Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > GUEST SERVICES > Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Announcements Only Moderators may start announcement threads

Old January 26th, 2011
Administrator

Default Congratulations! ! ! Foregen passes $10,000 in donations.

The Foregen account has passed $10,000 today despite having to shell out about $100 this month to pay for annual web hosting and domain registration. http://foreskin-restoration.net/foru...ead.php?t=5095

Congratulations to Enzo and thanks to all the generous donors.

-Ron Low
Acting Treasurer
Foregen.org
Old January 27th, 2011

Default Re: Congratulations! ! ! Foregen passes $10,000 in donations.

This is awesome....

My belief in God has been strengthened. lol
Old January 27th, 2011

Woot woot !

Feel free to be directed to the foregen for foreskin regeneration - regenerating everything lost to circumcision thread everyone:

http://foreskin-restoration.net/foru...9732#post49732

Old January 29th, 2011

This is very good news now lets just try to get to $100,000.00
Old January 29th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspie View Post
This is very good news now lets just try to get to $100,000.00
Yep but it's actually $200,000 for the trial. More motivation I guess?
Old February 1st, 2011

n/a

Last edited by Kingterky; December 2nd, 2011 at 11:00.
Old February 1st, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingterky View Post
i tried donating the other day but had trouble getting it to work, anyone else had a problem?
Ditto pm Enzo he's newforeskin on this forum.
Old February 9th, 2011

I just made a donation to Foregen, however, I would like to say that Foregen needs tax exempt status. This would help greatly and I would love a tax break for contributing to a cause that I feel so strongly about. Also, if the trial costs $200G or a million dollars, there are people that can drop that kind of money like it's nothing. We need to be more professional and leave the emotions at home. We need to be taken more seriously. If I can get a tax break my donations will increase and I suspect others will feel the same way. BTW, for guys that are not employed, if you just mow a few yards, or rake a few yards that will make a big difference. We can get this thing done if we work at it. We have come too far to turn back now. We have the numbers, now, lets convert those numbers into cash.

jeffrey
Old February 9th, 2011

Jeff! Finally, someone else who wants to raise the money soon. Foregen has not released a fundraiser in over a year nor has it appeared that they have contacted any companies etc. for donations. This is beyond frustrating as they are yet to take action and keep claiming they will. I do not believe someone until I see results. I am getting very angry and trying my best to cling to a hope that is slipping away. Any ideas on how we can raise money if Foregen will not?

The only current shot is calling into the Howard Stern show between 6 am and 10 am on weekdays. If howard stern knows about Foregen he will donate the money in an instant. I have been calling every day for a week with no luck! If we can get through our years of waiting are over!!!

Foregen has done an amazing amount of work and it doesnt seem they can focus on fundraising and getting attention and contacting clinics. This is alot for a small Non-Profit. They need help from us! and soon!

Last edited by activist1067; February 9th, 2011 at 22:55. Reason: s
Old February 10th, 2011

I'm just not sure what the best approach to raising the money would be. This will be very tricky, largely in part to the way that America views circumcision. A man like Stern could certainly lay down the cash, no problem there, however, if genital restoration is viewed by the American public as some kind of freaky fetish then it may severely harm the project and doctors would most likely get cold feet. I believe this will have to be handled very carefully and professionally. This is why I state that emotions will have to be left at the door. I believe that we must be more clear on the reasons that we desire to see this thing through. I'm not sure that the 20,000 nerve ending argument is going to be successful. I believe that if the AMA and AAP would be up front and state that removing genital tissue from a healthy child may very well result in psychological harm, then would be half way there, but don't wait on that to happen anytime soon, even though they already know this. We can do this. If only the men on these forums would contribute a small amount we could do it and soon. Actually, we already have the potential resources within our own community.