Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > GUEST SERVICES > Welcome / Orientation Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome / Orientation Center Need help getting started? Post a question here even if you're just visiting. No links, no pics. REVIEW OUR GLOSSARY.

Old October 28th, 2011

Question QUESTION: How Can We Financially Support this Site? (Or do We?)

Hi -- I can find no information about this on the site -- maybe I'm not using the search capability wisely -- maybe I'm not searching for the correct thing(s).

How should we support this site? I'm not talking about spreading the word, participating, heeding calls to action, etc. I'm talking about financial support.

Does the site seek monetary donations? If so, what are the mechanics -- i.e., how do we donate? (Please note, I'm not in a position to donate a lot, but maybe can occasionally give a little -- maybe on a yearly or quarterly basis...)
Old October 28th, 2011
Administrator

Default Re: QUESTION: How Can We Financially Support this Site? (Or do We?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
Hi -- I can find no information about this on the site -- maybe I'm not using the search capability wisely -- maybe I'm not searching for the correct thing(s).

How should we support this site? I'm not talking about spreading the word, participating, heeding calls to action, etc. I'm talking about financial support.

Does the site seek monetary donations? If so, what are the mechanics -- i.e., how do we donate? (Please note, I'm not in a position to donate a lot, but maybe can occasionally give a little -- maybe on a yearly or quarterly basis...)
If you're talking about Foreskin-Restoration.net/forum, I appreciate the sentiment, thanks. But it's not a problem. The forum is sponsored by TLCTugger.com, Inc. to ensure that device users have a place to get impartial advice and share their triumphs.

In the past we set up free online user groups at Yahoo and then at free sites like SmartGroups but they kept getting shut down or going out of business. So I bought this domain from a guy who had been running some kind of group, and I installed this robust forum system (which is due for an update, I know) on a paid hosting service so we'd never have to worry about evil corporations pulling the rug out from under us anymore. Since then several others have set up similar forums but some of them have vanished also.

If you really want to pay for the forum I suppose we could set up a separate level of participation. We could grant special privileges to people who gave shekels to IntactAmerica.org or something. Maybe this sub-group would get a PM inbox that could hold 1000s of messages, or they could get something else folks would suggest. I'm all ears.

-Ron Low
http://TLCTugger.com
847 414-1692
Old October 29th, 2011

Default Re: QUESTION: How Can We Financially Support this Site? (Or do We?)

Hi Ron:

I don't know that a separate level of service or participation is wanted or needed -- the level of service is quite high and I think you have a winning forum and set of participants. I don't know that this should be "fixed" since nothing at all is broken.

One of my concerns is that if the financial support model was based on contributions, then I was not doing my share. Since the financial model is part of the TLC service, I think I am already participating. And this model appears to also be a winning solution.

When I looked at what I was doing for Intactivism, I found I was mostly ranting, whining, and "lurking" in the forums. I was not putting any money where my mouth was. By just "lurking" in a couple of forums, I was not doing anything with the knowledge I was gaining. So, that's what is broken and that's what I'm trying to fix. I'm slowly trying to become more of an active participant and no longer just "lurk". I like the idea of supporting IntactAmerica.org, and I have, and I think this is part of the solution for me.

So all of these questions are my trying to discover how things are working and how best to participate. However, there is nothing broken about the Foreskin-Restoration.net/forum, so I would not mess with that.