Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network TLC Tugger User Group

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > TLC Tugger User Group
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TLC Tugger User Group Moderated by Ron Low

Old July 21st, 2011
Cone-a-holic

Default hanging - how much weight to be effective

Hi Tuggers,

I'm a new tugger. Just received my order this week. Fitted my yourskin cone within minutes of getting home and opening the package. Have not gone uncovered since. Always exciting getting a new toy, which is not the best environment to be trying to lean how best to fit your cone, but I am learning quick

Tried the packer with a 5oz weight. The packer is great. Feels like it is glued on. Quite an enjoyable way to cover your glans. But to get good skin growth, how much weight am I going to need?

I'm not a fan of straps, so hanging seemed like a good solution. I looked at TLC-X, and wonder what is more effective. Is there a comparison between TLC, TLC-X, packer+hanging ? I don't want to overdo it, and am happy to be patient. I have wanted to restore for years. Only just got to ordering a cone. Should have done so years ago (not told the wife yet)

So, should I get more weights (only bought a 5oz to start with). Should I buy a TLX-X too ? Can you get the TLC-X with a short rod, for beginners? I want to start out with something that's not too large.

Too early for results of course, but the experience has been great so far. Unlikely to go uncovered ever again. So for the lurkers, as I have been for years, get on and do it. Wish I'd started years ago.

BTW Ron, the new clear cone is great. I can see what I'm doing

I'm an Aussie, so you can call me Bruce!
Old July 23rd, 2011

Default Re: hanging - how much weight to be effective

The amount of weight to use, if you are going to use weights rather than an elastic method, varies.

Personally I've made weights up to about 2.5 pounds.

Here's my opinion

5 oz. very light, but I have a problem getting it to stay on.
8 oz. about the lowest weight I can use for everyday activity.
10 oz. A little heavier, still feels very comfortable.
15 oz. I like this one, it's not to heavy for my normal working pace, wouldn't want to run with it.
21 oz. Occasional use, have to walk a little slower, or the swinging of the weight starts to get uncomfortable.
28 oz. I use this one when I know I am not going to be moving around a lot, sitting at a computer, where it can hang over the edge of the chair, fo example.

Anything higher than this I've come to believe is counterproductive, is possibly does more harm than good.

Experiment a little, see what works for you. I primarily am using the 10, 15 and 21 oz weights now, depending on my expected activity level.

I hang them onto a TLC, and a DTR, mostly.

Above all, if it HURTS, it's too much. Take the weight off, and use a lower amount.

Good luck, best wishes, It takes a long time, no matter what. You have plenty of time to experiment.

KOT.
Old July 23rd, 2011
Administrator

Thanks for your patience, Bruce. We're recovering from flood at TLC World Headquarters. Water gushed in the basement window like it was broken portal on the Titanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySkinPlease View Post
to get good skin growth, how much weight am I going to need?
You won't know until you do a few monthly FEC readings, but generally if you wear it several hours a stretch and your device never gets uncomfortable then you could probably use more tension. If it ALWAYS gets uncomfortable you must use less tension.

Quote:
should I get more weights (only bought a 5oz to start with).
Adding the set that includes a 1-ounce, 2-ounce, and 4-ounce weight would let you experiment with precise increments of additional weight. I'm average sized and I use between 6 and 10 ounces depending on how long I'll be wearing it. Larger girth or thicker skin means you the same weight will produce less stress in your skin.

Quote:
Can you get the TLC-X with a short rod, for beginners?
The TLC-X is supplied with two Rods. I don't think of it as a beginner/advanced thing. The longer one is for using Rubber band tension and weights.

-Ron
Old July 24th, 2011
Cone-a-holic

Thanks for the info. So far, the 5oz has been comfortable all day, so will plan on increasing it. no hurry though. plenty of learning to do still
Old July 24th, 2011

Quote:
... plenty of learning to do still
And plenty of time to do it, so you figure out what works for you.