Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 15th, 2010

Default Does restoration grow back nerve endings?

Some argue that once the nerves are gone, they do not grow back. However, some also argue that nerve endings grow and enrich the new skin, or the skin would be numb otherwise.

I have heard somebody on this forum talking about this issue, but I forgot where the response was. He said that pleasure was the same before circumcision and after restoration and that the main issue is coverage due to the lack of a ridged band. What exactly happens during restoration? I know that skin is grown and the glans and inner mucosa are dekaritinized, but what happens in terms of nerve endings?
Old August 15th, 2010
Your Little Hoodrat Friend

Default Re: Does restoration grow back nerve endings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSkullRacer613 View Post
Some argue that once the nerves are gone, they do not grow back. However, some also argue that nerve endings grow and enrich the new skin, or the skin would be numb otherwise.

I have heard somebody on this forum talking about this issue, but I forgot where the response was. He said that pleasure was the same before circumcision and after restoration and that the main issue is coverage due to the lack of a rigid band. What exactly happens during restoration? I know that skin is grown and the glans and inner mucosa are dekaritinized, but what happens in terms of nerve endings?
think of it in terms of taste buds. stick your moist, warm tongue out of your lips and expose it to air. after a couple of minutes it'll be completely dried out. try to taste something. you can't because taste and smell rely on moisture (i can't remember the technical term from 9th grade biology, haha) to operate.

this is slightly different than your glans and inner-foreskin, but not really in a practical sense. being exposed to air, the usually moist glans and inner foreskin have to adapt to their cruel surroundings of instrusive cotton boxers, denim and air. they were not built for that. in turn, your brain learns to turn these off otherwise you'd be in constant discomfort. your glans and inner foreskin also toughen up in order to protect themselves from abrasion.

creating a new foreskin is like pulling your tongue back in your mouth after decades of being exposed to hair and suddenly being able to taste again.

btw, i'm in the camp that whatever nerve endings are lost, they cannot be regrown. not that the other side's argument doesn't make sense, i just tend to err on the side of cynicism so i'm never setting myself up for potential disappointment.
Old August 15th, 2010
Administrator

Answering this question doesn't really matter to me, other than some intellectual curiosity. I think they could well do so, but it really depends on how you define it.

The key for me is that I now know how much better sex is with a foreskin. Whether it is regrown nerve endings or something else, the effect is the same.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old August 15th, 2010

I've been wanting to pose this question directly, also wanted to ask if anyone had any evidence that says that nerves do not grow back. I'd think that when we're adults we have more nerve endings then when we were newborns. We must have grown nerves at one point during the developmental process, just think how much skin we have grown since then, where all the nerves we'd ever have compacted on that tiny little newborn penis?

But this is coming from a newbie.

Also check out the nerve growth in this man's arm http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...search.germany

This link also says that peripheral nerves (every nerve outside the brain and spinal cord) will repair it's self http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_nerves...back_after_cut

So yeah google would have me believe it is possible.
Old August 15th, 2010

From my understanding restoration does not restore the Meissner's corpuscles pleasure nerves which allow the foreskin to feel light tough and pleasure however tissue expansion does grow more generalized nerves which can help give more feedback and pleasure.
Old August 15th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspie View Post
From my understanding restoration does not restore the Meissner's corpuscles pleasure nerves which allow the foreskin to feel light tough and pleasure however tissue expansion does grow more generalized nerves which can help give more feedback and pleasure.
I agree with you, I had almost forgotten about these nerve endings. From what I could gather though some scientists even debate how prevalent they are on the foreskin, in fact this study tells me that on some foreskins they could not even be located at all. http://en.cnki.com.cn/Article_en/CJF...K200504018.htm
Old August 18th, 2010

I'm sorry for the double post but can't get this question off my mind, just exactly what scientific study says that we can't regrow Meissner's Corpuscles? Sure it is a special type of nerve ending present in only a few parts of the body, but if it is present in the foreskin and we do have foreskin cells that are performing mitosis I'd think they would be build with a network of Meissner's Corpuscles. Sure the ones on the frenar band don't grow back, but arn't they present on the inner skin?

This study (although its main hypothesis is irrelevant) mentions Meissner's Corpuscle along with other corpuscles growing into grafts of transplanted tissue that did not have them to begin with in one case http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/...tract/93/3/547

I don't know maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about.
Old August 18th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseReality View Post
just exactly what scientific study says that we can't regrow Meissner's Corpuscles?.
No study is needed, just take a moment and think about what we are doing...

If you stretch inner skin, you get inner skin. If you stretch outer skin you get outer skin. It's the same process that people go through when they gain weight... nothing new, just more of the same. In short: You don't regenerate what's missing, you expand what's there.

We aren't lizards regrowing a tail unfortunately. The body doesn't "know" it's regenerating something that was lost, it just knows that the skin is under tension and it needs more of it to compensate.
Old August 18th, 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdom View Post
No study is needed, just take a moment and think about what we are doing...

If you stretch inner skin, you get inner skin. If you stretch outer skin you get outer skin. It's the same process that people go through when they gain weight... nothing new, just more of the same. In short: You don't regenerate what's missing, you expand what's there.

We aren't lizards regrowing a tail unfortunately. The body doesn't "know" it's regenerating something that was lost, it just knows that the skin is under tension and it needs more of it to compensate.
On the face of it, this is wrong on several levels. We are not stretching skin to expand it as if it is rubber. Fundamentally wrong way to state it.

Instead we are applying tension to the skin. While this stretches and expands the skin like rubber, this is a temporary effect that is insignificant, and the skin contracts back to normal after the tension is removed.

But the tension creates conditions that induce more frequent than normal cell division. Cells divide, creating new cells. New cells = more foreskin.

The idea that our bodies do not know what is being grown is also falsely stated. We are actually quite a bit like a lizard regrowing a tail. Our bodies are "smart" enough to grow the tissues that form a foreskin. This can be seen quite well when one looks at or reads the reports of those who tried surgical restoration using skin from other parts of the body. The results they get are of skin that, while on the penis where the foreskin is, do not look or act like foreskin. Instead they look and act more like the skin at the original location, which is exactly why surgical restoration has such a bad, deservedly so, reputation.

That is the basic principle. There are many details that are uncertain. I am pretty confident that the new tissue includes skin, blood vessels, nerves, connective tissue, and muscles. Since the question is about nerves, we can focus on that.

The nerves grow back at some level. It is logical to assume that these nerves are functioning, based on what I feel and the reports of others.

Beyond that, I think it is hard to know. If you wish to argue about exactly which nerves, nerve endings, how many, etc, you can spend a lot of time talking, but it is mostly opinion.

The way to answer this question is in fact to do a study. Without it, it is all just talk. A microscopic study comparing a suitable sample of restored foreskin with a suitable number of original equipment foreskins to see how they differed. The study is needed, if you want to answer this question, though the answer will not change my decision to restore.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old August 18th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_b View Post
Beyond that, I think it is hard to know. If you wish to argue about exactly which nerves, nerve endings, how many, etc, you can spend a lot of time talking, but it is mostly opinion.

The way to answer this question is in fact to do a study. Without it, it is all just talk. A microscopic study comparing a suitable sample of restored foreskin with a suitable number of original equipment foreskins to see how they differed. The study is needed, if you want to answer this question, though the answer will not change my decision to restore.

Regards
Yes I was trying to point out that so many people say we cannot regain these nerves, yet no study is often referenced.

That would be an interesting study to conduct, surprised no one has done something quite like it before, suppose because foreskin restoration is still relatively unknown. And your right I would still be restoring no matter how poor the restored skin differed from the original. But right now I'm just thankful that I have access to resources that my parents apparently did not, because without the net I would have never found out about restoration most likely.