Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > METHODS > - Manual Tugging
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 8th, 2011

Default Re: best methods for manual tugging?

Hey, I'm new to this whole thing and I just wanted to ask something.

I'd say I'm somewhere between CI-2 and CI-3 and I started tugging a couple of days ago. I do it periodically when I'm alone (which is a lot of time, I'm not very outgoing). I've looked at some of the different methods and have tried a few but I'd like to know if this works.

Even though I'm only about a CI-2.5 I can actually cover my glans (when I'm flaccid) almost completely simply by gently pulling up the skin with two hands and using my thumbs and index fingers. The thing is, when I do it this way my penis seems to actually get shorter overall until I let go. Does this help stretch the skin or am I simply retracting my glans into the skin?
Old October 28th, 2011

Hi Jamifa,

I've been solely manually tugging for just over a year now.

When I manually tug, I apply as much tension as possible for ca. 5 seconds, release for a few seconds and repeat this for ca. 15 minutes. I try to to repeat the 15 minute sessions ca. 4 times daily to get in a total of ca. 1 hour a day.

Device-based tuggers, by contrast, apply far less tension but for longer periods of time.

This said, I feel what you described possibly won't cause adequate tension to promote mitosis (new skin growth), but maybe a device-based tugger would contradict this.

My suggestion is:

(1) Try different tensions, durations, frequencies etc., keeping the parameters constant for a few months.

(2) Take photos regularly for comparison of results. You should start to notice subtle changes e.g. the ease with which an O-ring can be removed diminishes as the foreskin grows longer.

(3) Try to measure / photograph at a time when your skin consistency is constant - e.g. first thing in the morning when the skin has relaxed overnight and will has a fairly constant temperature, namely that of the bed.

Best

Klaus
Old November 19th, 2012

["I'd say I'm somewhere between CI-2 and CI-3 ...

Even though I'm only about a CI-2.5 I can actually cover my glans (when I'm flaccid) almost completely simply by gently pulling up the skin with two hands and using my thumbs and index fingers. The thing is, when I do it this way my penis seems to actually get shorter overall until I let go. Does this help stretch the skin or am I simply retracting my glans into the skin?"]

Hi Jamifa. I have experienced exactly the same thing.

I've been manually tugging for a good 2 years, off and on for various times daily. I started as a CI-2/3, and am now between a 3 and 4. My favorite methods are 2 and 3.

I would not say that having assisted coverage (of a retracted penis) will, in itself, promote mitosis. But it is a good indication of progress. I have found that with just limited tugging, sometimes only once a day for 10-15 minutes, it has gotten much easier to cover the glans, and coverage lasts for many, many hours. Optically, I look uncut, but with pucker and little overhang.

My advice is "keep it up" - it will pay off faster than you think!

Good luck,
Sync45
Old March 4th, 2014

I talked to a partcially cut guy. Last time I saw him, he had problems because the remaining foreskin was rather tight again. Now I saw him again and he said it wasnt tight anymore and it even got longer - because he used cortison salve. Any expiriences?
Old March 4th, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlansOfStone View Post
I talked to a partcially cut guy. Last time I saw him, he had problems because the remaining foreskin was rather tight again. Now I saw him again and he said it wasnt tight anymore and it even got longer - because he used cortison salve. Any expiriences?
Cortisone is a steroidal compound that belongs to the corticosteroid family, there are many. Corticosteroids do loosen skin, it is often prdescribed for phimosis treatment but prolonged use will thin out the skin and reduce its elasticity. They also inhibit mitosis, something we DO NOT want to do. Face it, there is NO easy, quick way to restore your foreskin. Only time and dedication will yield results. KEEP ON TUGGING!
Old March 4th, 2014

OK, thx . Sounded too good and easy to be true.
Old April 26th, 2014
wildhawk

I've only used manual 2. It's all I know how to do right now, and it works well.