Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > Grief
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Grief Realizing you've lost a perfectly evolved healthy normal body part (or even a diseased one) can hit you pretty hard. We're here to help.

Old October 21st, 2011

Default A Filipino's Grief

I am an 18 year old Filipino who was cut at the age of 12. I don't really know how to get going since a lot of things are going on my mind right now so forgive me if this doesn't make sense.

After restoring for about two weeks now, I decided that I want to make a change. But it's just too hard to impose very 'taboo' changes. I tried talking to my friends about restoring and many just laughed at me. No one seemed to care. Circumcision in our country seems to be as natural as menstruation. By the age of 12 or earlier, males are expected to be cut. Some are even forced even if they cry a river of tears! What's worse is that some undergo circ without anesthesia and proper medical tools. Those who don't undergo circ suffer the consequences of being teased as gay. If I had known the adverse effects of circ, I wouldn't have undergone one. But how was I to know? No book wrote about it. I've been using the internet for so long but it's only recently that I found out about this thing.

I wish there are fellow Filipinos who would help me un-brainwash society but there aren't. And if you go against the norm, you're an outcast. I wish this weren't true.
Old October 21st, 2011

Default Re: A Filipino's Grief

Interesting that Filipinos are strongly into Roman Catholicism which teaches against circumcision. Your firends are ignorant of the functions of the foreskin. Try getting your friends to watch this talk on the functions of the foreskin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD2yW7AaZFw
Old October 21st, 2011
Administrator

There have been books written about it here in the USA. They just haven't been distributed internationally or translated into Tagalog or other languages.

There has been at least one Filipino doctor speaking out against it. Here's his website on the subject; be warned that there are a few disturbing photos: http://xtulepinoy.tripod.com/ {mod: Tripod is kind of spammy} [z726: no kidding. Looks like something a Geocities site crapped out back in 1996]

Some 9 years ago, he wrote a few articles about it in the Manila Bulletin:
http://www.circumstitions.com/Philippin3.html#joson

Others in your country have blogged about it. Here are a couple links; I'm sure a quick Google search would find you more:
http://allanrockz8.blogspot.com/2008...pang-tuli.html
http://www.medskul.com/rgarcia/adose84.shtml
Old October 22nd, 2011

thank you for the links! It feels better to know such stuff!
Old October 25th, 2011
Emperor of Rebellion

i live in america but sadly my parents are filipino my mom isn't technically the "traditional" filipino but she still thinks circumcision should be done cause it's "cleaner" and the boys in the philippines will laugh at you....
Old October 25th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
i live in america but sadly my parents are filipino my mom isn't technically the "traditional" filipino but she still thinks circumcision should be done cause it's "cleaner" and the boys in the philippines will laugh at you....
It's a strong social belief eh? I never got a hint that it posed adverse effects until now. So were you cut at birth or when you were around 12? I can say Filipinos are still luckier than Americans since majority of us are cut loosely.
Old October 25th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsugeki013 View Post
I can say Filipinos are still luckier than Americans since majority of us are cut loosely.
I heard Filipinos up until very recently were only given dorsal slits. Is that true?
Old October 25th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHat View Post
I heard Filipinos up until very recently were only given dorsal slits. Is that true?
It's the first time I heard of dorsal slits. I looked it up on wiki and I guess majority of us if not all had that kind of circumcision.

It says there no tissue (besides the foreskin) is removed from dorsal slits but from reading stuff here in this forum, I think much of my frenulum was removed.
Old October 25th, 2011

So, if you don't mind me asking, does yours look anything like this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...al_view%29.JPG

If so, you are probably better off than a lot of us Americans. Not that any sort of dick-cutting is ever a good thing, mind you, but the typical Filipino cutting ritual seems to be a lot less severe than what us Yanks adopted oh-so-many years ago.

Although I get the impression that Filipino boys nowadays are getting the full American-style foreskin removal, which is even more tragic, to say the least.
Old October 26th, 2011

yeah, mine looks that way.

Minus the pain and the possible infections, we really are better off. I never heard of any Filipino who didn't enjoy sexual activities or who haven't had an orgasm yet.

I still am hoping I could regrow the frenulum.