Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > Le Bistro
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Le Bistro Off-topic discussion among members

Old May 31st, 2011
To Build a Mountain Takes a Long Long Time

Default Re: What would get the admin mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I'm more offended on behalf of females by the derisive use of the word cunt than I would be by being called a cunt.

But seriously, we try to keep it newspaper-friendly around here unless the emotion of something just calls for a strong word. Be yourself, but this is an all-ages forum except for The Dark Side.

Welcome veteran Lyle,
-Ron
In other English speaking countries, the word "cunt" is far less offensive / derogatory towards women than in the US.

Conversely, the word "wanker" means little to us, but is ranked as one of the "worst" swear words in the UK.
Old May 31st, 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
i read the description of the "Dark side" even words give me visuals especially since the description said hardcore.
Yeah, you'd better stay out for now.

I was at a leather festival promoting restoration all weekend. I've been to gay pride parades and have been a little shocked by flagrant lustful displays, but this leather crowd made a Pride Parade look like a church outing to Disneyland. I turn 49 today and I'm not grown up enough for it I think.
Old May 31st, 2011
Restoring Intactivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Yeah, you'd better stay out for now.

I was at a leather festival promoting restoration all weekend. I've been to gay pride parades and have been a little shocked by flagrant lustful displays, but this leather crowd made a Pride Parade look like a church outing to Disneyland. I turn 49 today and I'm not grown up enough for it I think.
I've been to the Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco so I know just what you mean. Where was the festival? How did it go?
Old June 1st, 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelancholyLogic View Post
Where was the festival? How did it go?
It's International Mister Leather http://IMRL.com held annually over Memorial Day in Chicago.

We had a booth (I'll get some pics up soon) where we helped guys learn about restoring. I didn't have products to sell (as I had planned) because the The Learning Channel re-ran our Strange Sex episode the week we went on vacation so that response cleaned us out of the little stockpile I had built up.
Old June 1st, 2011

This is America and I think that people should be free to express themselves, but these gay pride parades and such, really hurt our efforts when it comes to things like gay marriage. The media focuses on things like this and people in the heartland think that all gay men are like this. We must remember that compared to most parts of the U.S., San Francisco is like a totally different world. Nearly every time that I bring up gay marriage my family will comment on how disgusting those homos are in those parades. To many Americans these guys represent every gay man in America. That's very unfair, but it's true. I find these parades extremely distasteful and detrimental to gay equality. I already know that many will vehemently disagree, but we see how people feel about this every time they go to the polls.
Old June 1st, 2011
Emperor of Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff71913 View Post
This is America and I think that people should be free to express themselves, but these gay pride parades and such, really hurt our efforts when it somes to things like gay marriage. The media focuses on things like this and people in the heartland think that all gay men are like this. We must remember that compared to most parts of the U.S., San Francisco is like a totally different world. Nearly every time that I bring up gay marriage my family will comment on how disgusting those homos are in those parades. To many Americans these guys represent every gay man in America. That's very unfair, but it's true. I find these parades extremely distasteful and detrimental to gay equality. I already know that many will vehemently disagree, but we see how people feel about this every time they go to the polls.
I'm 14 and i think i am gay. (Is that weird?) I don't find women interesting (though i do want a wife and have children) but i get an man thing i find it that when looking at men i get that man thing not on women though. I just find men more "interesting" though i find the female physcially beautiful in an artistic way. But overall i like men T.T though i don't like the way some celebrities represent gay people(ahem..Lady GaGa). Wear make up act girly. These stereotypes are kind of annoying.
Old June 1st, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
I'm 14 and i think i am gay. (Is that weird?) I don't find women interesting (though i do want a wife and have children) but i get an man thing i find it that when looking at men i get that man thing not on women though. I just find men more "interesting" though i find the female physcially beautiful in an artistic way. But overall i like men T.T though i don't like the way some celebrities represent gay people(ahem..Lady GaGa). Wear make up act girly. These stereotypes are kind of annoying.
I understand you are gay, but you lost me after that! Please, explain. So, what's wrong with being gay?
Old June 1st, 2011
Emperor of Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff71913 View Post
I understand you are gay, but you lost me after that! Please, explain. So, what's wrong with being gay?
there's nothing wrong, i just don't like how the media portrays gays as feminine and such.
Old June 1st, 2011

I think calling someone a republican is worse than calling them a cunt, but I'm not really sure. If I'm wrong I'm really sorry.