Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > General Intactivism Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 14th, 2011

Default Impact on Behavior (Question)

Is there any strong evidence or research that the trauma and pain the infant goes through during genital cutting is the cause of behavioral/emotional issues/dysfunctions later in life?

It seems intuitive to me, but I'm looking for strong evidence (scientific, or otherwise) or research that can be presented to others to make this case.

Thanks
Old December 14th, 2011

Default Re: Impact on Behavior (Question)

There is strong evidence to suggest that trauma in childhood from such things as genital mutilation, spanking, neglect, is the direct cause of later dysfunction.

Check out Stefan Molyneuxs Bomb in the Brain series
Old December 14th, 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Is there any strong evidence or research that the trauma and pain the infant goes through during genital cutting is the cause of behavioral/emotional issues/dysfunctions later in life?

It seems intuitive to me, but I'm looking for strong evidence (scientific, or otherwise) or research that can be presented to others to make this case.

Thanks
http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/

Check the bibliography.
Old December 14th, 2011

For research, I agree that you should go to CIRP.

For firsthand original accounts and testimonies from men (strong evidence?), you need only to turn to the Grief Section.

There is NO GOOD EXCUSE for genital abuse.
Old December 14th, 2011

Here in this website are available the "Alexithymia and Circumcision Trauma" studies where circumcision has been related to be the factor that impacts male behavior in adult life. These studies were done comparing circumcised men vs. intact men where the first ones had a major level of this condition unlike the second ones.

In this other website there's this little article "MRI Studies: The Brain Permanently Altered From Infant Circumcision" that suggests that infant circumcision without anesthesia alters the brain permanently:

http://www.drmomma.org/2009/10/mri-s...y-altered.html

I add two more links of the same website:

"Circumcision Study Ends Early Due to Infant Trauma"
http://www.drmomma.org/2009/10/circu...ly-due-to.html

"Infant Pain Impacts Adult Sensitivity"
http://www.drmomma.org/2009/10/infan...nsitivity.html
Old December 22nd, 2011

Some people have claimed that being circumcised can make your hip flexors tight (muscle guard reflex?), altering your joints' mechanical alignment, and then as a result your general posture.

http://www.foreskin-restoration.net/...ead.php?t=5286
http://web.archive.org/web/201011191...rc.html#rhodes

<shrug>
It's not inconceivable...

But as with all things, I am weary and never claim that "circ causes X!" without overwhelming evidence. Still, as someone with tight hip flexors and weird emotions associated with some postural muscles, it's an appealing idea. It's a topic potentially open to scientific investigation.

BBQ
Old December 22nd, 2011
Restoring from Wisconsin

Interesting....

I'm also not taking much stock in circ and other issues. But oddly, i've also been plagued by tight hip flexors. Maybe a poll?
Old December 22nd, 2011
CI3

I'm not sure about the hip flexor issue but, I'm was always pretty flexible. I suppose it's plausible that any given area could suffer an abnormal amount of tension and stress as a result of being restrained during circumcision since the body is going to obviously be in a state of "fight or flight". That would logically have a higher probability in people that aren't naturally flexible considering the wide range of the level of flexibility potential each of us have.

However, the there is apparently a high level of of false positives and false negatives when it comes to diagnosing issues with the sacroiliac joint. The symptoms are also incredibly common to other ailments as almost all of them are related to lower back pain. I would tend to think an issue with the sacroiliac joint would cause an "internal" ache near the ball and socket hip joint even if the sacroiliac joint is just a "shock absorber" of sorts.

It would probably be incredibly difficult to do a study on this particular issue due to the overwhelming amount of variables that occur over the course of one's life combined with the wide range of physiological variances and capabilities in each of us. The closest you could probably get would be to take the average range of motion in a newborn and feed it into a simulator. The problem with that is going to be there is no way to get an average of strength in a newborn much less being able to simulate the increase of their capabilities in a situation such as circumcision.
Old December 23rd, 2011

well, i for one have always had a very low self esteem, and deep connection between violence and passion. once i discovered all i can about sex, i realized that the violence fantasy is somewhat sexual, i have no doubt in my mind that circ has connected sex and violence in my psyche. but what do i know? im a "faggot jew hating foreskin fetishist who doesn't want to be clean or healthy"
Old December 23rd, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicousg42 View Post
well, i for one have always had a very low self esteem, and deep connection between violence and passion. once i discovered all i can about sex, i realized that the violence fantasy is somewhat sexual, i have no doubt in my mind that circ has connected sex and violence in my psyche. but what do i know? im a "faggot jew hating foreskin fetishist who doesn't want to be clean or healthy"
How do you know that circ is what caused that link?
Lots of people feel a link between the two, for various reasons. Some would argue that hetero sexual relations (stereotypically) are inherently about domination and submission, at least to some extent.