Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network TLC Tugger User Group

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > TLC Tugger User Group
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TLC Tugger User Group Moderated by Ron Low

Old August 24th, 2010

Question TLC-X/Your Skin Cone Application and Adjustment

Hello everyone,

I am new to restoring and have been quite enthusiastic, but I'm having some difficulties that have been a bit of a downer. I'm using the TLC-X.

The single biggest problem has been keeping the darn thing on, especially when using the YSC on its own. It almost never stayed on for an extended period: not when sleeping, not when walking around, not when sitting down or bending over, etc. Most recently, this problem led to the loss of my YSC, due to an unfortunate series of events involving a hot August afternoon, a capacious pair of boxer briefs, and an over-hasty flush of the toilet . I've done better when wearing the full TLC-X, especially when using the leg strap, but even that seems to come off easily if I'm walking around or bending over much. I haven't yet figured out how to put on pants with the TLC-X in strapless mode without knocking it loose - the strap pulls the device downward so that it's roughly parallel to my leg, but without the strap it sticks out more, and it comes off when I try to get the pants on over it.

Here are some factors that may be contributing to my slipping out of the cone:

1. I sweat a lot. I never really thought of my penis sweating before, but it turns out it does, especially in this summer weather. Ron recommends using a bit of extra moisture in dry weather, but my problem seems to be the opposite: too much moisture making things slippery.

2. I am something of a grower. My diameter at the corona grows by at least half an inch when I get erect. This, plus nighttime tossing and turning, accounts for the YSC always falling off when I sleep. Also, since the YSC is sized according to my erect diameter, it's pretty big relative to my flaccid size, so it probably gets knocked around a bit more.

3. I have a lot more loose skin on the underside of my penis (the ventral side? The one with the frenulum) than on the top (dorsal side?). When the TLC-X is pulled downward (like when I'm wearing it under clothing), it tends to slide off on the dorsal side, even though there is still plenty of skin in the cone underneath. When I compensate for this by pushing extra dorsal skin under the cone, the TLC-X rod ends up pointing outward rather than downward. Forcing it downward (as when I'm strapped in) puts uncomfortable strain on the dorsal skin, even when I reduce the tension in the strap. A couple of times, I have removed the TLC-X out of fear of getting blisters or callouses on the dorsal skin.

4. I have a pleasantly (though not excessively) round belly and rather thick thighs. The belly sometimes knocks the cone or TLC-X loose when bending over, and the thighs make things very tight when I put on pants. I always get pretty loose-fitting pants - the standard cuts are uncomfortably tight on the hips and thighs - but they still tend to squeeze my penis uncomfortably when I'm applying tension. My workplace has pretty casual standards for attire, but the super-baggy pants look would not fly.

One other thing: I am getting the hang of the whole squeezing-my-skin-between-tugger-and-cone thing, but it still usually takes several tries (and a good deal of shoving and squeezing extra skin) to get the amount of skin under the cone reasonably balanced on all sides. Also, I'm concerned that the shoving and squeezing sometimes leaves the skin under the cone wrinkled, which I worry could cause blistering or callousing.

I will appreciate any and all comments or suggestions (or even "yeah, that sucks"-type sympathy). Since I need to order a new YSC, I'm especially curious if you have suggestions related to YSC selection. Would it make sense to get YSCs of different sizes - a larger one for sleeping in, to accommodate erections, and a smaller one for more convenient under-clothes wearing? Would it make more sense to switch to nighttime tugging, since the tugger stays on better than the YSC? (I did try sleeping with the TLC-X in elastic mode once, and it did in fact stay on even during an erection, but it was so ridiculously tight that I worried the skin under the cone might be losing circulation, so I took it off).

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Old August 24th, 2010

Default Re: TLC-X/Your Skin Cone problems

[Post Removed]

Last edited by gtabula; November 7th, 2010 at 01:05.
Old August 25th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabula View Post
1. Most tuggers shouldn't be used when you're doing something very active, it should really be reserved when you have some time to either sit on your but or if you're only doing minimal amounts of working. Avoid tugging if you're going to be doing anything like jogging, biking, etc.
Got that, thanks.

Quote:
2. Temperature seems to matter. If it's hot out, you'll sweat, if you sweat - your tugger will probably slip loose no matter how much you adjust it. Given the fact that it's the prime of summer right now it's not too surprising that you're having difficulties. This again kind of ties into tugging when you can be in a largely non-active state - desk work, chilling out at home, etc. And if you have AC, this can definitely keep you tugging despite the heat.
My job involves a mix of on-butt time and standing/walking around time (and climate control in the workplace is decidedly suboptimal), so this will be tricky. But it's good to know that I'm not alone.

Quote:
3. Make sure you clean your tugger regularly, as well as your penis before attempting to apply it. The tugger picks up dead skin, skin oils, urine, precum, etc. while in use. While this won't necessarily cause any health problems, it does create a stiction issue. The skin does not stick to the device, and it'll slide off, sometimes with little to no effort on your part to make it happen.

So clean your penis with warm water, sans the soap, and wash your tugger, again with warm water (soap is recommended, not required, just make sure and thoroughly rinse if you do), and simply try again.
Why no soap? The TLC-Tugger website recommends cetaphil, and I've been using the equivalent. It seems to work well as a cleanser, but if it might be contributing to the tugger slippage, then maybe I'll try without for a while.

Quote:
4. I'm not entirely sure what your cut status is, how tightly your cut, but know that the tighter you're cut, the more difficulty you'll have at first getting things to work well in the early stages. Also, I found that once the skin loosened up (coming from my own experiences), the more likely my penis was to "invert', and escape towards my pubic mount, leaving a sort of mess of skin out front that wouldn't allow the cone to stay put.
I'm about a CI-2. I have had trouble getting a consistent FEC measurement: my penis appears to find measuring a turn-off. It's definitely not a tight cut: I'd been doing manual tugging for only a few weeks before trying the TLC-X, and can cover the inner cone pretty thoroughly when flaccid (though it slips back when I apply the outer cone). But I certainly don't have "a mess of skin out front." Even when I can get the YSC to stay on by itself, a substantial fraction of the glans remains uncovered by skin.

Quote:
Alternatively, if you're using a TLC-X, you can simply remove the pusher rod and cup, and roll your skin over the insert cone, then place the YSC over that, this is how I've dealt with this problem before. The cone's a little flimsy due to it's thin walls near the base, but it works well enough.
Great suggestion. I'll try that out.

Quote:
the only other bit of information I'd throw your way is to know that if you're not in duress from pain while not retaining, that you really don't need to retain. Retaining is there to really serve two purposes; provide protection from surface contact for those who have gone through de-keratinization, and for those seeking to reach de-keratinization by providing a moist environment for the glans and mucosa.
Yes. I'm in the latter category: those seeking de-keratinization.

Quote:
It seems like there's a lot of variations on when this process can and does occur. The effect is similar to recovering from a minor sun burn, your skin will peel, you'll notice a sudden increase in sensitivity in your glans and/or frenulum, and you may suddenly find it unbearable to not have the protection of your foreskin there to support it. I can say for me, I went through this process within a few days of manual tugging when I started a few months ago.
Nothing like that for me so far. But it's early going yet.

By the way, what kind of manual tugging were you doing that led to de-keratinization?

Quote:
And as much as I enjoy the sensation it brings, the fact is is that I don't have a choice in retaining, because to not do so is unbearable. It starts innocently enough as topical pain, but spreads into the feeling that I've been kicked squarely in the jewels, going so far as to cause nausea and stomach cramps.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: If you don't find yourself needing to retain right now, you should probably not do it unless you're prepared to spend the rest of your non-restoring time having to retain.
I'll be interested to hear what others have to say about this. Personally, I like the idea of a more sensitive glans, but I can certainly appreciate the resulting inconvenience.
Old August 25th, 2010

[Post Removed]

Last edited by gtabula; November 7th, 2010 at 01:05.
Old August 26th, 2010

Hello, Cliophilic.
Sometimes, if not enough skin gets gripped between the two cones, the device will slip. For whatever it may be worth, I found early on that the stretching of the skin to slip it on the inner cone induces tumescence, which of course reduces the amount of skin available. A few years ago, I read somewhere in this site a suggestion to do a dozen push-ups before attempting to the device on. I tried it, and it did help when I was starting to use my TLC. I have just started to use a TLC-X, and found again that push-ups do help to the point that I can push the packer down about one half inch to gain more inner skin. I can wear it 4 to 8 hours, and then use my faithful TLC for the rest of my waking hours.
Also, I found that whenever I need to remove either, I always rinse the device with cool water. I also wash the skin that was in between the two cones with a wet rag, to remove any skin secretion which would make the skin and the cones slippery. Of course, I am retired, so that routine is no problem for me. But altogether, I believe that as you grow more skin, it will be easier to keep any device on.
Good luck on your restoration journey.
Best regards,
freddys.
Old August 27th, 2010

MRS-II will keep it stuck on. Check out my link below.

-www.intaction.org
Intaction.org is a activist 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit organization. Together we can forge a path to a better world free from genital mutilation.

www.foreskin-restoration.info
Advanced Devices Inc.
Supercanister Tuggers
Adhesi-Med (MRS)
Citri-Med Adhesive + Tape remover
Torpedo Tugging Weight sets
Old September 1st, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddys View Post
Hello, Cliophilic.
Sometimes, if not enough skin gets gripped between the two cones, the device will slip. For whatever it may be worth, I found early on that the stretching of the skin to slip it on the inner cone induces tumescence, which of course reduces the amount of skin available. A few years ago, I read somewhere in this site a suggestion to do a dozen push-ups before attempting to the device on. I tried it, and it did help when I was starting to use my TLC. I have just started to use a TLC-X, and found again that push-ups do help to the point that I can push the packer down about one half inch to gain more inner skin. I can wear it 4 to 8 hours, and then use my faithful TLC for the rest of my waking hours.
When you read this, was there any reason given as to why push ups would work? Or do you have any speculations?
Old September 1st, 2010

Hello The_Color_Black,
I don't know the physiological reason for the shrinking of the penis during exercise; I had courses in physiology 57 years ago, and I don't remember any mention of that effect. Besides, information that old on a physiological mechanism might be completely outdated. Could it be that the blood flow is more strongly directed to the working muscles? In my personal experience, it always happens after any moderate exercise. I still cannot remember where I found this bit of information; it was about two years ago, perhaps somewhere in this site. Since I did not invent it, it must be working for at least one other man.
Best regards,
freddys.
Old September 2nd, 2010

The change in the amount of blood flow to each part of the body would make sense though. I would then suppose that push ups would be the best choice of exercise because it pulls the blood so far away. However, I'm sure a few simple experiments under the same conditions using push ups, squats, and sit ups as the exercises would tell us if it is pulling the blood away in a gross fashion (i.e. from the lower part of the body to the upper) or in a more fine fashion (i.e. from the corpus cavernosum to the abdominal muscles during a sit up.)

Interesting and possibly helpful either way.
Old September 3rd, 2010
Administrator

Default Re: TLC-X/Your Skin Cone Application and Adjustment

I'm re-naming the thead since it has moved on from "problems."

-Ron