Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > GUEST SERVICES > Welcome / Orientation Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome / Orientation Center Need help getting started? Post a question here even if you're just visiting. No links, no pics. REVIEW OUR GLOSSARY.

Old August 18th, 2011

Default Re: Meatotomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82 View Post
The spraying would be from the subsequent meatotomy. Needless to say, I am unhappy with the results of something that I was still too young to understand and was supposed to correct a side effect of something even worse. I'm not sure I know who performed the procedure, and even still the statute of limitations is probably long expired at the age of 28. If it were feasible, I'd love to collect royalties and donate them all to Foregen, as that is pretty much the only mechanism by which the physical part of the damage could be repaired.
Read about thosestatutes in another thread. Might not be too late at all. Please sue. It is important that people speak up and bear witness.
Old August 18th, 2011

I agree that it is important that people speak up - If it were feasible, it might be a way to heal some of the grief that I carry around every day. Who would actually support such a suit though?

It seems like there is too much bias to find a good lawyer. After helping my mother through a nasty divorce, I don't know that there are too many good ones out there. Many prefer to kiss up to the judges than try and do something noble or fair. They cave too easily, and would give up, or want money that most of us don't have to fight.
Old August 19th, 2011

search youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8szj1jFCWM
sues and wins
Old August 19th, 2011
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82 View Post
I agree that it is important that people speak up - If it were feasible, it might be a way to heal some of the grief that I carry around every day. Who would actually support such a suit though?

It seems like there is too much bias to find a good lawyer. After helping my mother through a nasty divorce, I don't know that there are too many good ones out there. Many prefer to kiss up to the judges than try and do something noble or fair. They cave too easily, and would give up, or want money that most of us don't have to fight.
There is a saying, "50% of all lawyers are below average." It also applies to doctors, carpenters, and everyone else.

There are good lawyers and bad lawyers. If you end up with a bad lawyer, you did not look hard enough. You can also fire a bad attorney and hire a good one. It also helps to learn a bit about the law so that you can better understand and work with your attorney. It is really no different than hiring any other skilled person to do specialized work for you. You can either throw your hands up in the air and let whatever happens happen, or you can actively learn about the process and be a participant and have some control over what happens.

Also, lawyers like to be paid for the work they do, just the same as anyone else. I charge over $200 per hour. Last year I paid myself about the same as I paid my secretary. Only a small part of that $200 goes into my pocket.

A restoring attorney

PS: The above saying is not entirely correct. It is the mean, not the average. But only a statistician would care about the difference.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is a saying, "50% of all lawyers are below average." It also applies to doctors, carpenters, and everyone else.
This is definitely true - due to bigger purchases, lack of time, etc. I have had to rely on others for at least some parts of my life. Even in my own profession, I have found that there are a lot of lousy workers out there. Many may be in the wrong field, and have no passion for what they do. It is a sad situation, but it is also reality.

The problem isn't necessarily the lack of any good professionals, but rather the immense amount of time AND expense to find the ones that are worth it. Point in case - I have a guy that I trust to do home repairs that are very extensive (I do most things myself). I wouldn't ever think about going anywhere else, as he does a spectacular job. A significant number of other things I have not been able to do myself have ended up with less than stellar results, at which point I usually fix the problem myself rather than playing roulette again.

The problem is compounded for a circ lawsuit, as there may be good attorneys that have a conflict of interest with the nature of the claims (religion, personal circ status, etc.). They also deserve to be paid fairly if they do a good job, but most of the people on this forum (myself included) could probably only pay for said work if the case wins.

I have a great amount of respect for any person(s) who have taken legal action, because not only do they generate press for the cause, which educates countless individuals (directly or indirectly), but they also set precedent for future cases.
Old August 19th, 2011

At any rate - the thread has gone a bit off course, but I'm very curious to hear from the original poster again, as it sounds like we are in a very similar predicament.