Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > THE ARTS > - The Lighter Side of Mutilation
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

- The Lighter Side of Mutilation What we go through to undo what some bastard did does border on the absurd at times. Share.

Old November 20th, 2011

Default Haha- Best Intactivist Video EVER (or Most Tasteless--You Decide)

I really debated with myself about posting this, but if anything falls under the category, "the lighter side of mutilation", this would be it.

I think the message is intactivist

(albeit raunchy and sophomoric).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwLtRgB30xA
Old November 24th, 2011

Default Re: Haha- Best Intactivist Video EVER (or Most Tasteless--You Decide)

that was ridiculously stupid, and disingenuous. judging by the accent of the person, he was middle/northern british. he is probably intact, and doesn't know what hes talking about, as he is not an amputee like so many of us. id imagine this is a lot like an "unraped" woman making rape jokes on a forum for victims of rape.

sorry, but i don't get the "lighten up already" side of reaching out to victims of sexual abuse. that's like making n word jokes to people who lost their fathers to lynchings.
Old November 24th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicousg42 View Post
that was ridiculously stupid, and disingenuous. judging by the accent of the person, he was middle/northern british. he is probably intact, and doesn't know what hes talking about, as he is not an amputee like so many of us. id imagine this is a lot like an "unraped" woman making rape jokes on a forum for victims of rape.

sorry, but i don't get the "lighten up already" side of reaching out to victims of sexual abuse. that's like making n word jokes to people who lost their fathers to lynchings.
I didn't intend to offend anyone. I'll take it down if that's the consensus.

For the record, I'm very unhappy, upset and depressed about my (and every other cut man's) maimed status. And I feel I'm very sensitive to any display of ignorance or minimization of the gravity of this atrocity. And I can get (and have gotten) very offended and upset by said displays of ignorance, stupidity, denial, malice, minimization, etc.

Having said that, I don't see it as offensive.

Firstly, he acknowledges babies are going through torture.

Secondly, it seems obvious to me he's intact, and he's demonstrating (in a ridiculous way) how utterly and mind-bogglingly masochistic and absurd it would be for a man to want to wantonly maim himself in such a way.

Also, the hatred and disdain one would have to have for one's own body ("we're just gonna chop this motherf**ker off..") in order to want to inflict this pain and destruction on oneself.

The implication (at least to me) is: if a man would be BATSH*T INSANE to do this to HIS OWN BODY, then it's equally OR MORE insane to do this to a BABY.

As for his being British, I saw it as demonstrating how alien and stupid this horrific cultural practice must look from the perspective of someone who is NOT of that culture.

Few random things -

-"...how much torture a baby kid goes through..."

-He calls the foreskin "delicious" (How many American men have even considered the possibility of the juxtapostion of those two words).

-He demonstrates how incredibly painful it would be. He's acting like a dumbass and it's fake, but how can anyone watch that without cringing?

-I can't quite make out what he says, but it sounds like he's saying, "it's crap for wanking" (any British people know what he actually said there?)

-"Keep the foreskin"

Anyway, that's how I saw it. Though I'm sure your view is equally valid. I thought your comments were very insightful and interesting. I guess humor is like that -what's funny and insightful to one person is offensive and dumb to someone else.

Again, if this is upsetting, I don't mind it being taken down.

Interested in your thoughts,

Last edited by Purist; November 24th, 2011 at 09:57.
Old November 24th, 2011

I thought http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwLtRgB30xA was kinda funny but yea I get the points...