Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > General Intactivism Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 25th, 2010

Default Docking

The first time I heard of docking I thought it sounded a bit strange. It’s never appealed to me as a straight male. However, about a year ago I saw a documentary on Chimpanzees (or maybe it was Bonobo’s?), and not only did the documentary show them penis-docking, but also explained it in the narration.

I can’t remember the name of the documentary, and I can’t seem to find any relevant information about this in a Google search. It’s possible the documentary was about homosexuality in the wild. I’ve watched a lot of nature programs over the years, and I can’t seem to remember enough details to find this again.

I was wondering if anyone can help me. Do you know what documentary it was, or have you seen another where they show/explain this normal sexual act of nature? Maybe some other source talking about it?

I want to find more information so I can have a citation when I say it’s a normal part of nature. I may not (personally) find it something I want to do, but not only is it normal and natural, but it’s also an extreme act of discrimination to take that sexual right away from others (in a sense, trying to control our sexuality and sexual preferences). I can’t think of any other example where a homosexual behavior is—in attempt—being surgically removed from individuals. That sounds like an extreme human rights violation against gay males beyond any other I can think of (besides hate crimes resulting in death).

Where docking was once an avoided topic, I believe it's time for it be addressed. I think addressing it correctly can help show yet another human rights violation breached by involuntary male circumcision.
Old December 25th, 2010
Administrator

Default Re: Docking

I'd search for videos that talk about, not only homosexuality in nature, but also about bi-sexuality.

I think I've seen the very same video you're talking about.

I've seen a video where it talks about homosexuality/bi-sexuality in nature, and it shows dolphins putting their penises in each others' blow-holes, giraffes stimulating each others' necks, female bonobos monkey rubbing vulvas and, I think in that same video, male monkeys docking.

It may have been National Geographic, but I could be wrong.

PS - I consider myself bi, though I've never been intimate with another guy and I'm currently married to a woman. But if I weren't married, and I had the chance, docking is sure something I'd like to have tried, and I'd be disappointed if that was taken away from me.
Old December 26th, 2010

If you want to watch the human species males docking, there are numerous videos of guys docking on the Internet. In every case, it's an intact guy with another intact male, and to judge by the moans and so forth, is very pleasurable.

There are videos from the U.K., Germany, and at least one from the U.S. When two intact gay guys get together, docking is always a possibility. In fact, the foreskin is so important to sexual activity that some intact guys give under their preferences "foreskin" or "uncut only".
Old January 2nd, 2011

Maybe you should look up "gay videos disguised as documentaries for straight guys". Sure you'll find something there. And if your wife finds it, just say you're outraged that homosexuality is being surgically removed from men. See how she takes that.

:-|

Let's get it together that the foreskin isn't there so you can have gay sex. This is about as bad a line of thinking as circ in Africa stemming AIDS. Why don't you send that idea over to Uganda, see how that ratchets up their gay death penalty.

Docking is simply an act between two able people. Plain and simple. Just cuz people or animals do something with their body parts doesn't automatically mean it's "natural", it's just using what they got in an improvisational way. If it feels good, do it. But there are plenty who don't.

Sexuality is deeply impeded by the act of mutilating genitals. That is a fact. Gay or straight. Nobody has their "gay" removed, any more than someone has their straight removed. Technically, what you're saying is that since the large majority of men in the US are cut, and thus the majority of gay men are, have we cut away the gay or have we cut away the straight? I'm confused. Maybe all the gay men are actually straight, but their straight has been removed. Or...maybe they've had their gay cut out, so they're now straight. Which is it? Maybe they had their ability to dock with a vagina cut out, and thus seek male foreskin to dock with instead, but since few have this, settle for docking in a male ass. After all, ass is tighter than a foreskin, and has more suction. But I digress.
Old January 2nd, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Taoist View Post
[...]you're outraged that homosexuality is being surgically removed from men.[...]
[...]the foreskin isn't there so you can have gay sex.[...]
[...]Nobody has their "gay" removed[...]
[...]what you're saying is[...]
[...]maybe they've had their gay cut out[...]
Are you familiar with a straw man argument? Nowhere in my post did I say (or even insinuate) ANY of these things you have just said. Not even a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Taoist View Post
Just cuz people or animals do something with their body parts doesn't automatically mean it's "natural"[...]

It is natural, as most things are, but that's not the point, nor do I see why you have a problem that fact.

I'm not even sure if I should even reply to you, because it seems as if you are arguing with an invisible poster. I didn't say any of the things you are implying I "meant" here.

Please try not to straw man people. I said EXACTLY what I meant, and I didn't mean anything else. Don't read into it, behind it, under it, etc.

Now, if you're trying to make the point that talking about docking could backfire... I'll grant that possibility, and it's noted. I--however--see no reason to straw man me to make that point.
Old January 2nd, 2011
Dreammagii

i tend to agree with you freedom, i dont reply to those sorts of posts, that are side-lining to other issues, argueing with phantoms in the dark, just encourages more debate about non-issues.
Old January 2nd, 2011

With the prevailing political/social climate in the U.S. these days, I fear that if opposition to routine infant circumcision (RIC) becomes identified as a gay sex issue/gay rights issue, the cause of banning RIC as a human rights issue is doomed. I can see Fox News headlining "Gay men want to ban infant circumcision so they will be free to have gay sex with children."

Don't get me wrong. I am all for permitting consenting adults to engage in whatever behavior they choose. The problem is that it is so easy to create a link that would generate public outrage--remember death panels and pulling the plug on grandma--that any discussion of male-on-male sexual activity that is enhance with foreskins can be a slippery slope for the cause of eliminating RIC.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to disagree.
Old January 2nd, 2011

Hi Ron,

Now we're having a conversation. That's a real problem.

I don't like the idea that we have to be quiet about a good argument because of logical fallacies the other side will present. Ugh.

Homophobia is rich in the pro-circumcision community.

So what are our options?
a) Discuss this
b) Don't discuss this
c) insert option here!
Old January 3rd, 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ron View Post
With the prevailing political/social climate in the U.S. these days, I fear that if opposition to routine infant circumcision (RIC) becomes identified as a gay sex issue/gay rights issue, the cause of banning RIC as a human rights issue is doomed. I can see Fox News headlining "Gay men want to ban infant circumcision so they will be free to have gay sex with children."
But here's the problem:

There doesn't seem to be any problem with "straight" women prefering circumcised penises, even gay men, and with advocating circumcision based on that.

It's OK for STRAIGHT people to condone infant circumcision so that they will be free to have straight/gay sex with circumcised children?

I think we need to be looking at this from every angle.

As an intact male, I can tell you that there are things my wife and I do that involve my foreskin, that I couldn't do had I been circumcised.

Bottom line is, you're taking a child's choice away to do WHATEVER it is he wants with his own body.
Old January 3rd, 2011
Administrator

@freedom

It's almost hilarious to watch the pot call the kettle black:

"Science" is not enough for this Morris guy, he has to go in and attack intactivism with the very thing pro-circs of guilty of; fetishism.

"Hidden agenda?" "Preference for boys with foreskins?" (As opposed to without?) Some who are doctors? Nothing against homosexuality at all?

"Fictitious statements easily repudiated by good research?"

Do tell, Mr. Morris, do tell.