Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > GUEST SERVICES > Welcome / Orientation Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome / Orientation Center Need help getting started? Post a question here even if you're just visiting. No links, no pics. REVIEW OUR GLOSSARY.

Old August 13th, 2011

Default Meatotomy

(Mods, feel free to move my message, I didn't know where else to put it.)

Greetings, mutilated as an infant and underwent a meatotomy when I was 4. I was wondering, for those of you who underwent a meatotomy later in life, or had one at all, exactly how big/length is the normal urethra opening for those who haven't had to undergo this procedure first of all? Whenever I urinate, the opening seems to close in the center, always causing two different streams, making my urination control hard to adjust unless I need to hold it open.

2, and please, please, please, no comments about doctors not touching your penis with this one please. Does anyone know of any urologists that would be able to correct this error via surgical means because of the said problem? Is there even a procedure for it?
Old August 13th, 2011
Administrator

Default Re: Meatotomy

Did you have a narrowing of your urethral opening? Is that why the doctor performed the meatotomy?

If so, then it was not a mistake, in the sense that the doctor felt he (she) was correcting a problem?

And are you now wanting a doctor to surgically narrow the opening?

I would think that a urologist or cosmetic surgeon would be the appropriate doctor to consult with. Perhaps a surgeon specializing in sexual reassignment surgery?

That is all I can offer.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old August 13th, 2011

Not saying it was a mistake whatsoever. And because I was 4 and my parents despise talking to me about these things, everything is still unclear about why I got it done, nevertheless...

The main problem, is that it is obvious the opening it too big and was wondering how long it normally is on people, and if they experience the same things?
Old August 13th, 2011

My meatus is 11/32"
The problem you describe should be easy to correct, unless there are other matters involved.
Old August 14th, 2011

Has anyone ever experienced a similar problem as a result of having been circumcised?
Old August 14th, 2011

I thought you meant that your meatus had grown together in the middle, causing two streams when you urinate. I suppose if the meatus is long enough the mid sections could touch, causing two streams. Maybe someone here is familiar with such a thing. You're not talking about some form of hypospadias, are you?
Old August 14th, 2011

narrowing of the peehole is a common consequence of MGM. they showed it on the circ harm survey. restricts pee flow.
Old August 16th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjs2732 View Post
Has anyone ever experienced a similar problem as a result of having been circumcised?
Yep - hook, line and sinker here. I think I was a bit older than you when I had the procedure done (5 or 6?). Multiple streams, peeing on your leg, or off to the side all seem to be side effects since it destroys the natural pucker of the meatus.

The rationale was that I was getting lots of UTI's and had metal stenosis (due to shrinkage of tissue from the glans always being exposed.) The very UTI's the original cut was supposed to prevent.

Out of curiosity, how old are you? I'm 28. I wonder if the circ method has anything to do with the result, or if it is just due to having a smaller opening and then the resultant shrinking of the tissue.

At least for me, I feel even more mutilated as a result and had I known at that age that it would only cause more damage, I wouldn't have undergone it. I was basically told nothing about it.
Old August 16th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82 View Post
Yep - hook, line and sinker here. I think I was a bit older than you when I had the procedure done (5 or 6?). Multiple streams, peeing on your leg, or off to the side all seem to be side effects since it destroys the natural pucker of the meatus.

The rationale was that I was getting lots of UTI's and had metal stenosis (due to shrinkage of tissue from the glans always being exposed.) The very UTI's the original cut was supposed to prevent.

Out of curiosity, how old are you? I'm 28. I wonder if the circ method has anything to do with the result, or if it is just due to having a smaller opening and then the resultant shrinking of the tissue.

At least for me, I feel even more mutilated as a result and had I known at that age that it would only cause more damage, I wouldn't have undergone it. I was basically told nothing about it.
Join the club of unsuspecting victims. Anyway, if your pee sprays, do a botched circ lawsuit. Noone can argue that spraying is supposed to happen from a circ. Sounds like $$$.
Old August 18th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by intact View Post
Join the club of unsuspecting victims. Anyway, if your pee sprays, do a botched circ lawsuit. Noone can argue that spraying is supposed to happen from a circ. Sounds like $$$.
The spraying would be from the subsequent meatotomy. Needless to say, I am unhappy with the results of something that I was still too young to understand and was supposed to correct a side effect of something even worse. I'm not sure I know who performed the procedure, and even still the statute of limitations is probably long expired at the age of 28. If it were feasible, I'd love to collect royalties and donate them all to Foregen, as that is pretty much the only mechanism by which the physical part of the damage could be repaired.