urologist who I see frequently for problems caused by my early birth, during a routine scope of my bladder not knowing how she would respond and worried about her thinking I was weird or altering the good Doctor-Patient relationship (she is a urologist that is very hard to get into new patients wait 7-8 months for an appointment) I asked her if she had heard anything about foreskin restoration. She said she didn’t know a lot other than surgical methods weren’t dependable and she heard that there were a few sites on the internet that detail some non-surgical methods. I told her the history of my circ and my restoration so far. She said now that she knew to look closer she could see the gains by the slight skin color difference

She told me that she does not circ at first request she gives them info on the function of the foreskin, the pros and cons of circ and requires them to come back in a week. She says only 10% come back for the circ when they have all the info and when they do come back she cuts very loose and leaves the frenulum intact. She then asked me to bring in the devices I use for her to see how they work, make sure they are safe and to track my progress. I was pleasently surprised at her being so open minded.
Old May 23rd, 2010

Default Re: Visit to the Urologist

The hospital did this and not your mother?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!??!?!!!!

That is fucked up. Your mother should have sued those bastards immediately. Please tell me that the hospital that you were born in does not do this anymore. If not, you can most likely sue.

I am sorry that you had to go through such hell for such stupid reasons. At least your mother was against it to begin with.

I hope that your restoration efforts get you far. Best of luck to you.
Old May 23rd, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSkullRacer613 View Post
Are you kidding? When my son was born 15 yrs ago, I said "no circumcision". I did not have a solid idea why, only that my dad was intact, and my uncles, and I thought natural was better. I wanted my son to have what I did not. It was, in my mind, a kind of masculine link to the male lineage of my family... something I felt I had been deprived of. I had no education about it, because there was no internet, no books that said anything about circumcision and intactness. I had only my gut instincts.

Well, I was treated like a silly new daddy. The nurses smiled condescendingly at me. I was sent home to fetch some things and while I was gone, my son was taken for circumcision. I returned and asked where my baby was. When they told me he was being taken to be circumcised, I went running down the hallway. I caught the doctor and told him, "I don't want him to be circumcised."

The doctor smiled and said, "Well, it doesn't really matter what you want, does it?"

I was young and didn't know what to do. They wouldn't even let me in the room. They locked me out and did it and I had to listen to my baby scream and cry. You could hear it through two sets of thick glass panes, with the shades drawn.

My young wife had been convinced by her female relatives that good Christian babies were circumcised, and pressured by the medical staff to sign the papers. I was completely shut out and made to feel as if I was some kind of crazy pervert for even suggesting that my baby should not be cut up.

It is my single greatest failure as a father and I will never forgive myself for not being more forceful. I don't know what they would have done if I threw a shit fit. Probably had me arrested or something. If I knew then what I know now, I would have went berserk and made them restrain me and then sued all of them, but I didn't know. Back then, they treated you like a child molester if your DIDN'T want them to cut up your baby.

But anyhoo...

Back to the OP, I know how you feel. I have been restoring for 7 years due to a ridiculously tight cut as well. You are one of the few men I've come across who I feel got a worse job than me, actually. My dick bent into a C shape with erections and for thirty years, I thought hard ons were supposed to burn and feel like your skin was ripping. I haven't had the urological problems you had, thank goodness. My heart really goes out to you.

I know how hard it is sometimes to keep going and going, year after year. Although restoring is easy technically, it wears on your spirit sometimes. You just want to be done and have it over with. Just don't give up. I won't. Not til I have completely undone the damage that was inflicted on my body before I was old enough to protect myself.
Old May 23rd, 2010
Administrator

Damn, I don't know how to reply after hearing somebody went through that kind of pain… then after trying to think of what to say, I reload the page and see cobra's story. We all say shit happens in whatever situation, but you don't know how bad until someone tells you. At least restoration brought you some help with your situations.

With this urologist, you have the chance to educate someone in a position to make a difference. Perhaps you could let her know that even those of us who didn't go through such an ordeal as yours still want to replace our missing foreskins, and resent having been circumcised. She may think twice about what she's doing, if given enough information… even if it does cause less damage than other doctors would inflict on the newborns she sees, it's still unethical. You're helping to plant a seed of critical thinking, so to speak.
Old May 23rd, 2010

such pain im sorry you had to go through this. some hack doctor assaulted you. circumcision is such a crime. a history book worthy crime. if a person cut any other part of a baby or child. they would be put in prison for years. but if they cut off the foreskin. no punishment instead they get money.

again im sorry you had to go through that.
Old May 23rd, 2010

bbobeng, I am sorry you were cut against you will and your mothers. Just one more reason I don’t trust the US medical establishment.

It is great that you found a Urologist that is understanding and attempting to help. Please let us know what she says about the devices after she has taken a look at them.

Cobra, If I may ask what did you say to your wife after you learned that she had sign the papers against your wishes?

Also, do you plan on telling your son what happened? Will you give him information on restoration when he is a little older?

Thanks,
Old May 23rd, 2010
Administrator

Both stories are horrific. A medical establishment totally out of control. And this is so hard to deal with at the moment, because it is so totally out of character for what we are taught to expect from them. what a feeling of helplessness and frustration...

It is great that you have a supportive Urologist. I mentioned restoration to mine and he dismissed surgical restoration as in effective and the foreskin making no difference for sexual feeling and function.

When I pointed out non surgical restoration and my own experience (at that point I had restored enough to feel some signficant improvement, he listened politely, but then let the subject drop. He was clearly clueless and had bought into the incorrect party line of much of the medical profession.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old May 23rd, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSkullRacer613 View Post
My parents weren't ask either. It was just done. That was the norm in America for several decades. Every guy I knew of my generation in high school and college was circumcised.
Old May 26th, 2010

[Post Removed]

Last edited by gtabula; November 7th, 2010 at 00:23.
Old June 4th, 2010

One can only hope that Cobra's son will be told how he was mutilated without his fathers consent and that he can thank his mother for his lack of a foreskin.

In fact I would hope that he seeks legal council and tries to be renumerated for his loss.

Sad to say that our so called medical professionals are hell bent on deforming baby boys still, at least here where I live.